The main matches of interest today are the European Championship Qualifiers. We also have Asian Qualifiers, and U21 football which, despite not being researched, will be monitored by me today. I will do a review/preview video.
European Championship Qualifying
17:00 - Latvia v Armenia - 1.95 Armenia
- 134th v 92nd.
- Group D sees Latvia bottom and Armenia a competitive 3rd. Win for Armenia could see them break into the top 2.
- Armenia look a tough side to score 2 goals against so remember that if Latvia score first.
- Latvia tend to concede 2 goals at least in, usually, defeat.
19:45 - Albania v Czech Republic - 2.30 Czech
- Albania top Group E, something I would not have expected. Czechs are 2 points shy in 2nd place.
- A 2-0 win v Poland latest underlines Albania's good form in what is a weak group compromising Faroes and Moldova.
- 1-1 v the Czechs recently. Can that be improved upon with home advantage?
- The Czechs are hard to score 2 goals against, and beat, in the last 4 matches.
- No wonder it's 2.30 the favourite. Top 2 in the Group. The winner goes top of the Group so on that basis, perhaps a late lay the draw?
19:45 - Andorra v Kosovo - 1.40 Kosovo
- 2 points from 2 draws for Andorra but still bottom of Group I. Kosovo on 4 points are no better!
- 1-1 the last time these 2 met with Kosovo scoring first. Andorra may feel more confident than the market suggests in a battle of the bottom 2.
19:45 - Croatia v Turkey - 1.65 Croatia
- Group D sees 1st v 2nd, on 10 points.
- 0-2 win for Croatia in a recent head-to-head. Croatia have kept 3 consecutive clean sheets.
- Turkey enjoying the group, their only recent loss v Croatia.
- Likely a more competitive match than 1.65 odds suggests, given these 2 are on 10 points each. The winner goes singularly top.
- Croatia's scorer is likely to have ic as the last 2 letters of his surname.
- Turkey's recent 1-1 v Armenia gives, I think, advantage to Croatia. A defensive Armenia held firm. Croatia's clean sheets see defending as their strong point.
19:45 - Cyprus v Norway - 1.22 Norway
- 105th v 41st.
- Group A sees Cyprus on no points and Norway, 3rd, in desperate need of 3 points, with 2nd placed Scotland having played a game less.
- Cyprus tend to concede at least 2 goals in defeat
- 2 consecutive home wins for Norway sees them coming into this must-win with momentum.
19:45 - Faroe Islands v Poland - 1.35 Poland
- 4 consecutive defeats for Faroes, failing to score in 3 of those.
- 2-0 Poland win in recent head-to-head saw a late penalty and an 80th+ minute winner.
- Poland's wins came at home. Losses away v Moldova and Albania suggests that their odds are far too short today. With Faroes at home, they are likely to be very defensive, and it did, remember, take a penalty in the 73rd minute to break the ice with Poland at home.
- Value lays in backing 0-0 pre-match here and/or laying Poland if Poland lead.
19:45 - Spain v Scotland - 1.25 Spain
- 7th v 38th.
- 2nd v 1st and a 6-point lead for Scotland. Spain have a game in hand.
- 2-0 Scotland win last head-to-head. With McTominay scoring twice for Man Utd at the weekend, he is, for me, the key to any potential Scottish win today.
- The market is very emphatic though and, again, the odds look far too short for me, given the form in which Scotland are in. I am happy to lay Spain if they lead 1-0. Let's make sure McTominay is playing to give us our better chance.
Ireland Premier Division
19:45 - UCD v Bohemians - 1.11 Bohemians
- UCD's only wins this season came at home v the bottom 2 teams.
- They play 5th today. 1-1 home draw, 2-1 and 2-0 away defeats for UCD in head to heads.
- UCD have failed to score that 2nd goal v the top 7 at home so look layable if leading.
- Bohemians have slipped up away v 8th (win and a loss), 9th (2-1 win and loss) and 10th (1-1) - today's opponent so might be vulnerable this evening.
- The market though is absolutely emphatic. Watch the review/preview video for a look at the 20-minute rule and the other competitions on today.