It was business as usual for the red hot favourites yesterday. What I did particularly like though was the ending of the draw in the Fiorentina match, as per the very strong trends advertised by both sides.
Barcelona won their 2nd leg. Take note there. Southampton 1 Liverpool 0. As I said in research, this League cup result is only halftime. Liverpool ensured they did not lose heavily and, like Barcelona, have a second leg at home so will be very confident. It's a tough day today. Second leg Spanish cup matches make very little appeal and seem to be 'game over'. In-play stats will reveal all.
18:00 - Celta Vigo v Valencia - 1.93 Celta Vigo
- It is 1-4 for Celta Vigo from the first leg of this Coppa Italia match. Quite simply, Celta Vigo only need to avoid a 0-3 defeat in order to qualify comfortably. There is a feeling that if Celta can score 4 goals away at Valencia, that Valencia's mind is elsewhere this season.
- No other research necessary as we must necessarily react to the first leg scoreline which is comprehensive.
18:00 - Eibar v Osasuna - 1.61 Eibar
- Eibar overall form.
- Only 2 wins in their last 6 matches came in the Copa del Rey.
- Eibar have a 0-3 advantage from the first leg.
- Does this suggest Osasuna are not bothered with the Copa Del Rey. Consider they are away from home today and have to win 0-3 just to retain parity with Eibar. Another no play I'm afraid.
20:00 - Reading v QPR - 1.93 Reading
- This is the English Championship.
- Reading are 3rd.
Reading 100% stats
- No over 4.5 goals matches at home.
- Not lost to nil at home.
Reading overall stats
- 9 wins in their last 12 matches - no draw in 13 matches.
- Failed to score in only 4 matches.
- 5 consecutive home wins.
- All wins home and away v 18th and lower - playing 17th today.
QPR 100% stats
- No 0-0.
- All wins by 1 or 2 goals away.
- All away defeats by either 1 or 3 goals.
- No away matches totalling exactly 4 goals.
QPR other stats
- Conceded in their last 12 matches and last 9 away.
- All scorelines at halftime away have been either 0-0, 1-0 or 0-1.
- All defeats away v top 8 sides.
- 11 of 12 goals scored away came 2nd half.
- On form, QPR should not be winning today and are highly likely to concede so watch out for any 0-0 or any QPR lead
- Reading really should be scoring 2 goals and winning here if they can replicate the 100% winning form v 18th and lower (playing 17th today).
- QPR another under 1.5 goals halftime scoreline?
20:00 - AC Milan v Torino - 2.18 AC Milan
Milan form overall
- Only 2 defeats in 17 matches. Been really solid.
- 6 wins and 2 draws in their last 8 home matches.
Milan Coppa Italia form
- Unbeaten in 7 matches with only 2 of those going to extra time.
- 3 wins and 2 extra times in their last 5 home matches.
Torino form overall
- Only 1 win in their last 6 matches.
- Only 2 wins in their last 10 away matches.
Torino coppa form
- The last 5 cup matches have seen one team scoring exactly 4 goals (albeit the last match saw 4 extra time goals).
- 6 consecutive away cup defeats.
- Torino have failed to score in 4 of their last 5 away cup matches so if somehow they score first today, logic suggests they are layed as they have not shown any propensity towards 2 goals away.
- Form suggests Milan are given the nod today and should not lose.
20:15 - Sevilla v Real Madrid - 2.54 Real Madrid
- On paper this looks like an exciting match.
- It is another second leg in the Spanish Copa del Rey
- 3-0 to Real Madrid from the first leg.
- This is another imponderable as Real Madrid can afford a 2-0 defeat and still progress in this competition.