Did you lay Real Madrid to qualify at 1.02 odds? It was in fact 1.01 odds before Roma's match. Real Madrid's odds rose to a high of 1.67 for an excellent trade. I hope you cashed out. Poor Gigi Buffon. What a way to end Juventus' amazing effort.
On to today, and it's the Europa League. It's a competition with few angles and I am likely to leave alone today.
I suggest in-play stats will be the key to finding angles tonight in this competition. I am sorry to be so non-committal to my conclusions below but this is a tough competition to have faith that the teams actually want to be in it.
20:05 - Marseille v Leipzig - 2.3 Marseille
- 45th minute 1-0 Leipzig lead in the first leg is not an insurmountable task for Marseille. Leipzig do still hold the advantage of not conceding an away goal.
- Marseille did score 3 goals in each of their last 2 home matches v Braga and Atl Bilbao.
- Leipzig's away form in the Europa League is threadbare but 1-3 v Napoli and 1-1 v Zenit is reasonable. Note they conceded. If they concede first today then it is still advantage Leipzig if Leipzig get a goal given the away goal rule.
- I really do not know how to play this. The weekend football is 2 days away. I'm happy to wait for more readable matches.
20:05 - CSKA Moscow v Arsenal - 2.02 Arsenal
- 4-1 Arsenal from the first leg. The CSKA Moscow away goal does give them hope.
- There is nothing I can put forward as an angle here I'm afraid.
20:05 - Sporting Lisbon v Atl Madrid - 1.87 Atl Madrid
- 2-0 Atl Madrid from the first leg. Like Leipzig, Madrid have not conceded that away goal.
- The market I think has noticed Sporting strong home form in the Champions League, keeping Barcelona to a 0-1 and drawing 1-1 with Juventus.
- Neither of these scorelines help them today. They must score first as a Madrid goal will bring the away goals rule into play and a possible 2-0 deficit is changed. Sporting will then need 4 goals in reply with that away goal scored.
- Again I have no play or angle here.
20:05 - Salzburg v Lazio - 2.28 Red Bull
- 4-2 to Lazio from the first leg sees Salzburg with 2 all-important away goals. As with Liverpool last night, Lazio should nail the tie if they score tonight.
- The match was 2-2 until 2 70th+ minute Lazio goals. Lazio do look up for the Europa league, or at least capable of by-passing Salzburg.
- Salzburg are unbeaten in 7 consecutive home Europa League matches. 2-1 v Real Sociedad and 0-0 v Dortmund latest. As ever there are question marks about whether these elite sides actually put out a first team.
- Lazio are renowned for goals in Italian Seria A.They have now scored 2+ goals in 4 of their last 5 Europa League matches.
- 3-3-2-0-2 goals scored in their last 5 aways.
- Again, what's the angle here? Salzburg must score first and if they win 2-0 then they are through.
- Lay the 0-0 in the halftime score market perhaps?