Apologies that I cannot whip up any more enthusiasm for these first leg Europa League matches. 3 favourites at odds of 2.36+ suggests the market finds these matches difficult.
Chelsea would be my focus today as I believe Slavia Prague are vulnerable to conceding 2 goals v better quality opponents. Get Hazard playing and we could see 2 goals from Chelsea.
20:00 - Arsenal v Napoli - 2.54 Arsenal
- The market cannot split these 2. I do note that Napoli have lost and drawn their last 2 Italian Seria A matches. Were they resting players?
- I have absolutely no angles into this match. It is too tough to call.
20:00 - Benfica v Eintracht Frankfurt - 2.36 Benfica
- As above really. We play the cards we are dealt. So far in the Europa League, a couple of tough matches.
- Benfica have been an effective force at home in the Europa League this season. 3 clean sheets in 4 home matches, only Juventus able to score a single goal against them.
- Frankfurt have already met Portugeuse opponents away in the Europa League, a 2-2 draw with Porto.
- 2-2-3-2-2-1 goals scored away sees them as possibly a force today. So I would take note of that away goal scoring for Frankfurt in case Benfica score first.
20:00 - Slavia Prague v Chelsea - 1.71 Chelsea
- Slavia Prague have set up to be tough to score against this Europa League at least initially. 4 clean sheets in 5 matches but now conceding 1-2-2 goals. The 2-2 goals were conceded against Sevilla.
- 4 clean sheets at home and then that Sevilla 2 goal concession. Is this a signal for Chelsea and if the quality of opponent is upped, then Slavia really will be vulnerable?
- Chelsea are unbeaten this Europa League campaign. 3 consecutive 3+ goal scored/clean sheet wins came against Malmo and Dynamo Kiev twice.
- I would expect a Chelsea first team out today. Earlier in the campaign, away, they did construct 0-1 wins but since then, 2-2, 1-2, and 0-5 suggests a deliberate attempt to score more.
- I do think Slavia Prague look the type of team Chelsea could score 2 goals against. Do remember the tactical aspect. A 0-1 would do Chelsea as long as they have an away goal.
20:00 - Villarreal v Valencia - 2.8 Valencia
- I will not research this first leg match between 2 Spanish La Liga sides, with a 2-8 odds favourite.
- In-play stats....if you trade at all!