I have put the matches with something to play for, in italics below. All of the other matches have questionable motivation. I will do a live chat webinar at DRT Facebook and see you at 17:55. Tread warily this evening.
UEFA EUROPA LEAGUE
17:55 - CSKA Sofia v Roma - 1.75 Roma
- 0-0 for these 2 last head to head. Roma have qualified and have only conceded v the Young Boys.
- CSKA Sofia have yet to score.
- Nothing to play for.
17:55 - Dundalk v Arsenal - 1.15 Arsenal
- Dundalk on zero points are out. Arsenal are qualified and quite frankly finding the Europa League far too easy, even with a second string side.
- Dundalk won the Irish Cup Final at the weekend but that is sandwiched between 2 likely defeats v Molde and here v Arsenal.
- 3-0 defeat to Arsenal last time.
- 3-4-3-4 goals scored by Arsenal last 4 Europa League matches.
17:55 - Hapoel Be'er Sheva v Nice - 2.15 Nice
- Nothing for these 2 to play for in Group C.
- 1-0 Nice win last head to head.
17:55 - Lech Poznan v Rangers - 1.61 Rangers
- Rangers and Benfica have qualified in Group D.
- 4 losses and a win for Lech Poznan.1-0 Rangers win v Lech Poznan.
- Will Stevie Gerrard put out a second string Rangers side?
17:55 - Leverkusen v Slavia Prague - 1.61 Leverkusen
- Both sides have qualified. This is a battle for top spot.
- Slavia Prague won the head to head 1-0 but Leverkusen were red carded for a large proportion of the match.
- 3 wins for Leverkusen after that, scoring 2+ goals.
- 4 consecutive wins for Slavia Prague.
- Not a must win.
17:55 - Napoli v Real Sociedad - 2.05 Napoli
- Group F is a 3 horse race between 10 points Napoli, 8 points Real Sociedad and 8 points AZ Alkmaar.
- Napoli lost 0-1 v AZ, then 3 wins v Real Sociedad (0-1), and Rijeka twice. Draw 1-1 v AZ followed.
- Win, Loss, Win, Draw, Draw for Sociedad. The wins were 1-0, the loss 1-0. 2-2 v Rijeka recently was poor. At 1.12 odds, Sociedad were expected to win easily.
17:55 - PAOK v Granada - 2.5 PAOK
- Granada cannot be caught in 1st spot by any team other than PSV. PAOK cannot better 3rd spot in Group E.
- A dead rubber.
17:55 - PSV Eindhoven v Omonia Nicosia - 1.25 PSV
- PSV cannot be caught in 2nd place. Nicosia cannot progress.
17:55 - Rapid Vienna v Molde - 2.10 Rapid Vienna
- Simple. Rapid Vienna must win 1-0 or by 2 clear goals in order to progress from Group B.
- A draw does for Molde.
- 1-0 Molde win in the last head to head. Rapid Vienna's only wins came v Dundalk.
- Molde's only defeats came v Arsenal.
17:55 - Rijeka v AZ Alkmaar - 1.33 AZ
- Rijeka are out of contention but it is a must win for AZ Alkmaar.
- 4-1 AZ win in the last head to head augurs well here.
17:55 - Standard Liege v Benfica - 1.60 Benfica
- Benfica and Rangers are through from Group D.
17:55 - Young Boys v CFR Cluj - 1.53 Young Boys
- The winner takes 2nd place in Group A. A draw will do for Young Boys but it is win or nothing for Cluj here.
- 1-1 in the last head to head.
20:00 - Braga v Zorya - 1.50 Braga
- Leicester and Braga cannot be caught in Group G. Braga's only motivation is in finishing 1st.
- 1-2 Braga win in the head to head.
20:00 - Celtic v Lille - 2.15 Lille
- Celtic are out of contention. Lille only have a squabble for 1st with AC Milan as their motivator. 2-2 in the last head to head.
20:00 - Dinamo Zagreb v CSKA Moscow - 2.10 Dinamo Zagreb
- Dinamo Zagreb will finish top of Group K. CSKA cannot reach the top 2.
20:00 - Hoffenheim v Gent - 1.40 Hoffenheim
- Hoffenheim are going to finish top of Group L. Gent have no points so that is a motivator for them today.
20:00 - Leicester v AEK Athens - 1.36 Leicester
- Leicester are equal on 10 points with Braga and their only motivator here is that squabble with Braga for top spot. Not a must win by any stretch. AEK Athens have nothing to play for.
20:00 - Ludogorets v LASK Linz - 2.10 LASK Linz
- These 2 cannot improve upon their placings and will not be breaching the top 2.
20:00 - Maccabi Tel Aviv v Sivasspor - 2.10 Maccabi
- Maccabi Tel Aviv need a draw to finish 2nd bare minimum. Sivasspor must win (a bit like the Ajax v Atalanta scenario of yesterday).
- 1-2 Maccabi in the opening head to head was read card affected. Sivasspor opened the scoring in the 55th minute, were red carded 67th minute. A penalty followed and a 74th minute winner for Maccabi Tel Aviv so arguably the result does not tell the story and Sivasspor must be given a chance today.
- Sivasspor's only wins came v Qarabag.
- Maccabi Tel Aviv have 2 consecutive 1-1 draws and remember....a draw is all they need.
20:00 - Slovan Liberec v Red Star Belgrade - 2.37 Red Star
- Red Star Belgrade are through. Liberec cannot qualify.
20:00 - Sparta Prague v AC Milan - 1.57 AC Milan
- Milan can fight it out with Lille for top spot in Group H if they want. Sparta Prague cannot qualify.
20:00 - Tottenham v Royal Antwerp - 1.36 Tottenham
- Both sides are guaranteed to qualify. Antwerp need only a draw to finish top, Tottenham a win.
- Revenge might be on the Spurs menu after a defeat v Antwerp earlier.
20:00 - Villarreal v Qarabag - 1.20 Villareal
- Top v bottom. Neither side will be changing positions in Group I.
20:00 - Wolfsberger AC v Feyenoord - 2.30 Feyenoord
- This is another match where one side needs a draw only to finish 2nd (Wolfsberger), the other side needs the win (Feyenoord).
- 1-4 Wolfsberger in the head to head at Feyenoord.