BELARUSSIAN PREMIER LEAGUE
12:00 - Energetik v FC Minsk - 2.46 FC Minsk
- 12th v 10th from last season. A market which suggests this is one of the tougher-to-call matches.
- 3-3 draw and 1-6 win for Energetik last season - plenty of goals. Do they have the goals in them this time?
- Only 1 win at home for Energetik last season v the top 11.
- Only 1 away win for FC Minsk last season suggests, on the basis of last season, that we have one eye on the home side.
- 2nd v 1st this season after 2 matches.
- 3-1 win and 0-1 win for Energetik and 1-3 win and 3-2 win for FC Minsk.
- Both sides great start to the season -the reason behind 2.46 the favourite?
- Both sides have beaten a newly promoted side.
- Both teams scored in Minsk's 2 matches this season.
- Tough to call but last season's form points to Energetik. In-play stats please. And if you have www.drtinplaystats.com, which you can access for free, fire it up for this one.
- Certainly with the apparent reputation for goals for both sides, lay any 2nd half 0-0.
14:00 - FC Smolevichi v Vitebsk - 2.8 FC Smolevichi
- Newly promoted v 13th from last season.
- Only 4 away wins for Vitebsk last season. They did beat the bottom 2 away. But we are assuming, in noting this, that Smolevichi may be one of those newly promoted sides likely to struggle?
- Both soccerstats.com and www.flashscore.com have this match with Vitebsk as the home side. I am not sure if this is a Betfair mistake.
- Only 1 loss at home for Vitebsk last season v 9th and lower.
- If this is a home match for Vitebsk, they won their seasonal opener at home 1-0 but lost away 2-0.
- This may be Smolevichi's 3rd consecutive away match.1-1 and 1-0 loss so far. Keeping it tight but not scoring more than a single goal.
- We need clarification as to who is at home but, either way, I would still stick to my opposing of newly promoted sides (Smolevichi). Let the in-play stats confirm whether this is going to be a profitable avenue.
16:00 - Isloch v Slutsk - 1.85 Isloch
- 5th v 11th from last season.
- Isloch only lost 2 home matches last season 0-1 so should be feeling confident.
- One of those home defeats was v the Slutsk 0-1 which is interesting. 1-3 win for Isloch away v the Slutsk suggests they were caught short with the home defeat?
- The Slutsk sole win away last season v the top 10 was v Isloch. They only scored 2 goals once v the top 10 away and still lost that match.
- Onto this season, and it's 2 consecutive 1-0 home wins for Isloch. A 3rd consecutive home match is a worry-free start to the season for them. They are reliant on that defence though as you can see.
- The Slutsk also had 2 consecutive home matches this season, 3-1 win and 0-1 loss v last season's Champions Dinamo Brest. The Slutsk kept Dinamo Brest quiet in the first half.
- I personally would consider my insurance bet if the Slutsk scored first. Back Isloch +1 but lay over 1.5 goals so as to cover the 0-1 scoreline given a) what happened last season and b) Isloch's strong defensive displays so far suggesting it will be hard for a mid table side to score 2 goals against them.
Honourable mention for the Nicaraguan Premier Division. I will research the 23:00 match given it features an odds-on favourite.
23:00 - ART Municipal Jalapa v Chinandega FC - 1.53 ART
Jalapa - 4th
- All 4 defeats came away from home.
- 3 wins in 4 matches.
- Scored in each of their last 6 at home.
- 100% wins v 5th and lower at home.
- 1-0 loss to Chinandega earlier this season.
- Not conceded that 2nd goal at home this season.
Chinandega - 6th
- All 4 wins came at home.
- 4 losses and a draw last 5 away.
- Failed to score in 5 of their last 9 matches.
- Conceded in their last 6 away.
- 3/3 losses away v the top 4.
- If you are up and about, you might want to follow the market here, despite the Chinandega head to head win. Remember ART have scored in all 6 at home and have 100% win record at home v 5th and lower.