Some good calls yesterday @drtclub Twitter. More today I hope. 13:30 start. Sunday tends to be more sedatory as we are without the gamut of 15:00 kick-offs we see on a Saturday.
ENGLISH PREMIER LEAGUE
12:00 - Fulham v Arsenal - 1.7 Arsenal
- London derby so form may not be upheld.
- Fulham are inconsistent. Just one win v Burnley came at home. 2/2 defeats in London derbies so far.
- Fulham are yet to keep a clean sheet.
- 5 consecutive Arsenal wins, scoring 2+ goals. I must be with the Arsenal today. They are highly likely to win and score 2+ goals unless the London derby element kicks in, but to remind you, Fulham are 2/2 losses in London Derby.
14:15 - Southampton v Chelsea - 1.66 Chelsea
- New managers for both teams.
- Only 1 win for Southampton came away v Palace. 0-0, 1-2, 2-2 at home for Southampton.
- Chelsea were routine mid week in the Europa League with a changed side and a 1-0 win. 5 wins and 2 draws for Chelsea. Chelsea have kept 2 away clean sheets. 1.66 does look rather generous unlike Southampton's Sparky has something up his sleeve.
16:30 - Liverpool v Manchester City - 2.6 Liverpool
- I am not going to attempt to unravel this one. Liverpool have tended to lead halftime and fulltime this season. Their 1-1 v Chelsea suggests they may not win today but equally a draw is not discounted.
12:30 - Freiburg v Bayer Leverkusen - 2.24 Leverkusen
- 4-0 Leverkusen and 0-0 last 2 head to heads. Leverkusen came from behind mid week to win.
- Only 1 win at home for Freiburg. 2 wins came in their last 3 matches.
- Only 1 clean sheet.
- 2 wins in 3 for Leverkusen came within last 3 matches too.
- These 2 are hinting at a change in fortune. Identical form last 3 matches. In play stats for me.
14:30 - Hoffenheim v Frankfurt - 1.8 Hoffenheim
- 2 consecutive 1-1 draws in head to heads.
- Identical form for both sides this season. 3 defeats, 2 wins and a draw. Both teams have scored in all Hoff's matches.
- Both teams have scored in all bar 1 of Frankfurt's matches.
- 2-1/1-2 appeals to me if this both teams to score pattern can continue. The Hoff always tend to deliver!
- I would lay the 0-0 in the halftime score market if 0-0 still after the 30th minute.
17:00 - Leipzig v Nurnberg - 1.43 Leipzig
- Newly promoted Nurnberg.
- Leipzig have only lost to Dortmund. They have scored and conceded in all bar 1 match. A draw and 2 wins at home. That's 3 wins in 4 matches and a sign they may be clicking.
- Loss, Draw, Loss away for Nurnberg. 2 consecutive home wins though and it is at home where you feel their German Bundesliga survival will be found.
ITALIAN SERIA A
11:30 - Genoa v Parma - 1.83 Genoa
- Only 1 draw in all matches these 2 have played this season came from Parma, 2-2 first match.
- No draw Genoa. 3 wins at home 1-0-0 conceded. They have scored in every match.
- 2-5-0-2-1-3 goals total before halftime Genoa matches. 3 wins to nil in 4 for Parma. 1-0, 0-1, 3-0 away.
- Parma are that unknown quantity playing a new Seria A side for the first time. Will they shock, as they did in beating Inter Milan? Or will they lose to nil as they have done twice away from home?
- I find the Genoa goals before halftime compelling, but then Parma we know failed to score in 2 away so reliance will be on Genoa only pulling for us for a goal before halftime. I would lay the 0-0 halftime score market 30th minute if still 0-0.
14:00 - AC Milan v Chievo - 1.3 AC Milan
- 1-4 and 3-2 Milan last 2 matches. Competitive matches.
- No win yet for Chievo is likely to continue. They have failed to score in 4 of their last 5 matches.
- Both teams have scored in all Milan matches and they only lose v Napoli.
- Both teams tend to score in head to heads with Milan winning. Expect this today and react accordingly to anything else. 6 consecutive 1-0 scorelines at halftime for AC Milan.
14:00 - Atalanta v Sampdoria - 1.67 Atalanta
- 3-1 and 1-2 Sampdoria in the last 2 head to heads.
- Only 1 win for Atalanta came v Frosinone.
- Atalanta failed to score in 4 of their last 5 matches.
- 1-0, 0-5, 0-0 for Sampdoria away from home. 2 consecutive clean sheets could see Sampdoria dominate today. How on earth Atalanta are strong favourites is beyond me. Let the in-play stats confirm. But Atalanta are layable for me personally if scoring first.
14:00 - Lazio v Fiorentina - 1.87 Lazio
- 1-1 and 3-4 Lazio last 2 head to heads.
- No draw Lazio. 4 wins ended in the Rome derby last match. Good form. The Rome derby simply goes to the best team on the day and is not really form related.
- Lazio only failed to score v Juventus.
- 1-0 loss Napoli, 1-1, 2-1 loss Inter Milan for Fiorentina. For me, Lazio are not quite on the level Napoli and Inter are. At home, Fiorentina are 4 from 4.
- Note all 0-0's at halftime in these 2 teams' matches has NOT seen a 0-0 at full-time.
17:00 - Napoli v Sassuolo - 1.34 Napoli
- Both teams score when these 2 meet. In the last 5 matches, best case for Sassuolo is a score draw.
- 3 consecutive home wins Napoli. 5 wins in 7 matches. losses away v Sampdoria and Juventus.
- All over 2.5 goals bar one.
- Sassuolo have been excellent. Losses came v Juventus and AC Milan. They have scored in all matches.
- In losing to Juventus and AC Milan, I think Sassuolo will be very competitive but not quite manage it. That is how I will enter the match.
19:30 - Spal v Inter - 1.67 Inter
- 2-0 and 1-1 Inter in the last 2 head to heads.
- 4 losses in their last 5 matches for Spal. Spal failed to score in 3 of those losses.
- 1-0, 2-0, 0-2 at home for Spal. Their wins came v strugglers.
- 4 wins in 5 sees Inter in fine form. Loss, Win, Win away.
- It would surprise were Inter not too get a result here today.
- 3 0-0's for Inter Milan at halftime but none at fulltime so please note that.
SPANISH LA LIGA
11:00 - Valladolid v Huesca - 1.96 Valladolid
- Newly promoted so you know the drill. An element of the unknown.
- Valladolid lost their opening 2 matches v Barcelona and Alaves (who beat Real Madrid yesterday!)
- A win last home match. 2 consecutive wins.
- Huesca began with a win but no win since. 2-2, 8-2, 3-0 away. The last 2 matches were v Barcelona and Atl Madrid.
- Huesca have failed to score in 3 of their last 4 matches.
- Not sure about this one as Huesca will certainly find Valladolid easier opponents. Valladolid are hitting form and will, themselves, think that they have a chance. In-play stats here to see how the newly promoted side shapes up.
15:15 - Atletico Madrid v Betis - 1.7 Atl Madrid
- 0-1 Madrid and 0-0 last 2 head to heads.
- Only 1 loss both sides sees a good season start.
- 3 consecutive clean sheets Madrid and that famous defence seems to be clicking now.
- 5 clean sheets in 6 for Betis will see a very defensively driven match today. Back 0-0 pre match?
- In matches like this it does tend to be 0-0 halftime and Atl Madrid do tend to wangle a goal at some point, usually after 60 minutes.
- We shall see. I do expect a very tough defensively driven match.
17:30 - Sevilla v Celta Vigo - 1.52 Sevilla
- The home side tends to come out on top historically.
- 3 losses ended with 3 consecutive wins now for Sevilla, fighting on 2 fronts as they are in the Europa League.
- 6-3-3 goals scored in their last 3 matches is quite superb and backs up 4 goals scored in their opener.
- Sevilla, therefore, could let loose.
- Celta have been in good form, with only one loss, 3-2 away to Girona.3 consecutive score draws may give us a trading angle. If Celta score first, it is highly likely that they will not hold on to that lead.
- This could be an over 3.5 goals match today. There is a solid argument for laying the 0-0 in the halftime score market.
17:30 - Espanyol v Villarreal - 2.42 Espanyol
- An unappealing betting market.
- 0-0 and 1-1 last 2 head to heads.
- 3/3 at home for Espanyol, without conceding a goal. 2 losses naturally came away.
- 3 0-0's at halftime for Espanyol so do not expect a fulltime 0-0 if 0-0 at halftime.
- Espanyol failed to score only once v Real Madrid.
- 3 clean sheets in 4 matches sees Villareal's defence starting to click.
- 2 consecutive away wins ....to nil. Villareal have not conceded away.
- 2 sides not conceding goals at home (Esp) and away (Vill) surely brings 0-0 into play? Back 0-0 pre match to cash out as late as you dare?
19:45 - Valencia v Barcelona - 1.71 Barcelona
- Real Madrid, Bayern Munich all doing a great impression of relegation threatened sides. 2 losses and a draw both of these big teams.
- I mention it as Barcelona had the colley-wobbles recently Draw, Loss, Draw. But then there was that master class in London V Tottenham and a certain Messi who done tremendous (he's one to watch out for the future!)
- 5 wins in 6 head to heads for Barcelona and the matches do have a competitive edge.
- Only 1 loss but only 1 win for Valencia = drawitis. 1-1, 0-0, 1-1 at home. Valencia have scored 2 goals only once and that will leave them very vulnerable if the Barcelona of London mid week turn up today.
- An unprecedented 3 matches for Barca without a win saw both teams score. This rot must end. But then I said this about Real Madrid (failed to score in 3 matches) and Bayern Munich (a draw and 2 consecutive defeats to nil). What is the cause of this sudden drop in performance amongst the elite? Is it the schedule (International Break and Champions League?)
- This has engendered some managerial squad tinkering which is one factor behind poor performance. With the Champions League done for the time being, I expect the Barcelona first team today and an improved performance. They did show in their 1-1 that they are reliable if behind, and will fight for that goal late on.