Live chat webinar 13:30 for the Dutch Eredivisie. See you there. Details below. Review/Preview video at DRT Facebook.
Clive Keeling is inviting you to a scheduled Zoom meeting.
Topic: DRT live chat webinar for 16th May 2021
Time: May 16, 2021 01:30 PM London
Join Zoom Meeting
Meeting ID: 847 9299 6680
English Premier League
12:00 - Crystal Palace v Aston Villa - 2.30 Aston Villa
- 13th v 11th.
- 3 matches remaining.
- No real motivation for these 2.
14:05 - Tottenham v Wolves - 1.50 Tottenham
- 7th v 12th.
- 3 matches remain.
- Tottenham are a point shy of 6th, 2 points shy of 5th and 8 points shy of 4th. Motivation for a European Club competition place.
- There is little to motivate Wolves bar a top 10 place.
- New manager for Tottenham so only look at recent matches.
- 2 consecutive home wins for Tottenham v Southampton and Sheffield United. 5 wins and a loss at home for Tottenham.
- Wolves have only 1 loss in 5 matches. Recent wins v Fulham, Sheffield United and Brighton.
- Angles? Must win for Tottenham but hard to read as the new Spurs interim manager has brought in players left out by Mourinho.
- Wolves have yet to beat the top 6 away. Tottenham season long were unbeaten v 10th and lower at home.
16:30 - West Brom v Liverpool - 1.25 Liverpool
- West Brom are relegated.
- 19th v 5th. The first hurdle for Liverpool in their quest for top 4 came with the win v Man Utd. This looks an easier assignment v a West Brom already relegated.
19:00 - Everton v Sheffield Utd - 1.44 Everton
- 8th v 20th. 5th/6th is possible for Everton who must win their remaining 2 matches and hope that other results go their way.
- 3 clean sheets in 4 matches for Everton, 2 1-0 wins so just scraping by and reliant on their defending.
- Those wins came away. At home they are scoring and conceding last 4 matches without a win.
- Sheffield United are likely to max out at a single goal so that is a reasonable angle to work with here if they score first.
Spanish La Liga Primera
17:30 - Alaves v Granada - 1.91 Alaves
- 2 matches remain for Alaves, 3 matches remain for Granada.
- 15th v 10th.
- Alaves are 4 points above the relegation zone.
- Only 1 loss in 7 matches.
- Win, Win, Draw at home for Alaves. Points just when they need them.
- 7 0-0's at halftime at home, 2 at fulltime.
- Only 2 home losses at home v 9th and lower.
- 3 losses in 4 matches.
- Win, Loss, Win, Loss away.
- Both teams scored last 10 away.
- 10 consecutive over 2.5 goals matches away.
- Only 1 away win v the top 14.
- Alaves recent form is great and they are making real strides in avoiding relegation. They play a Granada with 3 losses in 4. Little motivation for Granada. Both teams to score a strong pattern for Granada. Slightly favour Alaves based on their need.
17:30 - Athletic Bilbao v Real Madrid - 1.70 Real Madrid
- 9th v 2nd.
- 2 matches remaining.
- Nothing much for Athletic Bilbao to play for.
- Only 2 wins in 11 matches for Athletic Bilbao Draw, Draw, Win, Draw Draw at home recently.
- Bilbao have scored 2 goals at home last 3 matches.
- 3-1 loss v Real Madrid earlier this season.
- Athletic Bilbao at home have scored 2 goals v the top 4.
- Only 1 loss for Real Madrid.
- No defeat in 9 at home plays no defeat in 13 away matches.
- Angles? Well, Huesca got the win v Athletic Bilbao and I'd venture that Real Madrid are a level or two above, I think Real can get the win they need.
17:30 - Atletico Madrid v Osasuna - 1.28 Atletico Madrid
- 1st v 11th.
- 2 matches remain. Atl Madrid must maintain their slim advantage points wise.
- Osasuna's season is over.
- 2 losses for Atl Madrid since 28th February came away from home. 5 consecutive home wins augurs well.
- Loss, Loss, Draw away for Osasuna so losing form at just the right time for Atl Madrid.
- 9 0-0's at halftime away, 2 at fulltime away.
- Osasuna have 3/3 losses away v the top 4.
- Angles? I must be with Atletico Madrid based on motivation and with Osasuna's poor record away v the top 4.
17:30 - Barcelona v Celta Vigo - 1.22 Barcelona
- 2nd v 8th.
- Must win from hereon in for Barcelona.
- Top 6 is possible for Celta Vigo.
- Loss, Win, Draw, Draw recently could end their title hopes.
- Loss, Draw at home last 2 matches.
- 5 0-0's at halftime at home, only 1 at fulltime.
- All wins at home v 5th-9th home and away.
- 0-3 win last head to head.
- 4 consecutive wins.
- 2+ goals scored in 3/4 wins.
- Win, Win, Draw, Loss, Win away.
- Not beaten a top 6 side home or away. 9 losses and a draw.
- 16/23 goals scored away came 1st half.
- Must win for both sides and Barcelona should be feeling confident. Celta Vigo have not beaten a top 6 side and tend to lose.
17:30 - Cadiz v Elche - 2.60 Elche
- 12th v 19th Cadiz will play La Liga football next season.
- Elche must win.
- Only 1 win for Elche since 13th March and 3 consecutive defeats failing to score. This is must win v a Celta with 2 wins in their last 3 matches
- No win in 16 away for Elche. Elche have conceded last 13 away.
- Cadiz have only 1 loss home and away v teams below them in the league. 1-1 draw last head to head.
- It looks bad for Elche. All losses bar a draw away v the top 11.
17:30 - Getafe v Levante - 1.70 Getafe
- 16th v 13th with 2 matches remaining.
- Getafe are only 3 points above the relegation zone.
- Levante are safe from harm.
- Both sides are in really poor form. 4 losses in 5 for Getafe, 3 consecutive 1-0 defeats plays 4 defeats and 2 score draws last 6 matches for Levante.
- 0-1-0-0-0 goals scored at home for Getafe is tough to trust form. 50% 0-0 at halftime at home for Getafe.
- Angles? Play this by ear. 2 very poor sides but needs must for Getafe. The market, though, has got it wrong lately putting up the side who need points as favourite despite their woeful recent form.
- You might want to back 0-0 pre match.
17:30 - Real Betis v Huesca - 1.85 Real Betis
- 6th v 17th.
- 5th/6th is best case scenario for Real Betis and I suppose it is a motivating factor.
- Huesca are 2 points above the relegation zone.
- 2 superb results for Huesca came at home, 1-0 wins, latterly v a very solid Athletic Bilbao. The in-play stats were emphatic about Huesca so look out for that today.
- Real Betis are tough to beat but with 7 draws and a win in 8 matches, have trouble converting to wins.
- Angles? Well, both sides need the win. I would caution you to look for Huesca performing as solidly as they did v Bilbao. That was one-way traffic. Season long form though sees Huesca unable to beat any top 12 side away.
17:30 - Real Sociedad v Valladolid - 1.67 Real Sociedad
- 5th v 18th.
- 5th is the highest position Sociedad can get and like Betis is a motivating factor for European football.
- Must win for 3rd bottom Valladolid.
- Valladolid have not had a win since 6th March 2021. Valencia and Villareal showed that Valladolid have a long way to go to beat a top side. They are playing 5th today. Draw, Draw, Draw, Loss, Draw, Draw, Loss away for Valladolid. Those precious 3 points are alluding them.
- Sociedad have plenty to play for. 5th place is not assured yet.
- Sociedad look solid at home, recent losses only coming v Barcelona and Sevilla.
- Sociedad have scored in their last 10 home matches so do expect a goal from them today.
- On seasonal form, Sociedad have 4 wins and a 1-1 at home v 15th and lower.
- This could be another struggle for Valladolid today. They did keep Villareal quiet until the 2nd half and that may be the case today until the inevitable Sociedad goal.
17:30 - Valencia v Eibar - 2.50 Valencia
- 14th v 20th. Eibar are not relegated but will be with a loss.
- Valencia are safe from harm and have little to play for.
- Eibar must win, it is as simple as that, and the market has given them a chance here with a 2.5 the favourite quote.
- Only 1 loss in 10 matches at home for Valencia came v Barcelona and they still scored 2 goals. The market suggests Valencia may be switched off now that survival is assured. But the home form is good.
- 2 wins and a draw for Eibar last 3 matches really catches the eye. That 1-1 v Real Betis latest a really good result as they were 0-1 down. That single point still has Eibar believing.
- On Challenge Table form, Valencia are unbeaten at home v 7th and lower. 0-0 last head to head.
17:30 - Villarreal v Sevilla - 2.50 Sevilla
- 7th v 4th.
- Unfinished business for both. Villareal are aiming for that 5th and 6th spot.
- 2nd is the best that Sevilla can aim for. They are guaranteed a top 4 place and Champions League football so it's not necessarily must win anymore for Sevilla.
- Sevilla have the better more consistent form. Villareal have arguably the greater motivation as they need European Club competition.
17:00 - Mainz v Dortmund - 1.44 Dortmund
- 12th v 4th.
- Dortmund are not guaranteed a top 4 place yet.
- Mainz are not mathematically safe from relegation just yet but realistically are.
- Dortmund must take advantage of Frankfurt's careless loss yesterday. Frankfurt are the closest rivals to a top 4 place for Dortmund.
- You should know by now that this Mainz side have been in season-saving form. 2 consecutive 1-1 draws though but unbeaten in 9. Highlights included a win v Bayern Munich when Bayern still needed to win.
- 5 consecutive wins for Dortmund, scoring 2+ goals. Do please remember that Dortmund second half scoring record.
- Angles? Watch out for a performance from Mainz today although I think they have done the job. Lay them if they score first based on those 2 recent 1-1 results. Dortmund must make Frankfurt pay by winning today.
19:30 - Leipzig v Wolfsburg - 2.15 Leipzig
- 2nd v 3rd.
- Leipzig cannot be ousted from the Champions League. Top 4 but the Wolf could if they lose and Frankfurt win.
- Well, Frankfurt lost. Wolfsburg have one foot in the top 4 with a game in hand over Frankfurt today.
- I don't like trying to read a top 3 clash so will let the in-play stats unravel this match.
Italian Serie A
11:30 - Fiorentina v Napoli - 1.53 Napoli
- 13th v 5th.
- 2 matches remain.
- Fiorentina will be playing Seria A football next season. With a superb win v Inter Milan, Juventus find themselves in 3rd place on 75 points, having played a game more than Napoli, on 73 points.
- A win for Napoli will see them 3rd. It is a fascinating tussle for the Champions League 2nd, 3rd and 4th spot that will go down to the wire.
- 5 wins and 2 draws for Napoli recently. 5 wins and a loss in 6 away matches for Napoli.
- Win, Draw, Draw, Win, Draw for Fiorentina has saved their season. Likely we will see a subtle change mentally now that 'the job is done'.
- Napoli have 2+ goals in them away of late and have 8 wins and a loss away v 11th and lower.
- I am with Napoli here. 9 goals in their last 2 matches.
14:00 - Benevento v Crotone - 1.50 Benevento
- 18th v 19th.
- 2 matches remain.
- Benevento are in the last remaining relegation spot which has not been finalised. Crotone are down.
- Benevento will still be bottom 3 with a win today but importantly will allow them to wriggle out in the final match of the season.
- No research therefore, just context. A must must must must win for Benevento. Get the idea?
14:00 - Udinese v Sampdoria - 2.50 Udinese
- 12th v 9th.
- 2 matches remain.
- This is a dead rubber. Nothing can be gained by either side with wins in their remaining 2 matches.
17:00 - Parma v Sassuolo - 1.53 Sassuolo
- 20th v 8th.
- 2 matches remain.
- Parma are relegated. Sassuolo cannot breach the top 6.
19:45 - AC Milan v Cagliari - 1.44 AC Milan
- 4th v 16th.
- 2 matches remain.
- Must win yet again for AC Milan in this exciting battle for a top 4 place. Cagliari are 5 points clear of the relegation zone with 6 possible points remaining. A win seals Seria A football for them.
- 4 wins and 2 draws for Cagliari sees them fighting for their life.
- 3 consecutive wins to nil for Milan scoring 12 goals.
- 8 wins and a draw for Milan v 16th and lower will have them confident.
- Cagliari are yet to beat a top 6 side home or away.