Please note that I am travelling 15:00 onwards for 17 hours so may not have time to do Sunday's research. The Spanish La Liga and Portuguese Primeira Liga are the leagues playing on Sunday. If I arrive early enough I will try to complete research before the 11am first kick off. If I cannot do research because of time constraints, I hope you'll understand.
The Coupe de France and English FA Cup dominates today. Not that researchable, suffice to say that inplay stats will be the focus throughout. I shared with you a link to a recent live chat where my focus was on freely available inplay stats feeds. Focus on the Premier League sides today. They have been excellent in the F.A.Cup and League Cup against lower league opponents.
The Spanish La Liga I will research.
SPANISH PRIMEIRA LIGA
12:00 - Real Valladolid v Rayo Vallecano - 2.04 Valladolid
Real Valladolid (12th)
- Only 1 win in 8 matches. 2 draws and 2 defeats last 4 at home.
- All defeats bar 1 came v the top 5 this season. 2-4 defeat to Leganes saw Real score 2 goals!
- 1-0 wins v bottom 3 so tight but winning.
- 7 of 8 goals scored at home came 2nd half.
- Opponents do tend to score first at home so that may be an angle.
Rayo Vallecano (19)
- Only 3 wins all season. 2 did come in recent home matches.
- Failed to score in 4 of their last 5 away matches.
- Only 2 clean sheets.
- All defeats bar 1 came v the top 9 teams.
- Gap in form v 10th-14th inclusive away.
- Leganes blip aside, it took a top 5 side to beat Valladolid. They are 2/2 v the bottom 3, albeit 1-0 only. Do note they tend to score 2nd half so if 0-0 at halftime, what chance a 1-0 fulltime?
- Rayo have lost all away v top 9. Will that extend to 12th? Only 2 clean sheets suggests that they will concede at some point.
15:15 - Deportivo Alaves v Valencia - 2.42 Valencia
- Only 2 wins in 7 matches for Alaves. They do remain unbeaten at home though. 2 consecutive draws and a 0-0 last home match.
- 4 0-0's at halftime for both sides is about 50% of matches.
- Alaves have not conceded a second goal at home this season.
- 7 of 9 goals scored at home for Alaves came 2nd half.
- Only 3 defeats for Valencia this season, 2 did come away. 10 draws sees them not losing but not being adequately rewarded. Those draws returned - 2 1-1 draws in the last 3 matches.
- Only 3 over 2.5 goals matches for Valencia this season.
- 2 away defeats for Valencia came v 4th and 8th. They play 5th today.
- Valencia have scored 2 goals only once away.
- I would back 0-0 pre match here. Look at the under 2.5 goals record for Valencia.
- I would lay Valencia if Valencia scored first given Alaves tend to keep it to one goal conceded at home and Valencia have scored 2 goals only once.
- You may want to lay any late score draw given Valencia must be sick of the score draw this season.
19:45 - Huesca v Real Betis - 2.18 Real Betis
- Huesca are bottom of the league and have not kept a clean sheet. A good angle already.
- Their sole win came first match of the season.
- 3 draws in 4 at home for Huesca. Is this a sign, like Celta Vigo, that Huesca are nearing another win? With 4 wins in 6 matches, it is going to be tough for them to break this Betis momentum.
- 2 wins in 3 away for Betis, scoring 3/4 goals.
- 6 0-0's at halftime away for Betis so please note that if 0-0 at halftime. I would expect 2+ goals 2nd half.
- 2-2 at home v 18th, 2-0 at home v 19th. Can Betis score 2 goals v 20th?
- I expect Betis not to lose today. If Huesca even score 2 goals, I'd lay them. Betis have the momentum....or rather had the momentum. Last match 22nd December.