Great to see the English Championship, League One, League Two, SPL, French Ligue 2, German Bundesliga 2, Austrian Bundesliga, Belgian Juliper League, Danish Super Liga, Polish Ekstraklaasa, Swiss Super League, Croatian HNL 1 League, Czech First League, Romanian 1 Lig. I won't be researching these matches or listing them. That is a waste of time. There is nothing I can offer pre-match. Match times are available at www.soccer24.com. I will research the 'established' leagues. In today's review/preview video we unpack the Sheffield Wednesday v Southampton match. Lots to learn. Saints retain an almost Premier League XI (couldn't be sure pre-match) and did you notice the extended extra times. Something to factor in this season with any late plays. On the 90th-minute mark, there may still be value. Up to 9 minutes extra time 2nd half was ridiculous. Is this an English thing or Europe-wide? It is vital we acknowledge this. And the yellow card count. Dished out like sweets yesterday. As to the teams, this is why I tell you to note newly relegated and newly promoted (thanks Paul Dunwoodie for the spot). See you throughout the day. Live chat webinar next week probably via out new Mighty Networks site (more on that next week).
13:00 - HJK Helsinki v Mariehamn - 1.30 HJK Helsinki
HJK Helsinki - 3rd
- 2 consecutive wins.
- Scored 2 goals for the first time in 5 matches last match.
- 4 0-0's at halftime at home, 1 at fulltime.
- 0-0 last head-to-head.
Mariehamn - 11th
- Win, Draw, Win away.
- 3 consecutive away clean sheets.
- 4 goals scored away last 15 mins.
- A welcome 2 goals from HJK last match, if replicated, will do the job today but Mariehamn have 3 consecutive away clean sheets so maybe that one goal bad habit for HJK may re-emerge. That makes 1.3 a tad skinny but they are playing 2nd bottom.
- HJK do score 2nd half goals if 0-0 at halftime.
17:00 - Stromsgodset v Valerenga - 2.10 Stroms
Stroms - 10th
- 3 consecutive defeats were 1-0.
- No draw in 8 and in 7 at home.
- 1-0 wins v 14th and 16th at home.
- 0-1 win last head-to-head.
Valerenga - 15th
- 7 losses and a draw last 8 matches.
- 2 away wins v 9th and 16th.
- 6/8 goals scored away 2nd half.
- 1-0 seems to turn up a lot with Stroms. If they concede first, insurance play is the way to go as 1-0 appears in wins as well as defeats. 1-0 wins v 14th and 16th at home interesting in playing 15th today. 1-0 though is a very tough scoreline to continue winning with.
14:00 - Brommapojkarna v Varnamo - 2.10 Bromma
Bromma - 10th
- 5 losses and a win last 6 matches.
- 3 consecutive home losses ended in a win.
- No draw in 10 and in 5 at home.
- Scored first in 6/8 at home.
- Notable 4 wins/4 v 7th-11th but can lose to lower sides such as 12th, 13th, 14th.
- 6 goals conceded at home last 1/2 hour.
Varnamo - 11th
- Scored last 6 and last 3 away.
- Not played 9th-12th away.
- These 2 hardly set the heartbeat racing. Bromma do tend to score first at home and have an excellent win record v 7th-11th, notably 3 away wins so, with home advantage...?
- Gap in form Varnamo.
- Lay any late draw as Bromma continue to avoid the draw.
14:00 - Jerv v Moss - 2.10 Jerv
Jerv - 8th
- 3 consecutive home wins.
- Scored last 7 and last 8 at home.
- Losses at home v 9th and 10th.
- 12/15 goals scored at home 2nd half.
Moss - 7th
- 2 consecutive wins.
- Scored and conceded last 7 away.
- Not beaten top 9 away.
- A massive 7 goals conceded last 15 mins away.
- Favour Jerv on Challenge Table form. Moss very late conceders so watch if a draw or Moss lead 75th minute.
- Strong 2nd half scoring Jerv - remember that 2nd half if goals are required.
14:00 - Kristiansund v Start - 1.70 Kristiansund
Kristiansund - 4th
- 2 consecutive home wins.
- No defeat 7 home.
- Scored 2+ goals last 7 home.
- 4-0 loss last head-to-head.
- 14/20 goals scored at home came 2nd half.
Start - 6th
- A draw and 3 consecutive away defeats.
- Scored and conceded last 7 away - scored last 14.
- 14 consecutive over 2.5 goals.
- 12/14 goals conceded away 2nd half.
- Both teams to score and over 2.5 goals strong contenders today. Kristiansund humbled in head to head but if scoring 2+ goals as they do at home should be far more competitive today.
- Strong 2nd half goals patterns both teams - again remember at beginning of 2nd half.
14:00 - Mjondalen v Hodd - 1.91 Mjondalen
- No strong research here given Mjondalen are one of those unreadables. They play 14th today and have a win and 0-0 v 12th and lower at home.
- 1-2 win v Hodd as well - good argument for them but which Mjondalen turns up? Clump of away losses for Hodd v 3rd-8th.
12:00 - Eskilstuna v Oster - 1.73 Oster
Eskilstuna - 9th
- 3 draws, 3 losses, 3 wins recently.
- 2+ goals scored last 2 at home.
- 3-0 loss last head-to-head.
- 2 home defeats were 0-1 v 12th and 13th.
- Not conceded a 2nd goal at home.
- 3 consecutive wins.
- Scored and conceded last 7 away.
- 2+ goals scored last 3 matches.
- 2 away defeats v 2nd and 11th.
- Both teams to score a strong Oster trend. Both sides lose infrequently at home (Esk) and away (Oster) but for me if Eski continue NOT to concede that 2nd goal, they are clearly advantaged here and Oster can be insurance played if leading.
14:00 - Gefle v Brage - 2.25 Brage
Gefle - 11th
- Win, Win, Draw at home latest.
- Scored last 5 at home.
- 2+ goals scored last 3 at home.
- 1-1 last head-to-head.
- 10/14 goals scored at home came 2nd half.
Brage - 7th
- 2 losses and a draw recently.
- 4 losses and a draw away recently.
- Scored and conceded last 5 matches.
- Conceded last 10.
- All away defeats came v the top 10.
- Brage lost all matches v top 10 away - will that continue v 11th? They tend to concede so note that.
- Gefle tend to score mostly 2nd half at home and come into this with winning momentum and 2 goal momentum.
14:00 - Jonkopings Sodra v Utsikten - 2.45 Jonkopings
- Utsiktens top of the league so I will acknowledge that but this is a lowly league and 2.45 the favourite suggests caution.
14:00 - Landskrona v Ostersund - 2.10 Landskrona
Landskrona - 8th
- Only 2 wins since 28th May.
- Scored and conceded last 5 at home.
- Scored last 9 and last 8 at home.
- Not beaten a top 9 side.
- Lost 1-4 last head-to-head.
Ostersunds - 6th
- Win, Draw, Draw recently.
- Conceded last 11 and last 5 away.
- Wins away v 3rd and 12th.
- 6/7 goals conceded away 2nd half.
- Strange market. Landskrona favourite, losing 1-4 in head-to-head, playing 6th and yet to beat a top 9 side. Welcome to the Swedish Chef's mad league.
- Lay any 2nd half 0-0.