I will see you at 15:00 for a live chat webinar. I will do a DRT review/preview video at DRT Facebook.
ENGLISH PREMIER LEAGUE
12:30 - Norwich v Brighton - 2.3 Brighton
- A relegation six pointer and no research will be worth doing. This is about who performs on the day.
15:00 - Leicester v Crystal Palace - 1.6 Leicester
Leicester - 3rd
- 2 draws and a loss for Leicester post lockdown. Poor stuff.
- 2 consecutive home clean sheets.
- Only 3 losses at home v 1st, 2nd and 14th.
- 0-2 win v Palace earlier.
- 21 of 30 goals scored at home came 2nd half.
Palace - 12th
- 4 wins to nil ended with losses v Liverpool and Burnley.
- 2 wins to nil away recently came v relegation threatened sides.
- Not beaten a top 4 side home or away. 2+ goals conceded in all of those matches.
- Palace have a very poor record v the top 4, conceding 2 goals consistently. Do you trust Leicester? No win in 3 matches post-lockdown.
- Leicester do score a high % of goals at home 2nd half.
15:00 - Man Utd v Bournemouth - 1.18 Man Utd
- United are bang in there for a top 4 berth and must take advantage of Chelsea's loss v West Ham mid-week.
- Must-win territory (again) for Bournemouth.
Man Utd - 5th
- 5 wins and 2 draws last 7 matches.
- 3 consecutive home wins.
- 3 clean sheets in 4 matches.
- 4 consecutive home clean sheets.
- Unbeaten at home v 13th and lower. 1-0 loss v Bournemouth earlier.
Bournemouth - 19th
- 6 losses and a draw last 7 matches.
- In 6 of those matches, Bournemouth conceded 2 goals at least.
- 7 consecutive away defeats.
- conceded last 15 matches.
- All defeats bar 1 away v the top 13.
- On seasonal form, you're with Man Utd here, unbeaten at home v 13th and lower. 3 clean sheets recently too.
- 7 consecutive away defeats for Bournemouth. They must win. I cannot see a surprise but this is the time of the season for surprises. Ask Chelsea (3-2 loss v West Ham).
17:30 - Wolves v Arsenal - 2.2 Wolves
- 6th v 7th. Arsenal are 6 points adrift of Wolves and other top 4 candidates. This match is therefore a win for Arsenal.
- A win for Wolves could see them top 4 pending other results.
- 5 wins in 6 for Wolves.
- 7 clean sheets in 8 for Wolves.
- Notably Wolves have only 1 win at home v the top 15. 1-1 last time these 2 met.
- 16 of 22 goals scored by Wolves at home came 2nd half.
- Arsenal are famously poor away, no win v the top 12.
- 12/17 goals scored away by Arsenal came 2nd half.
- Angles? Both sides have a poor record v the top 10 sides. Wolves are in the best recent form and are keeping clean sheets consistently. Will that blunt Arsenal?
- Do watch out for 2nd half goals for both sides if a barren first half.
20:00 - Chelsea v Watford - 1.42 Chelsea
Chelsea - 4th
- 3 consecutive home wins.
- 3-2 loss v West Ham latest.
- 2+ goals scored last 6.
- 1-2 win v Watford earlier.
- 3 losses v 14th and lower at home saw Chelsea fail to score.
- 11 of 16 goals conceded at home came 2nd half.
Watford - 17th
- Only 1 win in 10 was....v Liverpool.
- 4 losses in 5 away.
- Conceded last 5 away.
- Not beaten top 18 away.
- Both sides need points. Chelsea to consolidate top 4. Watford to put 4 points between them and relegation.
- I cannot see Chelsea cocking up in consecutive matches. Their 2 goals a game recently should put the Hornets to bed.
SPANISH LA LIGA
16:00 - Celta Vigo v Betis - 2.35 Celta
Celta Vigo - 17th
- Only 2 losses in 11 matches. 4th bottom and points required.
- 6-2 goals scored last 2 home matches.
- 8 0-0's at halftime at home, and only 2 at fulltime.
- Unbeaten at home v 11th and lower. 2-1 loss v Betis earlier.
Betis - 13th
- 3 losses in 4 matches.
- 4 consecutive away defeats.
- No win in 9 away.
- 7 0-0's at halftime away.
- Unbeaten home and away v 15th and lower.
- As is typical of the odds, we can make as equal an argument for both sides, unbeaten v bottom 3rd sides. I do remember Celta Vigo's 6 recent clean sheets and scoring 8 goals in 2 matches. Watch out if they click.
18:30 - Valladolid v Alaves - 2.55 Valladolid
21:00 - Granada v Valencia - 2.45 Valencia
ITALIAN SERIA A
16:15 - Juventus v Torino - 1.27 Juventus
- Turin derby and I think just a look at head to heads will provide the angles today.
- 0-1 Juve, 0-1 Juve, 1-1 draw home Juve, 0-1 Juve in head to heads.
- I don't focus too much on derbies as Torino could lift their game. We expect the home win but expect the unexpected too.
18:30 - Sassuolo v Lecce - 1.5 Sassuolo
Sassuolo - 12th
- 3-3, 3-3, 1-3 win recently.
- 2-2 last head to head.
- 3-0 win, 3-0 win v bottom 2 at home.
Lecce - 18th
- 5 losses conceding 4-7-4-4-2 goals.
- 2 consecutive 4-0 away defeats.
- Have beaten 13th and 14th away.
- Looks like Lecce will be far too generous to a Sassuolo averaging 3 goals a game recently.
- Lay the 0-0 in the halftime score market in expectation for goals.
20:45 - Lazio v AC Milan - 2.45 Lazio
- Lazio could still win the title. AC Milan need points to get into the top 6.
- Only 1 loss since end of September for Lazio.
- No defeat 15 at home.
- 2+ goals scored in last 6 matches for Lazio.
- 1-2 win v AC Milan last time these 2 met.
- AC Milan have win, win, draw post lockdown, scoring 4-2-2 goals.
- All defeats though for AC Milan away v top 5 and v top 4 home and away.
- Angles? Seasonal form as you with Lazio but the market cannot discount either side - 2.45 the fav.
PORTUGUESE PRIMEIRA LIGA
19:15 - Portimonense v Guimaraes - 2.15 Guimaraes
Portimonense - 17th
- Unbeaten in 5 matches. 2 consecutive wins.
- Draw, Draw, Win, Draw, Win at home.
- Only wins home and away v the top 10 came v one team - Famalicao. 2-0 loss v Guimaraes earlier.
Guimaraes - 7th
- Only 1 win in 5 came last match.
- Win, Win, Win, Draw, Loss away recently.
- Scored last 10 and last 5 away.
- Unbeaten home and away v 10th and lower.
- On seasonal form, Portimonense have only beaten 1 top 10 side home and away. Guimaraes are unbeaten home and away v 17th and lower.
- BUT remember we are at the business end of the season and Portimonense are putting together a solid run, unbeaten in 5, and unbeaten in 5 at home. So watch for them this evening. On seasonal form, though, Guimaraes should not lose.
21:15 - Benfica v Boavista - 1.28 Benfica
Benfica - 2nd
- Only 2 wins in 12 matches sees Benfica totally unreliable and trying very hard to lose the title.
- Loss, Draw, Draw, Loss at home recently.
- 2-1-4-2 goals conceded last 4 matches.
- 1-1 v 8th and 3-4 loss v 10th and play 9th today.
- 20 of 31 goals scored at home came 2nd half.
Boavista - 9th
- 3 wins in 4 matches, 2 were 1-0 and one v Braga.
- 0-0-1-1-0-1-1-0 goals scored away recently. 3 of those were 0-1 wins.
- 3/3 defeats v the top 2 this season.
- Benfica are managed by Arthur Daley i.e. we cannot trust them. Boavista's 3/3 losses v the top 2 suggests Benfica should do something.
- Boavista, if they win away, are likely to win 0-1 away. This may bring in the cover of 0-1 and back of Benfica +1 but please use in-play stats.
21:30 - Braga v Aves - 1.17 Braga
Braga - 4th
- Only 1 win in 5 post lockdown.
- Only 1 loss in 7 at home though was a 0-1 v Boavista.
- 3-3 scored last 2 matches.
- 3/3 wins v bottom 4 at home.
- 1-0 loss last head to head.
- 12 of 18 goals conceded at home came 2nd half.
Aves - 18th
- Failed to score last 6.
- 7 defeats in 8. Kept Porto to 0-0.
- Conceded last 14 away.
- Braga could score 3 goals today....and win. Aves 14 points only all season, failing to score last 6 and in a world of trouble. Braga have been poor post-lockdown but have goals in them as I note above. Aves did keep Porto to a 0-0 for you conspiracy theorists.....back 0-0 pre match and get the prayer mat out.
- Usual rules apply for 1.17 shots which I will highlight in the DRT review/preview video.
BELARUSSIAN PREMIER LEAGUE
14:00 - BATE Borisov v Energetik - 1.45 BATE Borisov
BATE Borisov - 1st
- Only 3 losses, one came last match.
- Failed to score in only 2 matches.
- v the top 7 at home, 2-2. 3-1 win, 0-0, 0-2 loss.
- 3-1 loss v Energetik in head to heads.
- Only 1 win in 5.
- Failed to score in 3 of their last 4 matches.
- 3/3 losses away v the top 5, without scoring.
- I expect BATE to win, Energetik keep losing to nil v the top 5 and play 1st today.