I will do a review/preview video at DRT Facebook and likely follow today's matches via Telegram. There is not the volume of matches kicking off at the same time.
ENGLISH COMMUNITY SHIELD
16:30 - Arsenal v Liverpool - 1.72 Liverpool
- This will be the first test of Arsenal's title credentials under Arteta. An apparent improvement has been forthcoming, particularly away from home. Arsenal's away form has always ensured they are nowhere near being title contenders.
- A fun prelude to the season, best approached for me via in-play stats. But...if you have an opinion....
FRENCH LIGUE 1
16:00 - Rennes v Montpellier - 2.12 Rennes
- 3rd v 8th from last season.
- 5-0 win and 0-1 away win for Rennes in head to heads last season.
- Their only home defeats v the top 6.
- Montpellier only beat 2nd bottom away from home last season.
- Rennes drew 1-1 at home to Lille in their season opener.
- This is Montpellier's first match.
20:00 - Strasbourg v Nice - 2.32 Strasbourg
- 10th v 5th from last season.
- 3 home losses for Strasbourg last season v 3rd, 4th and 7th. 1-0 win at home v Nice. No away match.
- Nice, despite finishing 5th, won only 3 away matches last season, all scoring 2 goals v 3rd, 18th and 20th.
- Strasbourg lost 3-1 away at Lorient in their opener. Nice won 2-1 at home v Lens.
15:00 - Livingston v Ross Co - 2.18 Livingston
- Livingston are yet to win this season, but are favourite. Loss, Draw at home. 0-0 v Rangers suggests that they can defend.
- Ross County have started well. 2 1-0 wins, a 2-2, 1-2 loss v Dundee United and 1-1 draw.
- 0-1 and 1-1. Not scoring too much, but unbeaten.
15:00 - Kilmarnock v Dundee Utd - 2.44 Kilmarnock
- 2.44 suggests a puzzler as newly promoted Dundee Utd visit a Kilmarnock who are yet to win this season. They scored and conceded in their first 4 matches, 2 score draws and at home, 1-1 v Celtic and 1-2 loss v St Johnstone.
- No clean sheets yet for Killie.
- 2/2 away wins for Dundee Utd will have them confident, particularly 0-1 away v last year's 3rd placed Motherwell. The other win, 1-2 v Ross County, who Killie drew 2-2 with.
- Dundee Utd losses have been 0-1 at home. Celtic struggled to score against them.
15:00 - St Johnstone v St Mirren - 2.26 St Johnstone
- Only 1 win for St Johnstone came away v Kilmarnock. That was the only match in which they scored 2 goals.
- 3 losses in 4 matches without scoring, 2 consecutive 0-1 home defeats.
- St Mirren's only loss was v Rangers. 2 1-0 wins, 1 away and a 1-1 home draw.
- This has the feel of a low-scoring affair if you want to risk backing 0-0 pre-match, to cash out as late as you dare.
- I would consider laying the first team to score, but cover the 1-0/0-1 depending on who scored first.
17:30 - Hamilton v Rangers - 1.2 Rangers
- Diddy David Hamilton lost their opener 5-1 away at Celtic and that is always the gauge playing the other Old Firm side.
- 2 consecutive home 0-1 defeats and a 0-1 win away at Motherwell suggests a thought towards defensive solidity? But are the Big 2 simply a step too far?
- 5 consecutive clean sheets for Rangers will certainly open the doors up to a correct score win to nil, with 1-0, 2-0, 3-0 the candidates so far this season.
- 0-1 and 0-0 away though for Rangers suggests that home sides put up a defensive front? Patience might be required but the inevitable Rangers win should follow.
RUSSIAN PREMIER LEAGUE
- This Russian Premier League has been making us money on telegram. Vodka-tastic! More today please. The in-play stats for this league have been very accurate indeed.
16:00 - Spartak Moscow v Arsenal Tula - 1.64 Spartak Moscow
- Great start for Spartak, who are unbeaten. 2-2-2 goals scored at home in a draw and 2 wins.
- Spartak have scored in all matches this season.
- 0-0's at halftime saw Spartak score 2nd half.
- Only 1 win for Tula came at home. Only 1 away match was a 2-0 loss v Krasnador. Only 1 over 2.5 goals match all season for Tula. Do they have a defensive slant?
- Limited away form for Tula but there does seem to be an air of reliability about Spartak at home.
18:00 - FC Khimki v Rotor Volgograd - 2.44 Khimki
- 2 newly promoted sides so no form to go on and a logical assumption that these 2 will be eyeing 3 points here.
- Neither side has won this season. Khimki have scored in 3 of their last 4 matches and managed a couple of 1-1 draws away.
- At home 0-2 loss and 1-2 loss. No clean sheet and no 0-0 at halftime yet.
- 4 losses and a 0-0 for Rotor.
- Only 1 clean sheet came in a 0-0.
- 3 0-0's at halftime in their last 4 matches is in contrast with Khimki.
- A tough puzzle to solve.
17:00 - Haugesund v Valerenga - 2.54 Haugesund
Haugesund - 9th
- 2 losses and a win last 3 matches.
- No 0-0 at home.
- 3 home wins v 4th, 8th and 15th, 2 were 1-0.
- 1-0 loss last head to head.
- Have conceded 2 goals at least in 5 home matches.
- 7/10 goals scored at home came 2nd half.
Valerenga - 5th
- Only 3 defeats all season did come away.
- 2 defeats in 3 away.
- Scored and conceded last 5 matches.
- Losses away v 2nd, 3rd and 15th.
- 100% wins v 9th-14th inclusive home and away.
- On seasonal form, you're with Valerenga but due deference to the market which suggests it's wide open.
19:30 - Brann v Stromsgodset - 1.77 Brann
Brann - 7th
- 2 consecutive home defeats.
- Conceded in their last 6 at home.
- 3-1 loss to Stroms earlier this season.
- Not played mid table at home but 3 wins and a draw away.
Stroms - 10th
- 5 losses and 2 wins last 7 matches.
- 3 losses and a win last 4 away.
- Only 1 clean sheet.
- Conceded last 13 matches.
- 100% defeats away v the top 8.
- Stroms are likely to concede so note that and have a 100% loss record away to the top 8, they play 7th today.
- But Brann's form is nothing to write home about. They even lost to Stroms 3-1 earlier this season. That was the sole loss in 3 other wins v mid table sides away, so with home advantage.....?
14:00 - Varbergs BoIS v Sirius - 2.34 Sirius
- An unappealing pair of matches in Sweden today so just a quick look.
- The first thing I note is only 3 losses for Sirius all season.
- 3 draws and 3 wins recently for Sirius scoring 3-1-3-3-2-3 goals so why on earth are they not stronger favourites?
- Only 1 win for Varbergs since 19th July came last match.
- Only 3 clean sheets for Varbergs.
- Both teams have scored in Varberg's last 7 matches and Sirius's last 9 matches.
- 3-3 the last time these 2 met. Only 1 loss home and away for Sirius v 5th and lower came v 12th away.
- Angles? 10th v 6th today. Varbergs have only 1 home loss v 8th and lower. That's the only reason I can think of as to why the market gives them a chance. For me Sirius have a serious threat up front and if on form, could nail 2/3 goals today. I will have to use the in-play stats as I am suspicious of the market's quote.
14:00 - Ostersunds FK v Falkenbergs - 2.7 Ostersunds
- Leaving this one alone. 2.7 the favourite. Yuk. In-play stats only and research, if necessary, in-play.
BELGIAN JULIPER LEAGUE
15:15 - Eupen v Sint Truiden - 2.08 Eupen
- Draw, Loss, Draw for Eupen this season who have failed to score in their last 2 matches.
- Win, Loss, Draw for Sint Truiden.
- Both sides have had a recent 0-0 if you want to back 0-0 pre-match. Evidence is flimsy though - only 3 matches played this season.
17:30 - Waasland-Beveren v Oud-Heverlee Leuven - 2.66 Waasland
- Win, Loss, Loss for Beveren this season. Draw, Draw, Loss for Leuven.
- Both teams have scored in Beveren's 3 matches and Leuven's 3 matches.
- Leuven had 2 0-0's at halftime this season end 1-1 at fulltime. That might be an angle.
17:30 - Cercle Brugge v Kortrijk - 2.42 Cercle Brugge
- A loss and 2 wins for Cercle Brugge this season. The loss was 1-0 away at Standard Liege.
- They scored and conceded in their 2 wins.
- Loss, Win, Draw for Kortrijk, scoring and conceding in 2 matches. The draw was 0-0.
- I cannot see a 0-0 today. If Cercle Brugge score as they did in their last 2 matches (2 and 3 goals), that may suffice.
19:45 - Royal Mouscron-peruwelz v Zulte-Waregem - 2.58 Zulte
- Draw, Loss, Draw for Mouscron this season. 1-1, 0-1, 1-1 so far. 2 0-0's at halftime saw 1-1 at fulltime.
- Loss, Loss, Win for Waregem. Both teams scored. 3,4,5 goals in total.
- Both teams to score today? Mouscron (10 men) impressed v Anderlecht 1-0 to 1-1 but was that down more to Anderlecht's woes than Mouscron's defence? If the latter, Mouscron may keep Waregem to a single goal?
DUTCH EERSTE DIVISIE
- Great to see the return of a usual Friday Eerste Divisie. Research at this stage will be solely based on what happened last season.
15:30 - Jong PSV Eindhoven v Excelsior - 2.08 Excelsior
- 18th v 7th from last season.
- 2-1 win and 5-2 loss v Excelsior last head to heads.
- Only 1 loss home and away for Excelsior v 14th and lower last season.
17:45 - FC Oss v Helmond Sport - 2.18 FC Oss
- 16th v 20th from last season.
- 0-2 win for Oss v Helmond last season.
- That was the only match they scored 2 goals in home and away v 14th last season.
- Only 1 win away for Helmond Sport last season came v 19th.
20:00 - NAC Breda v Jong AZ Alkmaar - 1.37 NAC Breda
- 5th v 14th from last season.
- Only 3 home losses for NAC Breda last season came v 2nd, 4th and 11th. 3-1 and 1-2 wins v Jong AZ last season.
- Jong AZ failed to beat any top 13 side away last season.
15:00 - SJK v RoPS - 1.5 SJK
SJK - 10th
- Only win came 1st match.
- Failed to score last 4 matches.
- 1-1-1-1-0 goals scored at home.
- 1-0 and 1-1 v 9th and lower at home.
RoPS - 12th
- 100% away defeats, scoring just a single goal.
- Failed to score last 4 matches.
- No win in 12, conceding last 12.
- 5 consecutive away defeats.
- 17 of 25 goals conceded away came 2nd half.
- When the strong favourite has scored 1-1-1-1-0 goals at home, failed to score last 4 matches and only won their opening match, then the opponent must be PANTS. SJK 1.5 favs!!! Unbelieveable Jeff. The market expects RoPS to continue to struggle, continue to concede and continue to lose away, largely without scoring.
- I have seen stronger 1.5 shots!
16:30 - KuPS v TPS - 1.36 KuPS
KuPS - 3rd
- Only 1 loss came v HJK Helsinki. That is decent form.
- 2 consecutive wins.
- Failed to score in only 2 matches.
- Win, Win, Win, Loss, Win at home.
- Conceded last 6 matches.
TPS - 9th
- Have lost the 4 matches played away v 10th and higher.
- Not played top 3 away.
- 2 consecutive home wins 1-0. Those were the only clean sheets.
- No draw in 11.
- Conceded last 5 away.
- Has TPS's defensive coach come out of quarantine? 2 consecutive clean sheets, the only clean sheets all season, produce 2 wins. They did come at home.
- KuPS will be a tough nut to crack though, losing only to solid yardstick HJK. I would lay TPS if they scored first but cover that 0-1 incase they pull off a 3rd consecutive 1-0.