Live chat webinar at 14:30 today, another largely in-play stats driven live chat. I will do a review/preview video at DRT Facebook.
SPANISH LA LIGA
12:00 - Alavés v Getafe - 2.45 Getafe
- 2.45 the favourite and only the 2nd match of the season. I'll defer to the stats.
- 2/2 defeats so far for Alaves. Getafe beat Osasuna 1-0 in their opener.
15:00 - Valencia v Huesca - 2.00 Valencia
- The element of the unknown is the feature of this match as Huesca play established side Valencia, Huesca being newly promoted.
- Generous odds on the face of it and we may see these odds fall before kick-off unless there are extenuating circumstances.
- Win, Loss for Valencia in their openers, saw both teams score and goals before halftime.
- 1-1 v Villareal for Huesca saw Huesca score first. 0-2 loss v Cadiz.
17:30 - Elche v Real Sociedad - 2.05 Sociedad
- This is the season opener for Elche. Sociedad have played 2, drawn 2 so far this season.
20:00 - Real Betis v Real Madrid - 1.83 Real Madrid
- 2/2 wins to nil for Betis this season. 0-0 for Real Madrid in their opener. A much changed Real Madrid it must be said. Surely not 2 consecutive matches for Madrid without a goal?
ENGLISH PREMIER LEAGUE
12:30 - Brighton v Man Utd - 1.78 Man Utd
- 1-3 loss v Chelsea for Brighton. 0-3 win v Newcastle.
- 1-3 loss v Palace for Man Utd. Where did those Palace goals come from?
15:00 - Crystal Palace v Everton - 2.10 Everton
- Both sides have won their opening 2 matches. Palace have scored before halftime in their 2 matches. They scored 3 goals last match which is a real rarity for Palace.
- Everton beat Tottenham and away West Brom at home, scoring 5 goals.
17:30 - West Brom v Chelsea - 1.36 Chelsea
- West Brom are likely to struggle again. 3 goals conceded v Leicester and 5 goals conceded v Everton.
- Chelsea beat Brighton, scoring 3 goals and lost, after a red card, v Liverpool.
- I expect 3 goals from Chelsea today.
20:00 - Burnley v Southampton - 2.35 Southampton
- Burnley lost their opener v Leicester. Southampton lost their 2 matches v Palace and Tottenham. This should be an easier encounter for Burnley.
ITALIAN SERIA A
14:00 - Torino v Atalanta - 1.7 Atalanta
- Torino lost their opener v Fiorentina. This is Atalanta's opening match of the season.
- 16th v 3rd from last season.
17:00 - Cagliari v Lazio - 1.7 Lazio
- 14th v 4th from last season.
- 1-2 loss and 2-1 loss for Cagliari v Lazio last season.
- 1-1 draw for Cagliari in their opener. Lazio's season is yet to start.
17:00 - Sampdoria v Benevento - 2.00 Sampdoria
- 15th v newly promoted this season.
- 3-0 loss v Juventus for Sampdoria.
- Benevento are newly promoted and this is their first match of the season.
19:45 - Inter Milán v Fiorentina - 1.47 Inter Milan
- 2nd v 10th from last season. 0-0 and 1-1 last head to head.
- Inter Milan's season yet to start. Fiorentina beat Torino 1-0 in their opener.
14:30 - Arminia Bielefeld v Koln - 2.5 Koln
- Good opener for Bielefeld 1-1 v Frankfurt.
- Koln 2-3 loss v Hoffenheim. Bielefeld are newly promoted.
14:30 - Augsburg v B. Dortmund - 1.44 Dortmund
- 1-3 win for Augsburg v Union Berlin in their opener. Dortmund beat Mgladbach 3-0 in theirs.
- 3-5 and 5-1 losses for Augsburg last season v Dortmund.
14:30 - B. Leverkusen v Leipzig - 2.25 Leipzig
- 5th v 3d from last season.
- 2 1-1 draws in head to heads last season.
- 0-0 for Leverkusen v Wolfsburg last season.
- Leipzig beat Mainz 3-1 earlier this season.
14:30 - M'gladbach v Unión Berlín - 1.42 Mgladbach
- 4th v 11th from last season. 4-1 win and 2-0 loss for Mgladbach v Union Berlin last season.
- 3-0 loss for Mgladbach away v Dortmund in their opener.
- 1-3 loss for Union Berlin v Augsburg in their opener.
14:30 - Mainz v Stuttgart - 2.4 Mainz
- 13th v newly promoted last season.
- 3-1 loss for Mainz v Leipzig in their opener.
- Stuttgart lost 2-3 v Freiburg in their opener. Freiburg were 0-3 up in that match.
17:30 - Schalke v Werder Bremen - 2.55 Schalke
- 12th v 16th from last season. 0-1 loss and 1-2 win for Schalke v Werder Bremen last season.
- 8-0 loss v Bayern for Schalke. Werder Bremen lost 1-4 v Hertha in their opener.
FRENCH LIGUE 1
16:00 - St. Etienne v Rennes - 2.70 Rennes
- Both sides have had an excellent start to the season with a draw and 3 wins. Hence...2.7 the favourite.
- St Etienne have scored 2 goals in every match.
- Both teams have scored in all of Rennes matches. 2-4-2 goals scored by Rennes in their last 3 matches.
20:00 - Marseille v Metz - 1.61 Marseille
- 2 wins, a loss and a draw for Marseille this season.
- 3 1-0 losses and a 2-1 win v Reims for Metz. The market is with the home side today.
- New manager for Marseille makes reliance on last season's form redundant.
PORTUGUESE PRIMEIRA LIGA
18:30 - Benfica v Moreirense - 1.14 Benfica
- Good winning start for both sides. 1.14 suggests Benfica will score before halftime and target 3/4 goals. Well, last match? 0-3 by halftime, fulltime 1-5 win.
21:00 - Boavista v Porto - 1.42 Porto
- 3-3 for Boavista in their opener saw a 2-2 by halftime.
- Hurry up too from Porto who led 2-1 at halftime in an impressive win v Braga 3-1.
15:30 - Zwolle v Sparta Rotterdam - 2.15 Zwolle
- 0-2 loss v Feyenoord and 1-1 draw v a red carded AZ for Zwolle in their opening 2 matches. They were booked in to lose v AZ Alkmaar.
- 2 losses to nil for Sparta in their matches. They kept Ajax to 1-0 which was an achievement.
17:45 - Fortuna Sittard v AZ Alkmaar - 1.50 AZ
- Sittard have conceded 5 goals already this season and ordinarily we'd expect this to be the launchpad for AZ's season. Extenuating circumstances with that 1-1 v Zwolle for them. Keep 11 on the pitch and the win should be assured.
19:00 - Heerenveen v Venlo - 1.60 Heerenveen
- Great start for Heerenveen with 2/2 wins, scoring 5 goals in the process. Will this form carry on as the market suggests it will?
- 3-5 win for VVV v Emmen in their opener and a 1-1 v Utrecht in the next match. They are scoring and conceding. Neither side has had a 0-0 at halftime.
20:00 - Ajax v Vitesse - 1.27 Ajax
- Both sides have 2/2 wins to nil this season. Both sides have not had a 0-0 at halftime yet.
- Likely to be Ajax's toughest match of the early season. They have not impressed thus far, particularly their opening 1-0 at very short odds.
15:00 - Hamilton v Dundee Utd - 2.15 Dundee United
- No draw yet for Hamilton. All defeats bar 2 away wins.
- Hamilton are yet to score at home.
- Dundee United have lost their last 2 away matches 0-4 v Kilmarnock and Rangers.
- They failed to score in 4 of their last 6 matches. Hinges creaking a little? They must give themselves a chance if this Hamilton side continue to struggle for home goals.
- An argument for backing 0-0 pre match?
15:00 - Livingston v St Johnstone - 2.50 Livingston
- Only 1 win for Livvy so far was a 1-0 at home v Ross County.
- 1-0-1-1 goals scored at home.
- St Johnstone have a strong recent pattern, 4 1-0 losses and a 1-0 win.
- They have failed to score in 4 of their last 5 matches.
- No wonder this is 2.5 the favourite. Hardly goal machines these 2. Will this St Johnstone 1-0 pattern continue? If so, then like Hamilton's match, back 0-0 pre match and hope this remains tight.
15:00 - St Mirren v Kilmarnock - 2.40 Kilmarnock
- Only 2 wins for St Mirren came within the first 3 matches and those were 1-0. 4 consecutive defeats. They did score in defeat last 2 matches.
- Only 2 wins for Killie came last 2 home matches. They have only one clean sheet.
- No angles for me.
RUSSIAN PREMIER LEAGUE
12:00 - Tambov v Spartak Moscow - 1.63 Spartak Moscow
- Only 2 wins for Tambov did come at home.
- Those were their only clean sheets.
- Tambov have had only 1 0-0 at halftime.
- 0-1-0-2 goals scored at home.
- Only 1 0-0 at halftime at home for Tambov.
- Notably all Tambov losses. Have come v the top 7 and they play 2nd today.
- Spartak Moscow are in better nick. Only 1 loss came v CSKA Moscow.
- 1-1-1-2 goals scored away of late. Impressed with the away win v Rubin Kazan. Spartak Moscow have scored in every match.
- Only 1 0-0 at halftime away.
- Angles? Spartak look well placed here to get something. Tambov have exclusively lost to the top 7, albeit 3 of those defeats were 1-0 only. On that latter basis I would not lay the 0-0 in the halftime score market.
14:30 - Zenit v Ufa - 1.20 Zenit
- Jekyllovsky and Hydearov, this Zenit side home and away.
- At home it's 2-4-3 goals and comfortable wins, albeit conceding.
- Away it's 0-0-1 goals scored in defeat, draw, draw.
- The market expects the home form to be upheld today.
- Ufa have failed to score in 4 of their last 5 matches, losing them.
- They have failed to score in their last 2 away matches.
- If Ufa score, they may not follow up and Zenit should record another 2-4 goals win today.
18:00 - Sochi v Krasnodar - 2.10 Krasnador
- Sochi lost their unbeaten run last match 3-2 so hard fought.
- Draw, Win, Draw at home.
- Only 2 losses for Krasnador came away and were 1-0. Win, loss, loss away.
- A match to watch. I did fancy Krasnador and they showed themselves with a 7-2 win last match.
14:00 - Orebro v Sirius - 2.3 Sirius
Orebro - 11th
- Failed to score last 2 matches.
- 2 consecutive home wins.
- Conceded last 6 at home.
- 6 0-0's at halftime at home.
- Only 1 loss v the top 10 at home. 2-1 loss to Sirius last head to head.
Sirius - 6th
- Only 4 losses.
- Only 1 loss in 9 matches.
- Conceded last 13 matches and last 7 away.
- 6 0-0's at halftime away.
- Lost away to sides either side of today's opponent.
- 8/11 goals conceded away came 2nd half.
- 60% chance of a 0-0 at halftime for these 2. But do expect 2nd half goals. Sirius are certainly conceding and are not their usual 2 goal selves away from home.
- Orebro have split personality. 7 goals in last 2 at home but failed to score last 2 matches.
- This could threaten to be a goal fest.
Molde v Sandefjord - 1.58 Molde
Molde - 2nd
- Since 26th July, they have lost their edge. 6 losses and 3 wins. They are still solid at home. The 3 wins came at home.
- Scored last 18 matches.
- Scored first in 7/8 at home.
- All wins bar a single loss at home.
- 2-1 loss last head to head but that was the only loss amongst 6 wins v 11th and lower.
Sandefjord - 13th
- 2 consecutive clean sheets.
- 2 wins in 3 away.
- No draw in 9 away.
- Scored last 6 away.
- Beat 3rd away but lost v 4th-10th away.
- 2 sides it's hard to trust. Molde have been collecting all of their defeats recently. But at home all wins bar a single defeat, so trust them?
- Sandefjord beat them last time, beat 3rd away but lost v 4th-10th away.
- Can you trust Molde? Do I need to call Scully?
Stromsgodset v Sarpsborg - 2.4 Stroms
- Just a look at the Challenge Table here.
- 2-3 win for Stroms last head to head. They have been scoring and conceding at home v 4th and lower.
- Stroms have scored 3-2-0-3-3-2 goals at home v 4th-15th and play 8th today so that is a plus in their column.
- Sarpsborg's wins away have only come v 13th and 16th and they play 12th today.
- Naturally if Stroms can re-discover what has been consistent scoring v 4th-15th at home, they may simply outscore this Sarpsborg side. But as is typical of a 2.4 the favourite match, Sarpsborg have been beating sides away from home, near Stroms in the league.