Is this a turning of the tide for Milan? 2-1 win v Roma yesterday and Gonzo Higuan not even on the scoresheet! Dortmund 0-0 away at Hannover in stark contrast to their 3 goals at home first match.
Onto today, and live chat begins 14:30 with our German Friends. The live chat will still be on Twitter @drtclub until there are a few more matches played. I will then revert to live chat webinars.
ENGLISH PREMIER LEAGUE
12:30 - Leicester v Liverpool - 1.49 Liverpool
- At least one team has scored 2 goals at least in all Leicester matches. They opened with a loss v Man Utd, win v Wolves and Southampton (helped by a red card).
- Unspectacular start.
- 3 Liverpool clean sheet wins, latterly 1-0 v Brighton. Even against a packed defence, the stars up front still manage to score. It's pretty much the Salah /Mane show at the moment.
- Leicester have not impressed. 90th minute goal v United, own goal to start their brace v Wolves and requiring a 90th minute winner v 10 men.
- This should be Liverpool out-scoring Leicester today.
15:00 - Chelsea v Bournemouth - 1.29 Chelsea
- Chelsea have scored 3-3-2 goals in 3 wins. They were lucky to beat Newcastle 1-2, the winner was an own goal but Chelsea did boss the match.
- Bournemouth remain unbeaten with 2 wins and a draw, scoring a minimum of 2 goals as well per match. 2 of the 3 goals conceded by Bournemouth were penalties which may suggest a better defence this season?
- An interesting match which Chelsea, at first glance, a bit too short considering, as I say, Bournemouth have conceded 2 penalties i.e. not from open play. Chelsea too laboured against Newcastle albeit away. 9/10 defeats for Bournemouth last season v the top 5 (they did beat Chelsea away 0-3!!) suggests the top teams are a step too far.
15:00 - C Palace v Southampton - 2 Palace
- Both sides did not lose their opener but lost the next 2 matches.
- For me, Saints Achilles Heel is their attack. 0-1-1 scored. But they were red carded last match.
- Palace's first home match v a team outside of the top 5 teams. 0-1 loss at home last season v Saints.
- Palace scored 2 goals at least in 4 of their last 5 home matches last season.
- Only 3 wins for Saints since 29th November 2017 albeit under a different manager.
- This may be a defensively led match unless these 2 can capture some attacking prowess now sights are lowered slightly. Back 0-0 pre match?
15:00 - Brighton v Fulham - 2.36 Brighton
- The market cannot split these 2. One-seasoned Seagulls v newly-promoted Fulham.
- That famous win v Man Utd the highlight in Brighton's 3 matches (the other 2 away defeats without scoring).
- Fulham have a similar record. 2 defeats and a win. The win v a faltering Burnley came at Fulham.
- Neither side has had a 0-0 at halftime this season. Neither side has kept a clean sheet although Brighton were mighty close v Liverpool.
15:00 - West Ham v Wolves - 2.66 West Ham
- 3/3 losses for West Ham. 2 were certainly expected v Liverpool and Arsenal. 1-2 loss at home v Bournemouth. West Ham have scored only 1 goal from open play. Arnautovic scored that ,and a penalty previous match.
- 2 score draws at home for Wolves keeps the home support happy, v Everton and Man City. 2-0 loss away at Leicester.
- This is as tough to call as the odds suggest. Neither side has kept a clean sheet this season.
15:00 - Everton v Huddersfield - 1.54 Everton
- I keep repeating that I like this Everton side and its signings.
- Marco Silva needs to work on that defence unless he is playing Keegan-style football. 2-2, 2-1 win, 2-2 - the Desmonds coming away. Everton led twice v Wolves, 2-0 v Everton and 0-2 v Bournemouth.
- Tough start for Huddersfield v top 5 teams = 2 losses. 0-0 v Cardiff and just the one goal scored this season.
- For me, Everton should have just too much for Huddersfield. I cannot see Huddersfield scoring 2 goals if Everton take a 2-0 lead. One maybe, but not 2 goals.
17:30 - Man City v Newcastle - 1.12 Man City
- Must-win territory already for Man City having slipped up v Wolves. Liverpool have an advantage now but are playing away from home today.
- Sole home match was a 6-1 win. Man City have conceded in their last 2 matches. Joselu has Newcastle's 2 goals which came in 1-2 home defeats. 0-0 away v Cardiff.
- Newcastle are lightweight up front I feel and if City are on song, this could be a win to nil.
SPANISH LA LIGA
17:30 - Celta Vigo v Atletico Madrid - 1.72 Atl Madrid
- Both sides unbeaten in their openers. Both sides 1-1 and win in their openers.Atl Madrid yet to score a 2nd goal.
- 3-0 and 0-1 wins for Atl Madrid last season v Celta Vigo.
May be postponed: Rayo Vallecano v Athletic Bilbao - 2.2 Ath Bilbao
- 2 losses for Newly promoted Rayo so far this season. 2-1 win and 2-2 Bilbao to date.Bilbao led 2-0 in their last match and conceded 2 goals v newly promoted Huesca.
- I would expect Bilbao to have too much about them but we shall see, given their capitulation v Huesca.
19:45 - Real Madrid v Leganes - 1.13 Real Madrid
- 2 wins for Real, scoring 2 goals minimum.
- Loss and draw for Leganes.
- Both teams have not had a 0-0 at halftime.
- 1.13 odds sugggests 3/4 goals minimum from Madrid and a goal at least before halftime.
ITALIAN SERIA A
17:00 - Bologna v Inter - 1.6 Inter
- Win, Loss for both sides this season.
- Bologna are yet to score.
- Bologna did not beat a top 8 side home or away last season. 1-1 and 2-1 loss to Inter last season.
- Inter were unbeaten home and away v 14th and lower (Bologna were 15th last season).
19:30 - Parma v Juventus - 1.2 Juventus
- 2-2 Parma v Udinese and 1-0 loss v SPAL.
- 2-3 win and 2-0 win for Juventus.
- Parma are newly promoted. Expect 2+ goals from Juventus.
FRENCH LIGUE 1
16:00 - Nimes v Paris St-G - 1.24 PSG
- 2 wins and a loss for Nimes in their openers.4-3-0 goals scored.
- 3-3-3 goals scored by PSG in 3 wins.
- No 0-0 at halftime this season for PSG.
19:00 - Angers v Lille - 2.44 Angers
- 3 losses so far for Angers. 2 wins at home and a 0-0 away for Lille.
- Not sure why Lille are not strong favourite here. I would look to them today via the in-play stats.
19:00 - Dijon v Caen - 2.02 Dijon
- 3/3 wins for Dijon. Mustard start. 2 consecutive clean sheets Dijon.
- A loss to PSG and 2 1-1 draws for Caen.
- Caen scored first in their 2 1-1 draws so there may be an angle there? Lay Caen if Caen score first.
19:00 - Guingamp v Toulouse - 2.1 Guingamp
- 3 losses for Guingamp. 2+ goals conceded. No 0-0 at halftime.
- A loss and 2 wins Toulouse. 2 wins came at home.
- 12th v 18th last season. Only 4 defeats for Guingamp at home last season. 1-1 draw v Toulouse at home.
- Guingamp unbeaten at home v 10th and lower.
- Only 1 win away for Toulouse.
19:00 - Reims v Montpellier - 2.62 Reims
- No recent head to heads.
- 2 1-0 wins and a 4-1 loss to Amiens for Reims. 1-2 loss, 1-2 win and 0-0 for Montpellier this season.
- Reims are newly promoted.
- Only 4 away defeats for Montpellier last season. 16 under 2.5 goal matches away for Montpellier. Will that pattern continue?
19:00 - Strasbourg v Nantes - 2.32 Strasbourg
- Win, draw, loss Strasbourg and Loss, Loss, Draw Nantes.
- 15th v 9th from last season.
- Only 1 home win v 6th-16th inclusive for Strasbourg. Trouble with the middle teams?
- Only 3 losses away for Nantes outside the top 6.
- Based on last year's form, Nantes would get the nod, but both sides' current form is not that good is it?
14:30 - Augsburg v Mgladbach - 2.62 Mgladbach
- Inconclusive market.
- Both sides won their openers scoring 2 goals. Augsburg came from 1-0 down to win.
- 12th v 9th from last season. Only 2 home wins v the top 13 last season for Augsburg does not augur well.
- 2-2 v Mgladbach.
- Mgladbach did have an unbeaten run away v 10th-14th inclusive last season.
- Leave this to the in-play stats.
14:30 - Eintracht Frankfurt v Werder Bremen - 2.42 Frankfurt
- 0-0 at halftime ended 2nd half in Werder's opener. Look for more of the same today.
- 0-2 away win for Frankfurt in their opener. 1-1 Werder in theirs. Werder are usually good candidates for both teams to score and a goal before halftime. We are yet to see whether that will come to fruition this season.
- 8th v 11th last season. Only 3 home losses outside the top 6 for Frankfurt. 2-1 win home, 1-2 loss away v Werder last season.
- Only 4 away wins Werder last season. 12% clean sheets away for Werder last season.
- Another for the in-play stats at this early stage.
14:30 - Hoffenheim v Freiburg - 1.6 Hoffenheim
- Both teams lost their openers. The Hoff were playing Bayern Munich.
- Only 2 losses at home last season for Hoffenheim. 1-1 draw at home v Freiburg and 3-2 loss away.
- Only 1 win away for Freiburg last season v bottom side.
- On last season's form, struggles expected for Freiburg away.
15:30 - Leverkusen v Wolfsburg - 1.62 Leverkusen
- Leverkusen lost 2-0 to Mgladbach and Wolfsburg won 2-1 at home to Schalke in their opener.
- 5th v 16th from last season.
- Only 1 home loss v 8th and lower for Leverkusen last season. 2-2 and 1-2 win Leverkusen v Wolfsburg last season.
- Only 1 away win the Wolf v top 12 sides.
15:30 - Nurnberg v Mainz - 2.38 Nurnberg
- These 2 last met 2014.
- 1-0 loss v Hertha for Nurnberg. 1-0 win Mainz v Stuttgart.
- Watching brief as we have a newly promoted side. We need to see if they will consistently struggle or have some tactic to stay afloat in the better league.
17:30 - Stuttgart v Bayern Munich - 1.31 Bayern
- 0-1 loss Stuttgart and 3-1 home win v Hoffenheim for Bayern.
- 7th v 1st last season.
- Stuttgart lost to the top 2 at home last season.
SCOTTISH PREMIER LEAGUE
15:00 - Aberdeen v Kilmarnock - 1.86 Aberdeen
- 1-1, 0-1 win, 1-1 Aberdeen this season. Not heavy scoring but not heavy conceding.
- 2-0 win, 0-0, 0-1 loss to Hearts for Killie. They look good defensively.
- Both sides have a strong defensive bent. This could be a tight match. New manager Killie suggest head to heads are not worth relying upon.
- Back 0-0 pre-match?
15:00 - Dundee v Motherwell - 2.62 Motherwell
- 3 defeats for Dundee, 2 were 1-0 defeats.
- 2 defeats and a 3-3 v Rangers for Motherwell.
- Motherwell have conceded 3 goals twice so have defensive worries. Dundee'd defeats are tight.
- The market cannot split these 2.. I would look to lay Motherwell if they score first.
15:00 - Hamilton v St Johnstone - 2.2 St Johnstone
- Loss, Win, Loss for Hamilton. The losses werre v Hearts and Celtic so in some cases were expected.
- Loss, Draw, Win for St Johnstone.
- An easier assignment, you feel, for Diddy David Hamilton.
- No strong patterns yet though.
15:00 - Hearts v St Mirren - 1.51 Hearts
- 3 wins for Hearts, the last 2 were 1-0.
- Win, Loss, Loss for St Mirren this season.
- St Mirren lost their last 2 matches 2-0.
- St Mirren are newly promoted. Expect Hearts to win, possible clean sheet.
15:00 - Livingston v Hibernian - 1.85 Hibernian
- Loss, Draw, Win at home v Livingston. 2 consecutive clean sheets for Livingston.
- Win, and 2 1-1 draws for Hibs. I would instinctually look to favour Hibs today.
17:30 - VVV v Heerenveen - 2.5 Heerenveen
- The market suggests a watching brief - ditto Excelsior.
18:45 - Excelsior v ADO Den Haag - 2.42 Excelsior
18:45 - PSV v Willem II - 1.14 PSV
- 3/3 wins PSV, latterly 2 1-2 wins. No 0-0 at halftime PSV. PSV have scored 2+ goals in all matches.
- Loss, and 2 wins Willem II.1-0-0 goals conceded Willem II. No 0-0 at halftime.
- 5-4-5 goals scored by PSV in the last 3 head to heads ties in precisely with that 1.14 odds quote.
- With a quote like this, you'd expect a goal before halftime.
19:45 - Fortuna Sittard v Utrecht - 1.95 Utrecht
- Newly promoted Fortuna really should find Utrecht too good.
- Draw and 2 defeats Sittard so far this season suggests potential struggles in this better league.
- Loss Win Draw Utrecht. The loss came v PSV.
- Both teams have scored in all Fortuna matches this season. I'd certainly lay them if they scored first.
PORTUGEUSE PRIMEIRA LIGA
16:30 - Belenenses v Setubal - 2.32 Belenenses
- 1-1 and 3-0 Setabul in the last 2 head to heads.
- Win, Loss, Draw for Belenenses. Win, and 2 defeats for Setabul.
- 2 consecutive 2-1 defeats Setabul.
- My tendency is towards Sporting Lisbon, Porto, Braga and Benfica so these peripheral matches get a cursory look only.
19:00 - Santa Clara v Boavista - 2.5 Santa Clara
- A loss and 2 score draws for Santa Clara.
- Win, Loss, Draw for Boavista.
- I would lay any late score draw based on Santa Clara.
21:00 - Sporting Lisbon v Feirense - 1.26 Sporting Lisbon
- Sporting tend to win head to heads.
- Both teams have scored in Sporting's 3 matches, 2 wins and a 1-1 draw v Benfica.
- 2 wins and a 1-1 draw for Feirense. Note Feirense are yet to meet the established top 4. That form may change today!
BELGIAN JULIPER LEAGUE
17:00 - Eupen v Standard - 1.61 Standard
- Great trading side Standard.
- 2-2, 1-1, 3-2 Standard in the last 3 head to heads.
- 4 defeats and a win for Eupen. Standard unbeaten.3 wins and 2 0-0's. 3 goals scored in each of their wins. 3 clean sheets in 4 for Standard.
- I am definitely with Standard Liege today whatever may unfurl.
19:00 - Lokeren v Waasland-Beveren - 2.15 Lokeren
- 4 losses and a 1-1 draw Lokeren. No clean sheets. 3 consecutive 0-0's at halftime so note that if 0-0 at halftime today.
- 3 draws and 2 losses Waasland. 2-0-4-2-3 goals conceded this season. A concern. But then Lokeren have conceded 4-3-1-3-2 goals.
- 2 teams with leaky defences. See that 0-0 at halftime and lay it 2nd half!
19:00 - Sint Truiden v Oostende - 1.95 Sint Truiden
- 4 draws and a 3-2 loss for Sint Truiden.Both teams have scored in their last 4 matches. A suggestion they cannot hold onto a lead? To be honest, they have conceded first in each of those matches.
- 3 wins and 2 defeats for Oostende. No draw v 4 draws.
- The 3 Oostende wins saw both teams score.
- I would have wanted to lay the late draw but that sequence ended in that Standard win 3-2 (which was a very profitable trading match if you followed me on Twitter).
19:30 - Charleroi v Mouscron - 1.57 Charleroi
- All defeats bar 1 Charleroi. All defeats Mouscron.
- I will leave this to the inplay stats to justify the strong favouritism for Charleroi.
SWISS SUPER LEAGUE
18:00 - Lugano v Zurich - 2.54 Lugano
- Few patterns. In all honesty it is the Young Boys match which interests from this league today.
18:00 - Sion v Young Boys - 2.26 Young Boys
- Young Boys, the team which keeps giving, even in mid-week European competition. The market thinks this is a tougher encounter for YB today.
- No draw Sion this season.3 losses and 2 wins. They scored and conceded in 4 matches.
- All wins Young Boys, scoring 2 goals minimum. 4 consecutive matches without a 0-0 at halftime.
TURKISH SUPER LIG
17:15 - Fenerbahce v Kayserispor - 1.48 Fenerbahce
- Fenerbahce tend to score 3 goals minimum in recent head to heads.
- Win and 2 defeats for Fenerbahce this season. 2 1-0 away defeats is most un-like Fenerbahce. Expect a response at home today. This is already scuppering a title push.
- A 2-0 win and 2 0--0 draws for Kayserispor sees them working on that defence. I would take on any late 0-0 today.
- This is a key match for Fenerbahce against a team they should normally be beating with ease.
17:15 - Akhisarspor v Sivasspor - 2.18 Akhisarspor
- 1-1, 1-0 Akhisarspor and 1-1 in the last 3 head to heads.
- Both teams have scored in Akhisar's matches, without them winning. No 0-0 at halftime.
- A win and 2 defeats Sivasspor.
- No strong angles.
19:45 - Trabzonspor v Galatasary - 2.14 Galatasary
- Loss, Win, Draw for Trab this season. They have scored 3 and 2 in their last 2 games.
- 3/3 for Galatasary who are certainly a team to follow in Turkey.
- 2 consecutive clean sheets Galatasary. I would enter this match expecting the away side not to lose.
19:45 - Alanyaspor v Goztepe - 2.58 Alanyaspor
- Best left to the in-play stats.