A reminder to you not to dismiss the shorties. 1.03 shot Ludogorets were losing 0-1 until the 73rd minute.....they won 2-1. A chance to back a 1.03 shot at near 4/1 if you chose 2-1/3-1 as correct scores. Ditto 1.17 Club Brugge. 0-1 down, won 2-1 with a very late winner. I will see you at 14:30 today on Twitter @drtclub.
ENGLISH PREMIER LEAGUE
12:30 - Tottenham v Liverpool - 2.54 Liverpool
- So hard to predict these high profile matches.
- Both teams have scored in all matches.
- Liverpool have been leading at halftime and full-time.
- For me, Tottenham do not look consistent enough yet. I would look for Liverpool not to lose today although this is their first real test this season.
15:00 - Newcastle v Arsenal - 1.96 Arsenal
- 2 1-2 losses at home now for Newcastle. They are scoring, but cannot get that 2nd goal to secure some kind of a reward. Arsenal are yet to draw this season and have now put together a run of scoring 2+ goals in 3 matches.
- It looks like the same old story for Newcastle. Keep it tight. Maybe score, but eventually be outdone by a team scoring one-more-than-them. Arsenal are putting together a good scoring run and that should do it. If 0-0 at halftime, I'd expect 2nd half goals.
15:00 - Man City v Fulham - 1.13 Man City
- Just what Fulham need.....not. Conceding 2+ goals, they meet a City side with goals in them. Man City have scored and conceded in 3 matches now, 2 at home so let's hope that Fulham can score first. 1.13 odds does suggest City score before halftime and score 3/4 goals although they have been kept quiet in some matches.
15:00 - Huddersfield v C Palace - 2.56 Palace
- Huddersfield are yet to score 2 goals this season. How can they build on any lead? This makes them layable if scoring first.
- No draw yet for Palace. Will that continue? Palace have 3 consecutive defeats, conceding 2+ goals. Meeting a home team unable to score that 2nd goal suggests Palace should be eyeing a result today?
15:00 - Chelsea v Cardiff - 1.19 Chelsea
- All wins for Chelsea scoring 2+ goals meets a Cardiff with no win, and having scored in only 1 match.
- Chelsea should simply outscore Cardiff, regardless of any resistance from the Welsh. This Chelsea is purring at the moment under new management.
15:00 - Bournemouth v Leicester - 2.48 Bournemouth
- Bournemouth scored 2+ goals in all bar their meeting with Chelsea. 2-0 and 2-2 at home.
- 3 2-1 scorelines for Leicester, only the 1 win suggests laying Leicester if Leicester scores first?
- Expect both teams to score?
17:30 - Watford v Man Utd - 1.95 Man Utd
- The inevitable come back from United came against the right team, Burnley, who were in a mess themselves.
- All wins for Watford, scoring 2+ goals in all matches. Their beating of Tottenham suggests they will be very competitive today.
- 2 consecutive 2-1 wins. Watford are likely to concede today I feel so could require another 2-1 to keep that 100% record.
- United have scored 2 goals twice away, winning only one match.
- A both teams to score feel unless the Special One has a plan to stop Watford scoring?
SPANISH LA LIGA
12:00 - Atl Madrid v Eibar - 1.41 Atl Madrid
- Any title chance for Atl Madrid may have already been trampled on. Draw, Win, Loss. 1-1-0 goals scored.
- 2 defeats and a win v Sociedad for Eibar recently.
- Eibar were a pain to the big boys last season....well to this big boy with a 2-2 away. Royally spanked by the other top 2 sides.
- I would back 0-0 pre match given the current poor scoring record for Atl Madrid. They may yet click into gear but that's my value pre-match angle.
- Atl Madrid have had 2 consecutive 0-0's at halftime. Do take these 0-0's on 2nd half.
15:15 - Sociedad v Barcelona - 1.46 Barcelona
- Both teams have scored in Sociedad's 3 matches, and a win, draw, loss so far. 2 goals minimum scored before halftime.
- This is Sociedad's first home match.
- 3-1-8 goals from Barca. They kept 2 clean sheets but conceded first v Huesca.
- Barca conceded 2 goals last year v Sociedad so I am hoping for fun and games. I will lay any Sociedad lead.
17:30 - Valencia v Betis - 1.78 Valencia
- No win, no clean sheet Valencia. 2 score draws.
- Only 1 goal from Betis so far this season. Is that their problem today? 2 consecutive clean sheets Betis and a 0-0 their sole away v Alaves.
- Tough to call with no ultra clear patterns. But are Betis having trouble scoring?
19:45 - Athletic Bilbao v Real Madrid - 1.63 Real Madrid
- Very tight head to heads suggests that Real, without a Ronaldo who can split teams in a tight match, might be vulnerable?
- 0-0, 1-1 last 2 head to heads. Wins for Real were 2-1.
- Just the 2 matches played by Bilbao, 2-1 and 2-2. Conceding goals. Note that!
- 3/3 wins Real scoring 2-4-4 goals. No 0-0 at halftime yet for Real Madrid.
- Watch out for a potential tight match today particularly with Bilbao being at home. The value would be a lay of Real Madrid if they score first based on very tight head to heads.
- Real have 8 goals in 2 games no so....Christiano who?
ITALIAN SERIA A
14:00 - Inter v Parma - 1.3 Inter
- Last head to head was 2015. Parma return to Seria A.
- Loss, Draw, Win Inter Milan. 0-3 v Bologna was more like it. That's 2 and 3 goals scored last 2 matches.
- A 2-2 with Udinese and 2 tight defeats for Parma 1-0 and 1-2. Very good v Juventus, Parma had an obvious plan but were undone by the more solid side.
- We see Inter scoring now, 2+ goals. Is that enough to be with them today in what has been a poor opening 3 matches for them. Parma have been keeping it very tight so this could be a 1-0, 2-1 if Inter do win.
17:00 - Napoli v Fiorentina - 1.65 Napoli
- Prior to the International Break, Napoli went wrong.
- 0-0 and 3-0 Fiorentina last 2 head to heads so this is just what Napoli do not need to repair their season.
- 1-2 v Lazio and 3-2 v AC Milan, me, and the market, expected Napoli to beat Sampdoria. But they lost 3-0.
- 2/2 for Fiorentina at home v Fiorentina and Udinese. The Udinese match was a good trading match. Fiorentina shots stats were superb but it was 0-0 until the 73rd minute.
- Question market regarding Napoli presently, particularly now we add in the fact that Fiorentina are unbeaten in 2 head to heads.
- The value seekers will lay Napoli if Napoli score first. The market stays with them, as they wrongly did v Sampdoria.
- No 0-0 at halftime yet for Napoli.
19:30 - Frosinone v Sampdoria - 2.16 Sampdoria
- The question mark about the newly promoted continues until we get a few more matches under our belts and some form patterns.
- Struggles for Frosinone yet to score. 0-0 at home v Bologna.
- 1-0 loss and 3-0 win v Napoli for Sampdoria. It goes without saying that if Sampdoria take momentum from such a savage win over such a strong side as Napoli.
14:30 - Bayern Munich v Leverkusen - 1.22 Bayern Munich
- Leverkusen earned a reputation from me for a spot of inconsistency last season.
- Head to heads last season though were consistently in Bayern's favour. 9 goals in 2 matches.
- 3 goals in each of their 2 matches for Bayern.
- Leverkusen have conceded 2 goals at least in 2 losses to date.
- Nothing for us to suspect a Bayer Leverkusen surprise just yet. Bayern are scoring 2 goals 2nd half too so note that if a draw or if they are losing at halftime.
14:30 - Fortuna Dusseldorf v Hoffenheim - 1.94 Hoffenheim
- 1-2 loss and 1-1 draw for Dusseldorf. 3-1 loss to Bayern and 3-1 win v Freiburg for the Hoff. Watch out if the inplay stats speak for the Hoff. They thoroughly deserved that win last match. And note they were 0-1 down at halftime.
- Dusseldorf may score and as a newly promoted side are likely to mount a defence but for me the Hoff are too streetwise here to drop points.
- Do watch for the typical making-it-tough for the Hoff and keep the faith, particularly if the stats back up a good performance.
- Both teams have scored in both teams' 2 matches this season.
- No 0-0 at halftime yet for the Hoff.
14:30 - Mainz v Augsburg - 2.68 Mainz
- An unappealing market so early in the new season and a newly promoted side suggests a watching brief here.
- Win, score draw for both sides this season.
- Watching brief here. Augsburg a great start to the season at this higher level.
14:30 - Mgladbach v Schalke - 2.34 Mgladbach
- 4 consecutive score draws in head to heads. Surely this is a sequence which cannot continue? Is this a ready angle already? Lay any late score draw?
- 2-0 win and 1-1 draw Mgladbach so far. 2-1 loss and 0-2 loss Schalke to date.
- Will this score draw surface? Will the sequence end? It is a relatively long one (4 head to head matches).
14:30 - RB Leipzig v Hannover - 1.58 RB Leipzig
- 2-1 and 2-3 wins for Leipzig last season. A case of scoring one more than Hannover.
- Do we expect Leipzig to concede again today?
- Neither side has a win this season. Neither side has scored that 2nd goal this season. This is a surprise for Leipzig who absolutely battered Dusseldorf last home match but this newly promoted side obviously had a defensive plan. Leipzig had a home reputation last season for 2 goals at least.
- Hannover at home kept Dortmund to a 0-0 last match. Is that a warning for Leipzig? Yet another visitor with a defensive bent?
- Leipzig last season enjoyed meeting Hannover, and scoring 2+ goals.
17:30 - Wolfsburg v Hertha Berlin - 2.16 Wolfsburg
- What a pair of contrasting head to head matches. 3-3 and then 0-0.
- 100% win record for both sides.....only 2 matches played though. The key to Wolfsburg's success? Conceding but scoring 2+ goals.
- The key to Hannover's success? Clean sheets.
- Neither side has had a 0-0 at halftime this season.
- One, or both, of these teams will lose their 100% run today. It is tough to call. Both winning. Both draws last head to heads.
FRENCH LIGUE 1
16:00 - Caen v Lyon - 1.8 Lyon
- 1-2 Lyon and 1-0 Lyon in the last 2 head to heads.
- A loss, 2 draws and a win v Dijon for Caen.
- 2 2-0 wins at home for Lyon, a 0-1 away loss and a 1-0 home loss for them too.
- Head to heads have been tight for Lyon. A couple of 0-1 losses suggests they can be kept quiet. The value is in laying Lyon if Lyon score first. In-play stats will reveal all.
19:00 - Amiens v Lille - 2.4 Lille
- 3-0 and 0-1 Amiens in the last 2 head to heads.
- Only 1 win for Amiens, only one loss for Lille.
- Lille have scored 3 goals in home matches, none in away matches.
- Amiens have scored and conceded in their 2 home matches.
- The head to heads suggests Amiens could keep Lille from scoring. Lille's current away form backs that up. If Lille score first, it suggests laying them.
19:00 - Dijon v Angers - 2.12 Dijon
- Both teams have scored in the last 5 matches.
- 2 consecutive home wins for Dijon in a match in which the home side has tended to win.
- 3 wins and a loss for Dijon. 3 losses and a win for Angers this season. No draws.
- On current season form, Dijon should not lose despite both teams possibly scoring.
19:00 - Montpellier v Strasbourg - 1.93 Montpellier
- 1-1 and 0-0 in the last 2 head to heads.
- 2 consecutive clean sheets for Montpellier. 0-0 and 0-1 win. They lost their opener v Dijon, and won away v Amiens.
- Only 1 win for Strasbourg came in their opener. That was the only clean sheet.
- Little to work with. A feeling Strasbourg are going to concede today.
19:00 - Toulouse v Monaco - 2.42 Monaco
- 3-1 Toulouse, 3-1 Monaco, 3-2 Monaco, 3-3 in the last 4 matches.
- A loss and 3 wins for Toulouse sees them in good nick. Only 1 clean sheet.
- Win, 0-0, 2-1 loss and 2-3 loss for Monaco. The last loss came v Marseille who also beat Toulouse.
- 3 0-0's at halftime in Monaco matches, one was a 0-0 at fulltime.
- We normally expect goals when these 2 meet so if 0-0 at halftime, back over 2.5 goals or even 2-2 given the most recent head to heads.
SCOTTISH PREMIER LEAGUE
15:00 - Hibernian v Kilmarnock - 2 Hibernian
- 1-1, 2-2 and 5-3 Hibs in the last 3 head to heads.
- Hibs only win came in their opener. 2 consecutive both teams to score matches, 2 1-1 draws and a loss.
- 3 clean sheets in 4 matches for Kilmarnock under Steve Clarke, Hearts only beat them 0-1. 2 away clean sheets and a great 0-2 win v Aberdeen.
- On current for, I quite fancy Killie here not to lose. Hibs look inconsistent. I would note new Killie manager so goal laden head to head scorelines may not be replicated today.
15:00 - Livingston v Hamilton - 1.95 Livingston
- Newly promoted Livingston in a match at the Tony Macaroni Stadium, best stadium name of the year 2018.
- A tough opener for Livingston v Celtic saw a rather inevitable 3-1 defeat. Since then, an eye-catching 0-0 v Kilmarnock, 0-2 away win v St Mirren and 2-1 home win v Hibs.
- That is good form. Killie and Hibs are established SPL teams.
- 3 defeats and a win v Motherwell for Hamilton.
- The market looks right here. Livingston's defence looks strong so if Diddy David Hamilton score first, I would lay Hamilton given the suggestion that Livingston may not allow them to score 2 goals.
15:00 - Motherwell v Hearts - 2.38 Hearts
- 2-1 Motherwell, 1-0 Hearts, 1-1 in the last 3 head to heads.
- Only 1 win for Motherwell.No clean sheets yet.3 goals scored in each of their last 2 matches.
- 4/4 wins for Hearts.
- Interesting that Motherwell have started scoring readily now. A sign they are clicking into gear? Hearts in solid form.
- Note the head to heads are very tight indeed. Tough to call this one given Motherwell's sudden consistent 3 goal tallies.
15:00 - Rangers v Dundee - 1.27 Rangers
- Stevie G lost his unbeaten record against Celtic (rather inevitably it seems). The market expects Rangers to renew winning ways today.
- 2 careless 90th minute concessions costed Rangers the wins away.
- At home, 2-0 v St Mirren was as expected as today's.
- 4 consecutive defeats for Dundee, 3 of those defeats were one-goal-in-it.
15:00 - St Johnstone v Aberdeen - 2.18 Aberdeen
- Aberdeen tend to score 3+ goals and beat St Johnstone with ease in head to heads.
- 2.18 odds is quite high and suggests the market is not so confident today.
- St Johnstone lost their opener v Kilmarnock.
- A draw and 2 wins after that. St J. yet to meet the top 3 from last season.
- Aberdeen also lost v Kilmarnock, drew v Rangers, and Hibs and beat Dundee FC.
- St Johnstone have started well but have yet to meet the top 3 so context required. I would still favour Aberdeen today.
17:30 - ADO Den Haag v PSV - 1.48 PSV
- 3-0 PSV and 3-3 in the last 2 head to heads.
- 2 losses and 2 wins for ADO this season. No draw. They have scored and conceded in the 4 matches.
- 2-5-2-2 goals total before halftime for ADO.
- 4/4 for PSV. 4-2-2-6 goals scored. They have conceded in 3 consecutive matches.
- No 0-0 at halftime PSV.
- Expect a goal before halftime? PSV look well positioned to score 2+ goals.
17:30 - De Graafschap v VVV - 2.46 De Graafschap
- These 2 last met in the Eerste Divisie where VVV tended to win.
- Both sides won their opener but did not win any other matches.
- VVV are keeping it tight, yet to concede a 2nd goal. Something to work with if De Graaf score first?
- De Graaf scored 2 goals only once v a faltering feyenoord.
19:45 - Ajax v Groningen - 1.18 Ajax
- 3-1 and 1-2 Ajax in the last 2 head to heads.
- An unexpected 1-1 v Heracles started the Ajax season but now 3 wins to nil and 9 goals in 2 matches suggests they can translate 1.18 odds into the expected 3/4 goals.
- 3 losses and a win for Groningen. 2 defeats were 0-1 at home.
19:45 - Willem II v Excelsior - 1.93 Willem II
- Excelsior won the last 2 head to heads 2-1. The market gives Willem II a chance.
- No draw yet for Willem II this season. 2 wins v Groningen, and Heracles. Losses v VVV and PSV.
- 1-3-0-4 goals conceded by Excelsior this season. Tough to see them keeping a clean sheet.