I will do a DRT review/preview video at DRT Facebook, and a live chat webinar at 15:00 at DRT Facebook. See you there.
ENGLISH PREMIER LEAGUE
12:30 - Norwich v West Ham - 2.00 West Ham
- Norwich can still extricate themselves from relegation but must beat 5th bottom West Ham and all remaining teams they play.
- West Ham are 3 points above the relegation zone and will remain 4th or 5th bottom with a win.
- It's a relegation six pointer folks, making in-depth research useless.
- Norwich have failed to score in 8 of their last 10 matches. They scored latest v Watford, first, but lost 2-1.
- When West Ham have failed to score post lockdown, they have lost to Wolverhampton, Tottenham and Burnley. 3-2 win v Chelsea and 2-2 v Newcastle.
- There is a hint that West Ham will score tonight against lesser opponents and that may sound the death knell. They showed well in defeat to Burnley and I would certainly lay Norwich if Norwich lead this afternoon.
12:30 - Watford v Newcastle - 1.78 Watford
- Here's the Newcastle team sheet - Biffa Bacon from Viz is in midfield, Jimmy Nail up front with Sumo Mickey Quinn, Alan Shearer's mum is wing back. You get the idea. A dead rubber for the Geordies.
- Not so for Watford.
- Watford are 17th, on the same points as West Ham so really must equal or better the Hammers today.
- Brilliant post lockdown for Newcastle assured Premier League football. Loss v Man City was inevitable after the job was done.
- 1-0-1-0-2 goals scored by Watford post lockdown. They could only score 2 goals v bottom side Norwich in their sole win post-lockdown.
- This could be a devilishly difficult tie for Watford. It does all depend on the mentality of the Geordies. Teams will subconsciously know that this is a dead rubber.
15:00 - Liverpool v Burnley - 1.24 Liverpool
- Realistically Burnley's season is over. Any chance of a top 5 place looks very remote, as they are currently 9 points away with 4 matches remaining.
- Liverpool continue to win when they don't need to, albeit v relegation threatened sides. What is worth keeping is the 17 match winning streak at home. That is Liverpool's only motivation. Burnley's 3 recent wins were 1-0 only. That might offer a trading angle if they score first.
17:30 - Sheffield Utd v Chelsea - 1.57 Chelsea
- 4 wins in 5 at home for Sheffield United. Recent wins came v Tottenham and Wolves which is a good yardstick coming into this.
- 5 wins in 6 matches for Chelsea sees them trying hard for a top 4 spot. They are in a great position but there are 2 teams likely to take advantage should Chelsea falter.
- Sheffield United have an outside chance of a top 4 spot but will require all of these solid top 6 sides to start losing all in unison while Sean Bean's men keep winning.
- Chelsea have scored 2+ goals in each of their last 8 matches. If that pattern continues, of course, it will scupper United's reliance on defence to build their points.
- There is no getting away from those solid Blades wins v Tottenham and Wolves. Sheff Utd kept Tottenham to just a single shot on target and that is a worry v Chelsea who, though, look full of goals.
20:00 - Brighton v Man City - 1.3 Man City
- Brighton are 2 wins and 2 points above the relegation zone. Nearly there. Another win for Man City should guarantee 2nd place if my maths are right and assure their Champions League status.
- Brighton's last 2 home losses were v Man Utd and Liverpool. Man City have lost 4 of their last 5 away. Can the Seagulls seal it as the Saints did v Man City?
SPANISH LA LIGA
16:00 - Osasuna v Celta Vigo - 2.58 Celta Vigo
- 3 matches remain.
- Celta are 4 points clear of relegation. A win therefore would be priceless.
- Osasuna's season is pretty much done. Not going top 5, not going down.
- 3 wins, a 0-0, and a loss v Betis for Osasuna latest.
- 3 score draws and a loss v Mallorca for Celta recently.
- 11th v 16th. Osasuna are unbeaten home and away v 14th and lower.
- Celta have not beaten a side 8th or lower away from home.
18:30 - Valladolid v Barcelona - 1.35 Barcelona
- Real Madrid still lead the title race and it's must wins all the way for Barcelona to ensure it is not an early celebration in Madrid.
- Valladolid are 2 wins and a point from the relegation zone. A win today pretty much settles it as far as survival.
- Only 2 wins in 10 for Valladolid. Draw, Draw, Draw, Win at home latest.
- Barca are unbeaten post lockdown. 3 draws though since 19th June may have cost them the title.
- Valladolid have not beaten any side in the top 12 home or away. Barca are unbeaten home and away v 13th and lower.
21:00 - Atletico Madrid v Betis - 1.51 Atl Madrid
- Villareal are threatening Atl Madrid for top 4, but have 6 points to make up.
- Betis are 9 points clear of the relegation zone. A draw will ensure La Liga football next season with 2 games remaining after this.
- Atl Madrid are unbeaten post lockdown. They won their last 3 at home.
- Loss, Loss, Loss, Draw away for Betis post lockdown.
- No win in 10 away for Betis.
- 9 without defeat at home for Atl Madrid.
- All 9 Betis away losses have come v the top 12. Atl Madrid at home have only lost to Barcelona.
ITALIAN SERIA A
16:15 - Lazio v Sassuolo - 1.68 Lazio
Lazio - 2nd
- 3 losses in 5 matches v Atalanta, Milan and surprisingly v Lecce latest.
- That last loss at home was the only home loss of the season.
- Lazio have not had a 0-0 at halftime in their last 9 matches.
- Lazio beat Sassuolo 1-2 last head to head.
- 10/14 home goals conceded first half.
Sassuolo - 8th
- 2 3-3 draws and 3 wins last 5 matches. 3-3-3-4-2 goals scored recently.
- 3-3, 1-3, 1-2 at home last 3 away matches.
- Sassuolo have scored and conceded in their last 6 and last 5 away matches.
- Sassuolo have not beaten a top 7 side away.
- Sassuolo have had goals in them post lockdown. I wouldn't discount a Sassuolo goal or two today but will they continue to fail v the top 7 away as they have done all season.
- Lay the 0-0 in the halftime score market.
18:30 - Brescia v Roma - 1.49 Roma
- Roma were excellent last match and it showed in the in-play stats. Coming from behind to win.
- They have been so inconsistent that an in-play stats look is suggested.
- Brescia did win their last home match but that was the only win since 18th December 2019.
- Roma's 3 recent losses have come v AC Milan, Udinese and Napoli. The Udinese defeat was a bit of a shock.
- Brescia play 5th today and they have lost every match v the top 8 this season. Roma have scored 3 goals in all matches played v the bottom 3 this season.
20:45 - Juventus v Atalanta - 2.2 Juventus
- Top 3 clash.
- All Juve losses came away from home.
- 8 consecutive home wins for Juventus. 9 consecutive wins for Atalanta.
- No defeat in 15 at home for Juventus, no defeat in 11 and in 6 away for Atalanta.
- Juventus have scored 2+ goals in their last 8 and last 9 at home.
- Angles - this is too competitive for me to put forward a team to rely on. Both sides in excellent form. In-play stats.
BELARUSSIAN PREMIER LEAGUE
16:30 - BATE Borisov v Slavia Mozyr - 1.33 BATE
BATE - 2nd
- 4 losses, 2 at start of the season and 2 last 2 matches.
- 2 consecutive home defeats.
- No win in 3 at home.
- 3/3 wins at home v 8th and lower, 2 were 1-0.
Slavia - 11th
- 3 losses in 4 away matches.
- Only 2 clean sheets.
- Conceded last 8 and last 8 away.
- 2/2 losses away v the top 4.
- I expect BATE to end a 3 matches home winless sequence today. That is my angle today.
18:30 - Shakhter Soligorsk v Gorodeya - 1.2 Shakhter
Shakhter - 1st
- Only 2 losses.
- 3 draws and a win last 4 matches.
- No defeat in 11 matches.
- Scored last 8 and last 6 at home.
- 0-2 win v Gorodeya last head to head.
Gorodeya - 13th
- Only 1 win in 11.
- 3 losses in 4 away matches.
- Scored and conceded last 5 away.
- Have lost to the top 3 at home.
- This should be a home win. Gorodeya lose to the top 3 at home.
14:00 - Hammarby v Sirius - 1.67 Hammarby
- 6 matches into the season. Win, Loss, Win for Hammarby this season at home. 3 losses in 4 matches.
- Hammarby have had only 1 0-0 at halftime.
- Sirius have the form of a 1.67 shot! They lost their opening match but are unbeaten since. 2-2, 2-2, 1-2, 2-1 in their last 4 matches.
- Hammarby's 2 home wins saw them keep clean sheets. But Sirius do have goals in them.
14:00 - Falkenbergs v Ostersunds FK - 1.96 Falkenbergs
- Both sides have only 1 win in their opening 6 matches.
- Draw, Loss, Loss at home for Falkenbergs.
- 0-0-2 goals scored by Ostersunds away so far.
- Both sides have only the one clean sheet this season.
17:00 - Haugesund v Molde - 1.93 Molde
- Haugesund lost their opening 2 matches. Draw, Win, Win, Draw last 4 matches. 3 consecutive clean sheets.
- Haugesund have conceded 2-2-0 goals at home this season.
- Molde are unbeaten this season and are favourites today. All wins bar a 2-2. 1-4, 2-3, 2-2 away from home. Conceding but not losing.
- Molde have scored in every match.
19:30 - Rosenborg v Stromsgodset - 1.4 Rosenborg
- Only 2 wins for Rosenborg this season came away from home.
- 0-0, 2-3, 1-1 at home for Rosenborg.
- Stroms have only 1 loss. 2-2, 2-3 win, 2-0 loss away for Stroms. Only 1 clean sheet.