A mixed bag today on this Bank Holiday. There are some angles in. With Norway and Sweden though, matches are limited and hence form lines are limited. Rome Tennis I believe begins tomorrow (Challenger and ITF begins today as a pre-emptor?)
20:00 - Leganes v Levante - 2.16 Leganes
- 0-0 in the last head to head.
- These 2 sides are 16th and 17th and are safe from relegation.
- 3 matches remain and these 2 are thankful that the bottom 3 have been so distant points-wise.
- Win, Win, Loss, Win, Draw at home for Leganes recently has saved their season.
- Only 1 loss in 9 for Levante was v Atl Madrid. 6 wins in 8 matches for Levante has certainly saved their season.
- 11 0-0's at halftime at home for Leganes, if continuing, may see a 0-0 at halftime. Take it on 2nd half.
- Leganes have an unbeaten home record v 11th and lower. Levante are unbeaten v 15th and lower.
- 12 of Leganes' 14 goals scored at home came 2nd half.
- This is a 'phew, thank feck the bottom 3 are so bad' match. Nothing to play for.
- Strictly on form, well a) both sides are unbeaten v fellow strugglers. b) possibility of a 0-0 at halftime - back 0-0 pre-match? c) on very recent form, Levante are the side in the better form. Side with them today not to lose?
TURKISH SUPER LIG
18:00 - Besiktas v Kayserispor - 1.2 Besiktas
- 2-2 and 1-1 in the last 2 head to heads.
- 3 matches remain this season.
- Only 2 losses in 15 matches.
- 9 consecutive home wins.
- No defeat in 15 matches at home.
- Only 1 0-0 at home.
- Lost only once at halftime at home.
- Unbeaten at home.
- 10 wins and a 0-0 at home v 7th and lower.
- Have not conceded a 2nd goal at home v 7th and lower.
- Scored first in 12/15 at home.
- 5 losses in 6 matches.
- 5 consecutive away defeats.
- No draw in 10 matches.
- Conceded in their last 11 matches.
- 2 + goals conceded in each of their last 7 matches.
- No 0-0 away.
- 4-3-3-4 goals conceded away v top 5.
- Besiktas can still win the league but will need to win all matches and expect the top 3 to lose.
- On form today we should expect 2-4 goals from Besiktas. They are unlikely to concede a 2nd goal so if Kayserispor scored first, back Besiktas or go to a correct score.
- Lay any late 0-0.
18:00 - Goztepe v Yeni - 1.91 Goztepe
- 2-3 Goztepe in the last head to head.
- Yeni are still liable to relegation with 3 matches remaining.
- 4 wins in 5 at home. Little to play for now but are in good recent home form.
- No 0-0 at home.
- Only 2 0-0's at halftime at home.
- Unbeaten at home v 10th and lower.2+ goals scored in all bar 1 of those matches.
- 9 goals scored at home in 31st+ minute.
- Only 1 win in 7 matches.
- 3 consecutive away defeats.
- Only 1 win away v 14th and higher.
- Yeno are still not safe from relegation, Goztepe are safe. On recent form, and on season long form, we side with Goztepe here, unbeaten at home v 10th and lower.
- Lay Yeni if Yeni scores first here as Goztepe have shown an ability to score 2+ goals.
- If you want to take a chance, look at Goztepe's scoring at home 31st-45th minute. Lay the 0-0 in the halftime score market if 0-0 30th minute.
TURKISH 1 LIG
17:00 - Ankaragucu v Adana Demirspor - 1.56 Ankar
- 2-1 Adana in the last head to head.
- Last match of the season it seems and a dead rubber. Ankar cannot catch 1st in the league - they are 2nd.
- 100% wins for Ankar v 11th and lower tending to score 2+ goals.
- Adana are 14th and safe from relegation.100% defeats away to top 5.
- Ankara's last home match of the season should see a win and 2 goals at least scored.
- This is a dead rubber.
18:00 - FC Midtyjlland v FC Nordjaelland - 1.65 Midt
- 1-1 and 1-2 Midt in the last 2 head to heads.
- We are in that section of the Danish league where the top teams have their own mini league. I will use season-long form as an indicator.
- Only 3 defeats since 27th August 2017.
- 10 wins in their last 12 home matches.
- 2+ goals scored in their last 5 matches and in their last 4 at home.
- No draw in 12 at home.
- Only 1 0-0 at halftime at home.
- 13 of 19 goals scored at home in the second half.
- 25 goals scored at home in the first half.
- 5 losses in the last 7 matches.
- Scored and conceded in 16 of their last 19 matches.
- Conceded 2+ goals in their last 4 matches and last 3 at home..
- Scored and conceded in their last 6 matches.
- 3 0-0's at halftime away.
- In this Championship group, Nord have 4 losses, a draw and a win.
- Midt have 4 wins, a draw and a loss.
- The market looks right here. Midt should outscore Nord and that is the angle.
- Lay the 0-0 in the halftime score market based on the expectation for goals.
18:00 - Sirius v Orebro - 2.58 Sirius
- 2-4 Orebro in the last head to head.
- 6 matches into this league.
- Only 1 win for Sirius and 3 consecutive defeats now.
- Only 2 home matches for Sirius 0-0 and 2-3.
- All Sirius defeats have come v the current top 3. Only 5 matches in though.
- Orebro are unbeaten.3 wins in 4 matches for Orebro.
- Orebro have scored in their last 5 matches.
- Sirius are currently bottom and Orebro have 3/3 wins v 11th and lower.
- Please note that there are only 6 matches played so very little form.
- I would tentatively lay Sirius if Sirius scored first. Orebro tend to lose albeit to the early season form sides.
18:00 - Malmo v Goteborg - 1.52 Malmo
- 1-1, 2-2 and 1-0 Malmo in the last 3 head to heads.
- 6 matches into the season.
- Draw, Win, Win at home for Malmo in the last 3 matches.
- Only 1 clean sheet for Malmo last match.
- Malmo losses have come away to date.
- No draw for Goteborg.
- 2 consecutive away defeats.
- Only 1 clean sheet. Failed to score only once.
- Limited form but both teams may score with Malmo not losing. An angle in?
18:00 - Gefle v Halmstads - 2.56 Halmstads
- 0-0 and 0-1 Gefle in the last 2 head to heads.
- Very early in the season, up to 5 matches played.
- It's a league worth following this summer so let's get the know the teams even though there may be no angles at present.
- 2-1 and 0-1 at home for Gefle so far. 2 consecutive clean sheets. Only 5 matches played.
- Only 1 win Halmstads came 1st match. 2 losses and a draw last 3 matches.
- 0-0 last match Gefle was the only 0-0 this season. You may want to lay 0-0 2nd half if 0-0 at halftime. 4 of 5 0-0's at halftime for Gefle saw goals 2nd half.
18:00 - Varnamo v Norrby - 2.3 Varnamo
- 3 of 4 defeats for Varnamo came away from home.
- 0-2 and 2-2 for Norrby v current bottom 3 (albeit only 5 matches).
- A slight nod towards Norrby but far too few matches played.
IRISH FIRST DIVISION
17:00 - Wexford v UCD - 1.58 UCD
- 1-0 and 3-2 UCD in the last 2 head to heads.
- 10 matches into the league.
- 2nd bottom.
- All defeats home and away v top 6. 3-8-4 goals conceded v top 3.
- Only 2 clean sheets.
- 7 wins, a draw and a loss this season.
- Failed to score only once.
- Only loss v 2nd in the league.
- 2-3-2-3-3 goals scored v 6th and lower in wins.
- We should expect a UCD win today, scoring 2-3 or more goals. A simple angle in so watch out if Wexford score first.
17:00 - Finn Harps v Galway Utd - 2.58 Galway
- 2-1 and 1-3 Galway in the last 2 head to heads.
- 10 matches played.
- 3 consecutive wins.
- Scored in every match.
- 3 consecutive home wins.
- Galway are top 3 currently. Finn beat 2nd 2-1 and drew 1-1 with 4th.
- Not beaten the top 4 away - Finn are 5th.
- All wins came v 7th and lower.
- 3 wins in 4 matches.
- Form lines are clouded so early in the season. Will Finn perform well v Galway who are 3rd? Finn are unbeaten v 2nd and 4th at home.
- Galway have not beaten top 4 away - will that stretch to 5th?
- And then there's the 2 consecutive Galway wins in head to heads.
- Note Finn have scored in every match. You might want to exercise this stat if Galway lead 0-1 late on.
18:00 - Sarpsborg v Molde - 2.3 Sarpsborg
- 2-2 last head to head.
- 7 matches into the Norwegian Eliteserien. It is a league to follow this summer once it fleshes out.
- 2 wins only came at home.
- Win, Win, Loss, Draw at home.
- Failed to score only in their last match.
- Only loss at home v the current 1st in the league.
- 3 clean sheets v the other sides.
- All 4 wins came within the first 5 matches of the season.
- Loss , draw last 2 away matches without scoring.
- Failed to score in 3 of their last 4 matches.
- Only 1 0-0 at halftime this season.
- Not played 8th and lower away (Sarpsborg are 11th) so no form. At home 3 wins out of 3 v these teams.
- Too early in the season for strong form lines.
- The speculators amongst you may want to lay the 0-0 halftime score market albeit 7 matches is a small sample.