A quiet day today but some good angles.
ENGLISH PREMIER LEAGUE
20:00 - Tottenham v Watford - 1.18 Tottenham
- 1-1 last head to head.
- Tottenham's goal is to retain a top 4 spot.
- Watford are 6 points above the relegation zone. Points are still key.
- Only 2 losses for Tottenham since 2nd December 2017 came v Manchester City.
- Spurs scored and conceded last 5 matches, failing to win their last 2 matches.
- No win in 6 for Watford must be improved upon otherwise they are reliant on the unfortunate displays of other relegation-threatened sides.
- Watford have failed to score in their last 6 away matches. Tottenham have scored in their last 22 matches.
- All losses away for Watford v top 9. Tottenham are unbeaten at home v 6th and lower.
- Tottenham have had a history of scoring 4 goals v Watford. 1.18 odds suggests 3/4 goals from Tottenham. Watford have conceded 3+ goals v top 6 so let that be in your thoughts.
- Back Tottenham or correct scores if Watford lead (I tend towards 3-0, 3-1, any other home score)
SPANISH LA LIGA
20:00 - Real Betis v Malaga - 1.44 Betis
- 1-2 Betis and 0-2 Betis in the last 2 head to heads.
- Top 4 is possible for Real Betis but will require a near 100% strike rate for wins from now on.
- Malaga are relegated. 17th in the league is 20 points away. 4 matches remain (12 points).
- 6 wins and a 0-0 recently for Betis keeping 6 consecutive clean sheets.
- 3 recent wins were 1-0.
- Only 2 wins in 19 matches for Malaga.
- 5 losses and a draw last 6 away for Malaga.
- 9 0-0's at halftime away for Malaga is over 50%.
- 100% wins away for Malaga v top 9, failing to score in all bar 1 match.8 wins in 9 at home for Betis v 11th and lower.
- Expect a Betis win here. Malaga are down (the shackles may come off). Malaga, when competitive, kept 0-0's at halftime. I would expect a Betis win.
IRISH PREMIER DIVISION
19:45 - Bohemians v Waterford - 2.82 Waterford
- 1-0 Waterford in the last head to head.
- Only 3 wins for Bohemians. Only 1 win in 4 for Waterford.
- Bohs have kept only one clean sheet.
- Bohs have 100% losses so far this season v the early top 4. They scored only one goal in 6 matches.
- Waterford are top 3 currently and all losses came away v top 6. 3 of the losses were 1-0.Bohs are currently 7th.
- The market suggests this could go either way. The season long form (13 matches only) suggests Waterford will not lose.
- Bohs have kept only one clean sheet. Take on any late draw?
19:45 - Dundalk v St Patricks - 1.46 Dundalk
- Dundalk tend to win, albeit 0-0 last head to head in the league.
- Only 1 loss for Dundalk came v 1st in their last match. 5 wins and a 2-2 at home recently for Dundalk.
- Dundalk have scored 2+ goals in 6 of their last 7 matches.
- Dundalk are unbeaten at home.
- Only 1 win in 4 for St Pats saw 2 consecutive draws.
- 0-1-0-1-0-0 scored away by St Pats recently.
- 4 St Pats losses away v top 5 and they play 2nd today.
- Yes, 0-0 the last time these 2 met, but I expect Dundalk to win today, it may be a 1-0 or 2-0 but still a win. Dundalk have failed to score only once at home.
19:45 - Sligo Rovers v Bray - 1.78 Sligo
- 1-2 Sligo in the last 2 head to heads.
- These 2 are bottom 2 currently.
- Sligo v 7th and lower have actually a draw and 2 wins.....away from home. They lost 0-1 at home v 8th and play 10th today.
- Sligo failed to score in their last 3 at home but face easier opposition today.
- Only 1 win for Bray this season came v 10 men.
- Sligo Rovers should not lose today. I'll enter the match with that expectation.
20:00 - Shamrock Rovers v Cork City - 2.46 Cork City
- A shock to me to not see Cork City at far shorter odds. Injuries perhaps?
- 1-0 Cork City last head to head.
- No win in 7 for Shamrock saw 5 losses and now 2 draws.Shamrock actually look good at home with only 1 defeat in 7 matches.
- 0-0 at home v Dundalk may be the reason for the less-than-warm odds for Cork City who are title contenders.
- Cork City's only 2 losses this season came away v top 3 teams.
- An argument can be made for Shamrock Rovers but I still think worst case scenario for Cork City would be a draw. I would lay Shamrock Rovers if Shamrock Rovers scored first.