The International Break begins this week, and with it comes few opportunities. The US Open Tennis is on and that is something I am keen to trade in, although we'll have to check the times of the matches.
18:00 - Hobro v Vendsyssel FF 18:00 - 2.06 Hobro
- These 2 have only met in friendlies recently.
- This is the Danish First Division, 5 matches old.
- Hobro have scored and conceded in 4 of 5 matches, and their last 2 matches were 4-1 wins.
- Vendyssel lost their first 3 matches, drew the next and won the last.
- Little to get our teeth into in what should be a football-free day. I note that all bar 1 of these teams matches have seen at least a goal before halftime.
18:00 - Sirius v GAIS - 1.61 Sirius
- Sirius tend to win head to heads but 0-0 last time out.
- 1st in the Swedish Superettan.
- Only 3 defeats.
- Lost last match.
- 7 match winning run at home.
- Only 1 home loss v 3rd.
- 70% over 2.5 goals at home.
- 4 wins and a draw last 5 matches.
- Only 4 defeats all away.
- Lost away to 2nd and 4th.
- Only 1 away win.
Profitable In-Play Opportunities
- GAIS should not win today. Sirius have only 3 losses and lost last match. I would not expect 2 consecutive defeats.
- Lay any late 0-0. It was 0-0 last time these 2 met but usually Sirius score 2+ goals at home.
I believe the US Open starts today at about 4pm UK time so I can cover it via twitter @drtclub. Tennis is a very tradable game. I tend to look for.
- Seeded v Unseeded in early rounds.
- Look for the underdogs to win a set, preferably of course the first set.
- Women first to 2 sets so if a favourite loses the first set, expect her best performance 2nd set or, quite simply, she is out!
- Men's matches are 5 setters so there is plenty of scope for a recovery. Remember Andy Murray in France? 2 sets down and he still won!
The list below will give you an idea of start times. To save me time I have copied and pasted from the Betfair in-play coupon and the time is found after the 2nd player and in 24 hour format. Times are very fluid in tennis so these are indicative times only. I'll research some of the eye-catching matches only and time permitting, will try to list at least the rankings differentials between the players.
So in this barren week of football while the over-paid luvvies take a much needed International break, we have the tennis to profit from.
- Thomaz Bellucci v Andrey Kuznetsov 16:00 - 1.77 Kuznetsov
- Carina Witthoeft v Misaki Doi 16:00 - 1.46 Doi
- Rogerio Dutra Silva v Marin Cilic 16:00 - 1.02 Cilic - 108th v 9th in the world and no head to heads. Should see a 0-3 Cilic win today. React if anything other.
- Kyle Edmund v Richard Gasquet 16:00 - 1.23 Gasquet - 85th v 15th in the rankings. No head to heads. Tough to evaluate form. Recent Winston-Salem, Edmunds reached the round of 32, and Gasquet the quarter finals.
- Irina Falconi v Cagla Buyukakcay 16:00 - 1.87 Cagla - 75th v 66th in the rankings.
- Bjorn Fratangelo v Guido Pella 16:00 - 1.67 Bjorn - 115th v 51st in the rankings but Bjorn is the favourite. Bjorn won the recent Challenger head to head in 2015.
- Julien Benneteau v Albert Ramos-Vinolas 16:00 - 1.68 Albert - 251st v 33rd in rankings and 0-1 Albert in head to heads from last year. Benneteau recently beat David Ferrer. I think he may take a set at least today. So lay Albert 3-0 set betting if the market is liquid.
- Jordan Thompson v Steve Darcis 16:00 - 1.57 Darcis - 91st v 108th. Rankings suggest this could be a tighter match than the odds suggest. Darcis came through the US Open qualifiers which you could see as an advantage.
- Petra Kvitova v Jelena Ostapenko 16:00 - 1.39 Petra - 15th v 36th. 0-2 to Ostapenko in head to heads both this year, and both 3 setters. Lay the first set winner today? It seems the obvious call here.
- Lukas Lacko v Ernesto Escobedo 16:00 - 1.89 Ernesto
- Andrea Petkovic v Kristina Kucova 16:00 - 1.51 Andrea
- Samantha Crawford v Belinda Bencic 16:00 - 1.24 Bencic - 101st v 26th in the rankings.
- Sergiy Stakhovsky v Gastao Elias 16:00 - 1.68 Sergiy
- Taylor Townsend v Caroline Wozniacki 16:00 - 1.32 Caroline - 146th v 51st - Taylor is a home player and that could lead her to play above her level. 2 -0 head to heads for Woz saw at least one set in each a tie breaker so interesting there. Expect at least one tight set. If Woz wins the first set, lay her and hope the 2nd set is a tie breaker. It may see a fluctuation in the odds if we get a tight 2nd set.
- Roberta Vinci v Anna-Lena Friedsam 16:00 - 1.5 Vinci
- Mikhail Youzhny v Martin Klizan 16:00 - 1.86 Klizan
- Catherine Bellis v Viktorija Golubic 18:00 - 1.79 Bellis
- Alizé Cornet v Mirjana Lucic-Baroni 18:00 - 1.86 Alize
- Sara Errani v Shelby Rogers 18:00 - 1.79 Sara
- Marton Fucsovics v Nicolas Almagro 18:00 - 1.56 Almagro
- Polona Hercog v Angelique Kerber 18:00 - 1.08 Kerber - 120th v 2nd in the rankings. Head to heads from 2011 not really relevant.Kerber Finalist last 2 tournaments so in excellent form.
- John Isner v Frances Tiafoe 18:00 - 1.09 Isner - 21st v 125th - No head to heads. USA big gun at home, Isner expected to win in 3 I reckon.
- Christina McHale v Mona Barthel 18:00 - 1.45 McHale - 55th v 96th in the rankings. 2-0 McHale in head to heads.
- Gael Monfils v Gilles Muller 18:00 - 1.26 Monfils - 12th v 37th in the rankings. Straight sets win 2016 for Monfils.
- Naomi Osaka v Coco Vandeweghe 18:00 - 1.39 Coco
- Yulia Putintseva v Sabine Lisicki 18:00 - 1.94 Lisicki
- Maria Sakkari v Ying-Ying Duan 18:00 - 1.93 Maria
- Francesca Schiavone v Svetlana Kuznetsova 18:00 - 1.16 Svetlana
- Anastasija Sevastova v Anna Karolina Schmiedlo 18:00 - 1.7 Sevastova
- Stephane Robert v Andreas Seppi 18:00 - 1.56 Seppi
- Vasek Pospisil v Jozef Kovalik 18:00 - 1.66 Vasek
- Yafan Wang v Alison Van Uytvanck 18:00 - 1.46 Alison
- Irina-Camelia Begu v Lesia Tsurenko 20:00 - 1.78 Irina
- Brian Baker v Federico Delbonis 20:00 - 1.78 Delbonia
- Guilherme Clezar v Marco Chiudinelli 20:00 - 1.92 Marco
- Danielle Collins v Evgeniya Rodina 20:00 - 1.55 Rodina
- Dudi Sela v Pablo Cuevas 20:00 - 1.26 Cuevas
- Elise Mertens v Garbiñe Muguruza 20:00 - 1.06 Muguruza
- Magda Linette v Dominika Cibulkova 20:00 - 1.16 Dominika
- Marcos Baghdatis v Facundo Bagnis 20:00 - 1.09 Baghdatis
- Mischa Zverev v Pierre-Hugues Herbert 20:00 - 1.95 Zverev
- Rafael Nadal v Denis Istomin 20:00 - 1.08 Nadal - 5th v 107th and 4-0 in head to heads for Nadal. Nadal was injured in the Cincinnati Masters so caution here. I would even lay Nadal at 1.09 here in the hope he is not 100%.
- Benoit Paire v Dusan Lajovic 20:00 - 1.54 Paire
- Tsvetana Pironkova v Virginie Razzano 20:00 - 1.37 Pironkova
- Monica Puig v Saisai Zheng 20:00 - 1.35 Puig
- Jan Satral v Mackenzie McDonald 20:00 - 1.54 Jan
- Jo-Wilfried Tsonga v Guido Andreozzi 20:00 - 1.05 Jo
- Yoshihito Nishioka v Kevin Anderson 20:00 - 1.34 Anderson
- Adrian Mannarino v Ryan Harrison 22:00 - 1.74 Ryan
- Madison Brengle v Kayla Day 22:00 - 1.23 Brengle
- Sorana Cirstea v Ana Bogdan 22:00 - 1.82 Cirstea
- James Duckworth v Robin Haase 22:00 - 1.91 James
- Guillermo Garcia-Lopez v Roberto Bautista Agut 22:00 - 1.3 Agut
- Johanna Konta v Bethanie Mattek-Sands 22:00 - 1.22 Konta - 14th v 109th No head to heads.
- Mandy Minella v Elina Svitolina 22:00 - 1.14 Elina - 110th v 19th in the rankings. Finalist at New Haven, Elina is in good form.
- Novak Djokovic v Jerzy Janowicz 22:00 - 1.02 Novak - 1st v 247th. No head to heads.Is beatable Novak, as was seen in the Olympics.
- Lucas Pouille v Mikhail Kukushkin 22:00 - 1.28 Pouille - 25th v 67th in the rankings. Kukushkin won the last head to head 2016 so again watch out!
- Aliaksandra Sasnovich v Lauren Davis 22:00 - 1.7 Davis
- Barbora Strycova v Monica Niculescu 22:00 - 1.34 Strycova - 21st v 58th and 4-3 head to heads so this could be a tight one.
- Su-Wei Hsieh v Kateryna Bondarenko 22:00 - 1.39 Bondarenko
- Jiri Vesely v Saketh Myneni 22:00 - 1.39 Jiri Vesely - 49th v 143rd in the rankings. No head to heads.
- Jack Sock v Taylor Fritz 22:30 - 1.34 Jack Sock - 27th v 53rd. Fritz is USA player. A 5 setter in Australia in 2016 so we may see both players winning a set.
- Dustin Brown v Milos Raonic 00:00 - 1.06 Raonic - 86th v 6th in the rankings. Dustin Brown retired in his last match. Facing the wrong guy tonight in a comeback if not fully fit!
- Madison Keys v Alison Riske 00:00 - 1.2 Madison Keys - 9th v 60th in the rankings. 4 consecutive head to head wins for Keys. Riske took a set in each of the last 2 matches.
- Lukas Rosol v Andy Murray 02:00 - 1.02 Murray - Rosol has won one set in each of the last 2 head to head Murray wins. Interesting. 81st v 2nd in the rankings.