I will do a review/preview video at DRT Facebook. See you throughout the day on Telegram for what is a typically tricky Monday coupon.
ENGLISH PREMIER LEAGUE
15:00 - Crystal Palace v Leicester - 2.10 Leicester
- Only 5 wins for Palace.
- Only 1 win in 7 matches. 2 draws and 2 losses last 4 matches.
- 10 goals conceded without reply for Palace last 2 matches.
- Palace have only 1 clean sheet which came first match of the season.
- Palace meet 3rd today and have lost to 1st and 2nd at home. Palace have scored 2+ goals only once at home.
- 6/8 goals scored at home by Palace came 1st half. They have conceded 5 goals in the last 15 minutes of home matches.
- 3 wins, a draw and a loss for Leicester recently.
- 6 wins and a loss v Liverpool away for Leicester.
- 2+ goals scored in 4 of their last 5 matches.
- 7 wins and a loss for Leicester home and away v 11th and lower, and they meet 14th today.
- Angles? Look for 76th+ minute goals. Palace concede in that time and Leicester have scored 7 goals away in that time. I must be with Leicester although I would warn you of a lurch towards a more solid defensive display by Palace in reaction to shipping 7 goals in their last 2 matches. We do tend to see this over-reaction a lot after maulings.
17:30 - Chelsea v Aston Villa - 1.57 Chelsea
- 3 losses in 4 matches for Chelsea came away from home. Win, Draw, Win, Win at home recently.
- Chelsea's only home loss came v Liverpool.
- No opponent has led at halftime in a Chelsea home match.
- Chelsea have yet to beat the top 9 teams they have played. Chelsea are 8th, Aston Villa are 7th. Chelsea have actually failed to score v the top 5 home and away.
- 7 goals scored at home by Chelsea last 7 minutes of matches.
- 3 wins and a 0-0 for Aston Villa in the last 4 matches. All clean sheets.
- 5 wins and a loss away for Villa.
- Aston Villa have not met 4th-8th home and away. All wins bar 1 away came v 11th and lower.
- Angles? Solid form for both sides tends to come outside of the top 9/10. The market though is clear in its preference for Chelsea who are unbeaten in 6 at home. Villa though have all wins bar 1 away, albeit mostly v 10th and lower. The Villa clean sheets intrigue given Chelsea have failed to score at home v the top 5.
20:00 - Everton v Man City - 1.53 Man City
- A draw and 4 consecutive wins for Everton. 3 clean sheets in 4 matches sees a turnaround after a rough patch in November.
- 2 consecutive home wins for Everton v Chelsea and Arsenal.
- Only 1 0-0 at halftime at home for Everton.
- Against the top 12 at home, Everton have scored 2-1-1-0 goals. They scored 2 goals v Liverpool.
- 9/15 goals scored at home for Everton came first half
- Only 2 losses for Man City. 2 wins, 2 draws, 2 wins recently and 5 clean sheets in 6 matches for City too. 1-1-1-0-0-1 goals scored away.
- 2nd v 6th here. Man City are yet to beat the top 5.
- Angles? Fascinating match. Both sides are keeping clean sheets but both sides struggle to really score v the top sides. Bar the derby with Liverpool Everton have scored 1-1-0 goals v top 12 sides at home. Man city have scored 1-1-1-0-0-1 goals away and failed to score in the 2 matches v the top 5. Will we see value in backing 0-0 pre match here and cashing out as late as possible?
PORTUGUESE PRIMEIRA LIGA
18:45 - Rio Ave v Maritimo - 1.95 Rio Ave
- Only 2 wins for Rio Ave. They have failed to score in their last 4 matches.
- 3 clean sheets in 4 at home, only falling foul of solid Benfica.
- 11th v 14th. Rio Ave are unbeaten home and away v 10th and lower.
- Maritimo have only 3 wins. 4 defeats and a win v Porto in their last 5 away matches. Maritimo's last 5 defeats were 2-1.
- Maritimo have scored and conceded in their last 4 away matches.
- Angles? If Rio Ave are keeping clean sheets at home, then this is a solid foundation. Do note though the 2 0-0's at home. If Maritimo lose, it will be either 2-0 or 2-1 if patterns continue and that may open us to laying Maritimo if they score first.
21:00 - Boavista v Braga - 1.75 Braga
- Only 1 win for Boavista came at home v Benfica so they have the capacity to surprise.2 0-0's and a 1-1 for Boavista latest.
- 2 consecutive home clean sheets for Boavista.
- 16th v 4th. After that beating of Benfica, Boavista have lost to 3rd and 5th without scoring.
- 5/6 goals conceded by Boavista came 2nd half.
- 7 wins in 8 matches for Braga, one loss came v Belenenses.
- 3 wins in 4 matches away for Braga.
- Braga have scored in their last 8 and last 5 away matches.
- v 11th and lower away, Braga have only met one side, 17th, a 0-4 win.
- 7/10 goals scored away by Braga came 1st half.
- Angles? Where did that win v Benfica come from for Boavista? Maybe they met Benfica before a Europa League match? Normally we expect Boavista to struggle to even score v the top 5 sides. Braga are in excellent form with 7 wins in 8 matches and have the momentum to suggest they will oblige today. Lay the 0-0 in the halftime score market based on Braga's 7 first half goals away.
TURKISH SUPER LIG
13:00 - Genclerbirligi v Kayserispor - 2.30 Genclerbirligi
- I thought the Turkish Super Lig was poor yesterday from a readability and reliability point of view, so note that with these 4 matches.
- Only 3 wins for Genclerbirligi, 2 were 1-0 wins.
- Win, draw last 2 home matches for Gencler.
- Both teams scored in Gencler's last 5 home matches.
- 19th v 21st.
- Only 2 wins for Kayserispor were 1-0 wins.
- Angles? And I stop there. These 2 are in poor form and look unreliable. In-play stats or better yet, leave alone. We can pick our battles.
13:00 - Konyaspor v Rizespor - 2.15 Konyaspor
- 4/5 wins for Konyaspor came within their last 7 matches.
- 2 wins and a loss for them at home last 3 matches.
- 12th v 13th. Konyaspor have lost to 14th and 16th at home.
- 8 of 10 Konyaspor wins at home came 2nd half.
- 2 wins in 3 matches for Rizespor came at home.
- Draw, Loss, Loss away, conceding 2 goals in each case.
- No wins away for Rizespor v 6th-11th.
- Angles? Another unappealing affair isn't it? Do note Konyaspor goals tend to come 2nd half if you want to lay any 2nd half 0-0. If pushed, I would side with Konyaspor who have 2 wins and a loss at home last 3 matches (momentum) and play a Rizespor conceding 2 goals away far too regularly and recently.
16:00 - Antalyaspor v Hatayspor - 2.37 Antalyaspor
- 2 consecutive home wins for Antalyaspor. All 4 wins have come at home.
- 3 clean sheets in 4 matches for Antalyaspor.
- 15th v 7th today. All Antalyaspor wins at home have come v 17th and lower. All 5 goals conceded at home came 2nd half.
- 2 losses in 3 matches for Hatayspor but they did win their last away match.
- Hatayspor have not scored that 2nd goal away. Their 2 away wins v 10th and 21st were therefore 0-1.
- Angles? Join the unappealing Turkish list! On ultra recent form, Antalyaspor's 2 consecutive home wins has me with them. If Hatayspor win away, it tends to be 0-1 so if that pattern continues, lay Hatayspor if they score first but cover that 0-1.
16:00 - Besiktas v Sivasspor - 1.80 Besiktas
- 7 wins and 2 defeats in 9 matches for Besiktas.
- 4 consecutive home wins for Besiktas.
- 3 clean sheets in 4 matches for Besiktas.
- Besiktas failed to score only once.
- Besiktas have scored 2+ goals in each of their last 3 home matches.
- 5th v 14th.Only 1 loss at home for Besiktas was a 0-1.
- 8/12 goals scored at home by Besiktas came 2nd half.
- 2 draws and 2 consecutive wins for Sivasspor.
- Sivasspor are unbeaten away from home.
- v the top 12 away, Sivasspor have not scored that 2nd goal and have 3 1-1 draws and a 0-1 win which gives us an angle.
- Angles? If Sivasspor score first, lay them but cover the 0-1 if their pattern v top 12 continues (and they play 5th today). Besiktas are in excellent home form, keeping clean sheets and scoring 2+ goals in their last 3 home matches. Do we at last have a reliable Turkish match?