A mish-mash of matches today. Which matches stand out for me? Benevento at home impressed in Seria A and should not lose today in Seria B. The Turkish Super Lig is worth following. Hammarby and NEC Nijmegen end my shortlist.
The U.S. Open tennis begins at 16:00 UK I believe. If I am online I will be doing some tennis trading. It is at the Grand Slams that I make my tennis trading profits. I hope to see you @drtclub Twitter at 16:00 IF I am online. Monday is my usual day off as I work weekends.
ENGLISH PREMIER LEAGUE
20:00 - Man Utd v Tottenham - 2.58 Man Utd
- Both teams have scored in all matches played. Win and loss for Man Utd. Famous shambles at Brighton. 5 different scorers for Tottenham. Kane has his first goal.
- No 0-0 at halftime for these teams yet.
- 1-0 and at home v Spurs last year and 2-0 loss away for Spurs last year.
- No angles at all. In a clash like this, I may back 0-0 pre-match in anticipation of a tight match.
ITALIAN SERIA A
19:30 - Roma v Atalanta - 1.71 Roma
- 0-1 Roma v Torino, 89th minute goal. Atalanta beat newly promoted Frosinone 4-0.
- 1-2 loss for Roma last season when Atalanta visited.
- The market does not expect Roma to lose today. Roma, note, won only 2 matches at home v top 11 sides.
- 3 losses in 4 away for Atalanta v the top 4.
- Roma's form last season v top 11 at home was poor. Atalanta away form v top 4 is poor.
SPANISH LA LIGA
19:15 - Levante v Celta Vigo - 2.48 Levante
- 0-3 win for Levante away v Betis in their opener. Celta Vigo 1-1 v Espanyol.
- 15th v 13th last season. 4 losses at home v top 12 teams for Levante. 0-1 loss at home v Celta last season.
- Last match of the season was a 4-2 Celta Vigo away win.
- Only 5 away wins for Celta Vigo.
21:00 - Athletic Bilbao v Huesca - 2.68 Ath Bilbao
- 1-2 wins for both sides in their openers. Bilbao's win came via a 90th minute goal.
- Newly promoted Huesca are a relative unknown.
ITALIAN SERIA B
20:00 - Benevento v Lecce - 1.81 Benevento
- Benevento started to perform well at home in Italian Seria A. I will shortlist this match and look for Benevento not to lose.
- First match of the season. Have Benevento retained their Seria A side? 5 home wins v 10th and lower in Seria A last season.
TURKISH SUPER LIG
17:15 - Basaksehir v Akhisar Belediye - 1.47 Basaksehir
- 2-0 win and 2-1 loss for Basaksehir in their opening 2 matches. The 2-1 loss saw their opponents score a penalty and a 90th minute goal.
- 2-1 loss v Besiktas and 1-1 v Rizespor for Akhisar.
- 3rd v 11th from last season.
- Only 1 home loss for Basaksehir last season came v 2nd. 2 2-1 wins for Basaksehir v Akhisar last season.
- Basaksehir did not concede 2 goals at home v 10th and lower last season.
- Only 4 away wins for Akhisar last season.
- Last season's form suggests a tight home win. Note Besiktas lost 2-3 last night so this is an opportunity to get a head-start on them, that goes for Galatasary below as well.
19:45 - Galatasaray v Alanyaspor - 1.33 Galatasary
- Champions v 12th from last season.
- 12 consecutive home wins for Galatasary at the end of last season. No defeat in 17.
- All wins bar a 0-0 v 2nd at home.
- 2-0 and 2-3 wins for Gala v Alanyaspor last season.
- 4/4 defeats for Alanyaspor away v top 4 last season.
- 2 wins for Galatasary 1-3 win and 1-0 win. 2 losses without scoring for Alanyaspor this season.
- Galatasary should be confident of a home win today, 2+ goals ideal. Galatasary have scored before halftime in their 2 matches this season.
DANISH SUPER LIGA
18:00 - AaB v Esbjerg - 1.94 AaB
- 4 consecutive clean sheets for AaB this season - 4 in total all season.
- 2-1 and 1-0 wins for AaB at home this season.
- Only 1 defeat for AaB came v FC Copenhagen.
- Esbjerg have scored in all 6 matches this season. 2 consecutive 1-0 wins includes v Brondby.
- No strong angles for me here. Only 2 wins for Esbjerg were 1-0 wins coming within their last 2 matches.
18:00 - Dalkurd FF v Hammarby - 1.63 Hammarby
- 4-1 Hammarby last head to head.
Dalkurd FF (15th)
- Only 3 wins, did win their last match.
- Only 2 clean sheets.
- No 0-0.
- No 0-0 at halftime at home.
- Not played the top 3 at home. Only 2 home wins v 5th and 14th.
- 4 wins in 6 unbeaten matches.
- 3 consecutive clean sheets.
- Failed to score in only 3 matches.
- No defeat in 8 away.
- 3/4 goals in 4/5 matches v bottom 4 sides.
- 5 of 7 goals conceded away came 2nd half.
- Hammarby should be favoured today. At their best they'll score 3/4 goals at least.
- The niggle? Dalkurd have yet to play the top 3 at home so a 'gap in form' there.
18:00 - Norrkoping v IFK Goteborg - 1.63 Norrkoping
- Goteborg and Norrkoping wins last 2 head to heads.
- Only 3 losses.
- Failed to score only once.
- No defeat in 5 at home.
- Only home loss v bottom side. All wins bar that v 6th and lower at home.
- 10 of 15 goals scored at home came 2nd half.
- Only 1 draw.
- Only 3 wins since 13th May came at home.
- In 13 of their last 14 matches, at least one team has scored at least 2 goals.
- Conceded in their last 8 away.
- Did beat 4th away but usually losses.
- 10 of 14 goals conceded away came 2nd half.
- Expect Norrkoping to score....at some point if 0-0 for a while. Although IFK beat Malmo away, I think Norrkoping are favoured today. Norrkoping could score 2 goals at their best.
- There is a 2nd half bias here so if 0-0 at halftime I would even back 2-1/1-2 2nd half.
18:00 - Kalmar FF v Orebro - 1.82 Kalmar FF
- 4 consecutive Orebro wins in head to heads.
- Only 2 draws.
- Only 3 wins in 10 matches.
- Conceded in their last 4 at home.
- No 0-0.
- v 10th and lower, 2-1, 1-0, 1-0 at home.
- 6 losses in 7 matches.
- Only 3 clean sheets.
- No win in 8 and in 5 away.
- Lost 2-0 away v 8th and 10th and play 9th today.
- 6 of 9 goals scored away came 2nd half.
- 7 of 10 goals conceded away came 2nd half.
- If 0-0 at halftime, lay that 0-0 2nd half. Kalmar on form should be looking to a one-goal-in-it win today.
- Both teams are in poor form so note that. This is not Barcelona v Real Madrid.
DUTCH EERSTE DIVISIE
19:00 - Jong Utrecht v NEC Nijmegen - 1.43 NEC
- 5-0 loss for Jong Utrecht in their opener. 2-2 for NEC v Cambuur. NEC were 2-0 up.
- 17th v 3rd from last season. Jong Utrecht did beat 1st home and away. Only 3 wins at home v 14th and higher.
- 1-1 v NEC at home last season.
- Jong Utrecht were bottom last season and NEC beat the bottom 3 away, scoring 2 goals at least.
- Expectation is for this latter point to be shown today. 2 goals at least for NEC (as they scored in their first match).