DRT Daily Research Bulletin, February 22, 2021
I will do a review/preview at DRT Facebook.
English Premier League
20:00 - Brighton v Crystal Palace - 1.73 Brighton
- A good recent run for Brighton sees them unbeaten in 6, keeping 5 clean sheets. We judge them on this recent run.
- 0-0, 1-0, 0-0 at home is not really the return you want from clean sheets!!
- 16th v 14th here 7 draws and a win for Brighton v 14th and lower. I would look to lay any late draw here.
- 2 losses, 2 wins, 2 losses for Palace latest. They failed to score last 2 defeats v Leeds and Burnley.
- 1-0-0-0-2-0 goals scored away recently.
- 3 of Newcastle's 4 away wins came v 17th and lower so they could potentially improve v 16th?
- Angles? Back 0-0 pre match and hope this Brighton defence remains solid. They score 2 goals very rarely so any win may rely on a clean sheet.
Spanish La Liga Primera
20:00 - Osasuna v Sevilla - 2.05 Sevilla
- The Champions League has been and gone for Sevilla so no distractions, although there may be fatigue.
- Osasuna, in 13th, are a side they really should be beating.
- But it is an Osasuna with 3 wins in 4 matches, bearing in mind that they have had only 6 wins all season.
- 2 draws and 2 consecutive wins at home, Osasuna are putting together a nice unbeaten run.
- 13th v 4th. The problem with Osasuna is that they are yet to beat the top 8 at home and yet to beat the top 7 home or away.
- Osasuna have scored 8 goals last 30 mins of home matches.
- They have conceded 6 goals at home last 15 minutes.
- 5 consecutive wins for Sevilla. Only 1 loss in 7 matches away came v Atl Madrid.
- 4 consecutive clean sheets for Sevilla.
- 6 0-0's at halftime away and none at fulltime away.
- 100% wins away for Sevilla v 12th and lower.
- Angles? Sevilla really should eye the win if none the worse for their Europa League match. 100% wins v 12th and lower.
- Osasuna have been in good form but they have not beaten the top 7 home or away.
Italian Serie A
19:45 - Juventus v Crotone - 1.15 Juventus
Juventus - 5th
- No Champions League til March and in all competitions it is a draw and 2 defeats for Juventus so on that basis, expect a win, regardless of the market suggesting a simple win.
- Only 3 defeats, 1 when they were red carded, and 2 others came away.
- 4 consecutive home wins.
- 2+ goals scored in those matches.
- 1-1 last head to head.
- 8 goals scored last 15 mins of home matches.
Crotone - 20th
- 7 losses and a win last 8 matches.
- 5 consecutive away defeats.
- Conceded last 10 and last 5 away.
- No win 11 away.
- Not beaten top 14 home or away.
- You saw with Rangers on Sunday how to turn sub 1.2 odds into a really good payout. 1.2 Rangers was 0-0 at 20 mins, so head to the halftime market and back 1-0, 2-0, any unquoted. 2-0 at halftime. So remember that if Juve is 0-0 at halftime.
- I expect the win, a draw and 2 losses for Juve in all competitions. Late goals too from Juve so remember that.
Portuguese Primeira Liga
19:00 - Maritimo v Porto - 1.35 Porto
Maritimo - 17th
- 5 consecutive defeats.
- A draw and 3 consecutive losses at home.
- 5 0-0's at halftime at home, 2 at fulltime.
- All defeats at home v the top 7.
- 2-3 win last head to head.
Porto - 2nd
- Only 2 losses were 2-3 and one was v Maritimo.
- 3 consecutive draws, 2 consecutive 2-2's.
- Unbeaten in 13 matches.
- 3/3 wins away v the bottom 4 this season.
- I do not expect Maritimo to do the double today. Porto are unbeaten in 13 and have no European Club competitions.
- 3/3 wins away for Porto v the bottom 4 and they play one of them today.
French Ligue 2
19:45 - Guingamp v Caen - 2.25 Guingamp
- 1st goal: Guingamp have scored first in 5/10 home matches against middle-third teams while SM Caen have lost 4/5 away matches against bottom-six teams. SM Caen have had L/L double results in 3/5 away matches against bottom-six teams.
18:00 - Fuenlabrada v Oviedo - 2.37 Fuenlabrada
- -2.5 goals: There have been -2.5 goals in 13/14 Fuenlabrada home matches against bottom-half teams and in 9/12 Real Oviedo away matches. Real Oviedo have drawn the first half in 6/9 away matches against middle-third teams.
20:00 - Zaragoza v Alcorcon - 2.05 Zaragoza
- Match outcome: Real Zaragoza have won 6/10 home matches against bottom-six teams and they have scored first in 9/13 home matches. There have been -2.5 goals in 8/8 Alcorcon away matches against bottom-half teams.
German Bundesliga 2
19:30 - Greuther Furth v Holstein Kiel - 2.50 Greuther Furth
- +2.5 goals: There have been +2.5 goals in 13/20 Greuther Furth home matches and in 6/9 Holstein Kiel away matches against top-six teams. Holstein Kiel have conceded first in 7/12 away matches against top-six teams.
Danish Super League
18:00 - Lyngby v Copenhagen - 1.44 Copenhagen
Lyngby - 12th
- Only 1 win all season.
- 2 consecutive defeats.
- Failed to score in 3 of their last 4 matches.
- No win in 8 at home.
- Failed to score last 3 at home.
- 100% defeats v the top 5 home and away. 4-2 loss last head to head.
Copenhagen - 4th
- 6 wins and a draw last 7 matches.
- 2+ goals scored last 3 matches.
- 4 consecutive away wins.
- Failed to score in only 1 match.
- 100% wins home and away v 10th and lower.
- I expect an away win today. Solid this season and solid against the bottom 3. Nothing from Lyngby to suggest a shock.
- 1st goal: Lyngby BK have conceded first in 8/9 home matches against top-half teams while Kobenhavn have scored first in 10/14 away matches. Kobenhavn have won 11/17 away matches against bottom-six teams.
Greek Super League
17:30 - Panetolikos v Panathinaikos - 1.80 Panathanaikos
- 1st goal: Panetolikos have conceded first in 6/8 home matches against Big Two teams while Panathinaikos have scored first in 7/10 away matches. Panetolikos have had L/L double results in 5/8 home matches against Big Two teams.
17:00 - Piast Gliwice v Warta Poznan - 1.75 Piat Gliwice
- Match outcome: Piast Gliwice have won 9/12 home matches against bottom-six teams while Warta Poznan have lost 5/9 away matches. Warta Poznan have conceded first in 5/9 away matches.
Turkish Super Lig
16:00 - Ankaragucu v Rizespor - 2.50 Ankaragucu
- 1st goal: Ankaragucu have conceded first in 9/11 home matches against bottom-half teams while Rizespor have scored first in 7/12 away matches against bottom-six teams. Ankaragucu have lost 7/11 home matches against bottom-half teams.
Belgian 1st Division A
19:45 - Club Brugge v OH Leuven - 1.33 Club Brugge
Club Brugge - 1st
- 11 wins and a loss last 12 matches.
- 8 consecutive wins, 4 at home.
- Scored and conceded last 3 at home.
- 2+ goals scored last 8 matches.
- 5 0-0's at halftime at home, none at fulltime.
- 2-1 loss last head to head.
- 3 home defeats were 0-1 only.
OH Leuven - 7th
- Only 3 wins in 11 matches.
- Won last match at home.
- 2 consecutive away 1-1 draws.
- Scored last 13 away.
- Scored and conceded last 5 away.
- Not beaten top 9 away.
- Revenge in mind for Club Brugge and they may pull it off. They have the momentum, 11 wins in 12 matches.
- Both teams to score has a chance so do watch that. I would certainly lay Leuven if they score first.
- Club Brugge have a high % of 0-0 at halftime but not at fulltime.
Bulgarian First League
15:30 - Tsarsko Selo v Botev Plovdiv - 2.25 Tsarsko Selo
- +2.5 goals: There have been +2.5 goals in 11/16 Tsarsko Selo home matches and in 6/8 Botev Plovdiv away matches against middle-third teams. Botev Plovdiv have lost 8/9 away matches against middle-third teams.
Dutch Eerste Divisie
17:45 - Jong AZ Alkmaar v Go Ahead Eagles - 1.85 Go Ahead Eagles
Jong AZ Alkmaar -18th
- 2 consecutive home 3-2 wins.
- But...5-2-2-6-2 goals conceded recently.
- 2+ goals scored at home last 3 home matches.
- Conceded last 10 and last 12 at home.
- Only played 2 of the top 5 at home, a 7-3 win v 2nd and a 2-5 loss v 3rd.
- 0-1 win last head to head.
Go Ahead Eagles - 5th
- 7 wins and a loss last 8 matches.
- 5 consecutive away wins.
- 2+ goals scored last 5 away.
- Unbeaten away v 8th and lower.
- Jong AZ matches are goal fests and their generous defence suggests Go Ahead can go ahead and score 2+ goals. Jong AZ may score too as they have done v the top 5 they have played at home.
- Both teams to score and Go Ahead at least to score 2 goals.
- With a potential goal fest in mind, lay the 0-0 in the halftime score market?
20:00 - Jong Utrecht v Cambuur - 1.40 Cambuur
Jong Utrecht - 15th
- 4 consecutive defeats.
- Loss, Win, Loss, Win, loss at home.
- No draw in 11 and in 11 at home.
- Conceded last 4 and last 6 at home.
- No 0-0 at halftime at home.
- 5-2 loss last head to head.
- Not met top 3 at home but lost to them all away.
- Conceded last 6 matches at home.
Cambuur - 1st
- A draw, 3 wins and a draw last 5 matches.
- Only 3 defeats.
- No defeat in 11 away.
- 3 0-0's at halftime away.
- With only 3 defeats all season it is obvious to side with Cambuur here.
- Lay any late draw.
- Jong Utrecht have not met the top 3 at home yet but have emphatic defeats to them away.
Portuguese Liga 2
16:00 - Benfica II v Mafra - 2.60 Benfica II
18:00 - Varzim v Covilha - 2.40 Varzim
21:00 - Feirense v Academica - 2.37 Feirense
- -2.5 goals: There have been -2.5 goals in 4/6 Feirense home matches against top-six teams and in 7/8 Academica away matches against top-six teams. Academica have drawn the first half in 6/8 away matches against top-six teams.
Romanian Liga 1
15:30 - UTA Arad v Botosani - 1.95 Botosani
- 1st half outcome: UT Arad have drawn the first half in 7/11 home matches as have Botosani in 5/8 away matches against top-half teams. There have been -2.5 goals in 6/11 UT Arad home matches.
18:30 - Viitorul v Poli Iasi - 1.50 Viitorul
- Match outcome: Viitorul have won 8/10 home matches against bottom-six teams while CSMS Iasi have lost 7/11 away matches. CSMS Iasi have conceded first in 11/14 away matches.
Ukrainian Premier League
17:00 - Olimpik Donetsk v Dnipro-1 - 2.30 Dnipro
Over 3.5 goals
Club Brugge v OH Leuven, Belgian First Dvision A, Belgium - February 22, 19:45
- There have been +3.5 goals in 6/11 Club Brugge home matches against top-six teams and in 9/12 OH Leuven away matches. There have been +2.5 goals in 10/12 OH Leuven away matches
Over 2.5 goals
Tsarsko Selo v Botev Plovdiv, First League (Bulgaria), Bulgaria - February 22, 15:30
- There have been +2.5 goals in 11/16 Tsarsko Selo home matches and in 6/8 Botev Plovdiv away matches against middle-third teams. Botev Plovdiv have lost 8/9 away matches against middle-third teams.
Jong AZ v G.A. Eagles, Eerste Divisie, Netherlands - February 22, 17:45
- There have been +2.5 goals in 8/9 Jong AZ home matches against top-six teams and +3.5 goals in 8/12 Jong AZ home matches. G.A. Eagles have won 5/8 away matches against bottom-six teams.
Greuther Furth v Holstein Kiel, 2.Bundesliga, Germany - February 22, 19:30
- There have been +2.5 goals in 13/20 Greuther Furth home matches and in 6/9 Holstein Kiel away matches against top-six teams. Holstein Kiel have conceded first in 7/12 away matches against top-six teams.