A very quiet day today and no Telegram from me on a Monday. I will do a review/preview video at DRT Facebook.
SPANISH LA LIGA
20:00 - Betis v Osasuna - 1.95 Betis
Betis - 8th
- Draw, win, win, draw last 4 matches.
- Draw, Win, Draw, Win at home.
- 2+ goals scored last 3 matches.
- 100% wins home and away v 16th and lower.
- 4 wins and a loss at home v 10th and lower.
- 8/12 goals scored at home came 1st half.
- 8/12 goals conceded at home came 2nd half.
Osasuna - 17th
- Only 1 loss in 7 matches.
- 5 draws in those 7 matches.
- Draw, Draw, Loss, Draw away recently.
- No win in 9 away.
- Conceded in their last 7 away.
- Score most first half, concede most 2nd half.
- Betis must fancy their chances. Playing a side in that part of the league where they simply keep on winning.
PORTUGUESE PRIMEIRA LIGA
17:00 - Santa Clara v Belenenses - 2.38 Santa Clara
- 4 wins plays 3 wins. Poor stuff and worthy of a 2.38 the favourite quote.
- 4 losses and a draw last 5 home matches for Santa Clara.
- No win in 6 away for Belenenses.
- Angles? Absolutely nothing to interest me. In-play stats or not at all.
19:00 - Porto v Rio Ave - 1.4 Porto
Porto - 2nd
- Only 2 losses were 3-2.
- 8 wins and a 1-1 last 9 matches.
- 5 wins and a draw last 6 home matches.
- Scored last 15 matches.
- No defeat in 6 at home.
- No 0-0 at halftime at home.
- 100% wins v 11th and lower.
- 6/9 goals conceded at home came 1st half.
- 7 goals scored last 15 minutes first half at home.
Rio Ave - 13th
- Only 3 wins.
- 3 losses and a draw last 4 away matches.
- Only 1 0-0 at halftime away.
- Failed to score in 4/5 matches home and away v the top 6.
- Rio Ave are likely to max out at one goal and that will give Porto an excellent chance here, having scored in their last 15 matches, that and 100% wins v 11th and lower.
19:45 - Moreirense v Braga - 1.54 Braga
Moreirense - 8th
- Only Porto have beaten them in their last 7 matches.
- Draw, Win, Draw, Draw at home. 2 consecutive home 2-2's.
- Not played the top 4 at home.
Braga - 4th
- 3 losses in 4 matches away.
- Conceded in their last 5 away matches.
- 4/5 losses came v the top 7.
- 10/14 goals scored away came 1st half.
- Braga are clearly becoming unreliable away from home. But can we rely on the fact that losses tend to congregate around the top 7?
- There is further muddying of the water given Moreirense are yet to meet the top 4 at home.
21:15 - Sporting Lisbon v Benfica - 2.68 Benfica
- I hope you saw over the weekend how these high profile derby matches can be too tough to call and unpredictable. Leave this to the in-play stats.