I hope you enjoyed the live chat webinar yesterday. It was a good, profitable session. Today is the beginning of an International Break. The full program of matches returns on the 31st March.
There are some Irish Premier League matches this evening. It is an interesting league but is very young, only 6 matches done.
I'll take a very basic look at the matches. Only 6 matches in is too small a sample.
15:00 - Cork v Bohemians - 1.44 Cork
- This does not appear at Betfair but does at williamhill.com
- Only 1 loss this season for Cork v fellow high-flyers Dundalk.
- That was the only match Cork failed to score in.
- 2 clean sheet wins at home so far for Cork.
- No clean sheets yet for Bohs so they could concede today.
- 1-1 and 1-0 away for Bohs.
- So, look for Bohs to concede at some point, particularly if Bohs lead or it is 0-0 for a while.
15:00 - Limerick v Shamrock Rovers - 1.53 Shamrock
- Only 2 wins so far for Limerick were 1-0 wins.
- 1-1 and 1-0 at home so far for them.
- Shamrock lost away v Bohemians and Cork City. At home they have had 3 consecutive wins.
- No surprise to see a loss v Cork. The market expects Shamrock to perform today but do note Limerick have kept it tight at home.
- It could get messy for Limerick if collateral form kicks in. Limerick lost 5-0 away v Derry. Shamrock beat Derry 6-1 at home!
15:00 - Derry v Dundalk - 1.73 Dundalk
- Dundalk are 2nd to Cork City and every match is a must-win match against a dominant side such as Cork.
- 3 wins in 4 for Derry and 2 consecutive home wins scoring 5 goals in each match. 3 defeats came away for Derry.
- Note soccerstats has this as Derry v St Pats. The match is illiquid on Betfair.
- Dundalk? They are yet to concede this season. 2 consecutive 0-0's away for Dundalk would be a sequence I would be keen to see end.
15:00 - St Pats v Sligo Rovers - 1.83 St Pats
- St Pats failed to score in 3 of their last 4 matches.
- 2-3 v Cork and 0-0 v Dundalk at home for St Pats -the top 2 teams in the league. This will be a lesser opponent.
- Sligo have scored and conceded in their last 5 matches.
- 1-2 and 2-2 away last 2 matches.
- Will we see both teams score today? With a potential easier assignment for St Pats, lay Sligo if Sligo score first?
19:45 - Bray v Waterford - 1.61 Waterford
- Bottom of the league Bray have a draw and 5 losses.
- 2 1-2 losses at home for Bray.
- Waterford are 3rd in the league early on. Same points as 2nd and 1 point behind Cork. Good start.
- No draw this season for Waterford.Waterford's only defeats v Cork and Dundalk suggests Bray may have to wait for that first win and should lose today.
The Irish First Division is only 3 matches old so I won't be playing yet. I'll be writing a piece on laying the 0-0 in the halftime score market. Head on over to DRT Facebook for my conclusions to date.