The big guns delivered as far as trading was concerned. Newcastle came from behind to make it 1-1 but eventually capitulated. Did you trade out at 1-1? Reading was the most obvious candidate yesterday. Rotherham still have some fight in them and took a lead. It took to the 2nd half for Reading to strike and go on to win. Today sees Champions League 2nd legs and a French Ligue 1 match. Leicester are tough to read today. Their 2/3 goals under the Great Bard ended against Atl Madrid - the only side to keep them out recently.
17:30 - Metz v Paris St Germain - 1.21 PSG
- 3-0 PSG in the most recent league head to head.
- This is 15th v 2nd in the French Ligue 1.
Metz 100% stats
- Not beaten a top 5 side home or away.
- Conceded 3 goals minimum at home to a top 5 side.
Metz other stats
- Only 1 win in 9 matches.
- Only 1 0-0 at home.
- Failed to score in 8 of 9 matches played v top 5 teams.
- 21 of 29 goals conceded at home came 2nd half.
PSG 100% stats
- No away draw.
- All wins home and away v 13th and lower.
- Not conceded 2 goals in a game v those teams.
PSG other stats
- 12 wins and 2 draws in 14 matches.
- Scored 2 goals at least in their last 6 away matches.
- 7 consecutive away wins.
- Metz may have trouble even scoring today but if they do, and score first, PSG are to be backed. PSG rarely concede 2 goals v teams 13th and lower.
- At their best, PSG should be scoring 3 goals at least today. It does open it up for a correct score 1-3, 0-3, any other away win although the odds are unlikely to be appealing, that is unless the match is 0-0 for a period. And it could be....Metz have a strong 2nd half bias to their goals.
19:45 - Leicester v Atl Madrid - 2.12 Atl Madrid
- It's 1-0 Atl Madrid from the first leg of this Champions League match. Dare we have expected anything different? An Atl Madrid clean sheet is par for the course.
- Leicester are new to the experience so tough to read on that account. Under the Great Bard, they have consistently scored either 2 or 3 goals. I am sure that would be on the cards tonight as it would go a long way to securing their Champions League spot in the next round.
- 3-3-2-3-2-2-2-0-2 goals scored by Leicester. 2 -3 or not 2-3, that is the question? Well the answer was not 2 or 3 v Atl Madrid.
- Leicester scored 2 goals at home to Club Brugge and Sevilla, latterly they won 2-0.
- Here's what Leicester face. They face an Atl Madrid so adept at defending that they can keep Barcelona and Bayern Munich from scoring.
- Atl Madrid have scored in 6 of their last 7 away Champions League matches. If they score today (and I am sure that is the tactic), the Great Bard will require 3 goals from his Leicester side again.
- So I will expect an Atl Madrid goal tonight.
- Leicester are, alas, unreadable. They have not met, under current management, a team as savvy as this lot in European Competition.
- You may want a 0-1, 2-1, 3-1 correct score back if you fancy the Great Bard to pull it off or go down to an efficient Madrid 0-1 or get their 2 goals and just fall shy.
19:45 - Real Madrid v Bayern Munich - 2.46 Real Madrid
- 1-2 to Real Madrid from the first leg of this Champions League match and Real have the all-important away goals.
- Worryingly for Real Madrid, they have conceded in each of their last 5 home matches in the Champions League. They will always give the opponents hope.
- In December 2016 at home, they drew 2-2 with German giants Dortmund. Of course, Real Madrid will tolerate that today.
- Real Madrid will go through with a 0-1 defeat too.
- The first leg was skewed by a red card so if 11 v 11, expect a tighter second leg.
- We have to back to April 2011 for the last time that Real Madrid were kept from scoring in a home Champions League fixture.
- If we assume a Real Madrid goal, then Bayern will have to score 3 goals in order to keep the tie alive and go through on the away goal rule. I am sure that the Bayern management have targeted the 3 goals today.
- 2-2-0-0-2-2-5 goals scored away by Bayern Munich in recent Champions League matches. They failed to score against Atl Madrid. Let's be honest here, Atl Madrid actually have a defence!
- Bayern must be targeting 2 goals minimum today. 1 goal will not do.
- I must lay Real Madrid if Real score first.
- Correct scores ? 1-1 for starters, 1-3 in case Bayern pull this off and Real get their usual goal.