I will research as many matches as I can today. Some of the English Championship matches are unappealing. I have started with the odds on favourites as they are more readable.
14:45 - Fulham v Aston Villa - 1.79 Fulham
- 1-0 Aston Villa earlier this season.
- This is 7th v 12th in the English Championship.
Fulham 100% stats
- No home 0-0.
- Unbeaten at home v 2nd-15th inclusive.
Fulham other stats
- 2 consecutive 3-1 wins.
- 10 of last 12 home matches over 2.5 goals.
- Failed to score in only 6 matches.
- Scored last 16 at home.
- Scored and conceded last 7 at home.
Aston Villa 100% stats
- Failed to score away v 5th - 11th inclusive.
Aston Villa other stats
- Only 2 defeats in 10 matches.
- 7 clean sheets in 10 but conceded last 2 matches.
- 10 0-0's at halftime away.
- Failed to score in 11 of 14 matches away v top 16 sides.
- Good winning form Villa must be put into context. They have failed to score in the vast majority of away matches v the top 14. I do feel this gives Fulham a clear advantage. They have scored last 16 at home and even have 2+ goals in them.
- Fulham should be eyeing the win today. Aston Villa must be layed if scoring first.
- We might see a 0-0 at halftime. Villa have quite a few away.
15:00 - Brighton v Wigan - 1.47 Brighton
- 0-1 Brighton earlier in the season.
- This is 1st v 23rd. 3 points massive for either side. Bottom of Championship is tight.
Brighton 100% stats
- A wins takes Brighton 6 points clear with 3 matches remaining.
- No 0-0 at home.
- All wins v bottom 4.
- All home wins v 16th and lower.
Brighton other stats
- 6 wins in 7 matches.
- Scored in their last 18 at home.
- 10 1-0 leads at halftime at home.
- All wins bar 1 home and away v 16th and lower.
Wigan 100% stats
- 3 out of 3 defeats v top 2.
Wigan other stats
- 2 consecutive 3-2 home wins.
- No draw 8 away.
- Conceded 2+ goals in each of last 5 matches.
- Only 1 win home and away v top 10.
- 11 of 12 away defeats were by a single goal.
- This could be a tight match but Brighton should prevail on form.
- Lay Wigan if Wigan score first. Brighton could get 2 goals today - Wigan are conceding 2 regularly.
15:00 - Leeds v Wolves - 2.14 Leeds
- 0-1 Leeds the last time these 2 met.
- This is 5th v 16th in the Championship.
Leeds 100% stats
- No over 3.5 goals at home.
Leeds other stats
- 4 wins and a 0-0 last 5 home matches.
- 4 consecutive home clean sheets.
- Only 1 0-0 all season.
- 11 0-0's at halftime at home.
- Only losing once at halftime at home.
- Only 2 defeats at home v teams below them in the league.
- 10 of 12 goals conceded away came 2nd half.
- 5 consecutive wins ended with 2 consecutive defeats.
- Scored and conceded in 7 of their last 8 away.
- Only 2 wins home and away v top 6.
- Failed to score in 7 of 10 matches home and away v top 6.
- Wolves away form has no real pattern to it. They can beat Newcastle and Fulham away but also cannot beat the bottom 4. A dangerous side for trading is an unpredictable side.
- if 0-0 at halftime I would expect a 2nd half goal at least.
- Wolves have had a recent both teams to score pattern away but then 4 consecutive home clean sheets for Leeds could scupper that.
- All in all, a messy match stats wise.
15:00 - Blackburn v Bristol City - 2.48 Blackburn
- 1-0 Bristol City last head to head.
- This is 22nd v 18th in the Championship.
- Only 1 win in 8 v a poor Forest side.
- Only 6 clean sheets.
- Only 1 0-0.
- Unbeaten at home v 14th and lower.
Bristol City stats
- 4 wins and 2 away defeats last 6 matches.
- No away 0-0.
- Only 3 away wins, 2 v bottom 4 sides.
- A match which could see either side with a good argument for winning. Blackburn are unbeaten at home v 14th and lower. Bristol City have 2 wins and a draw away v bottom 4 teams.
- A match to leave alone for me.
- Lay any late 0-0.
15:00 - Birmingham v Burton - 2.3 Birmingham
- 2-0 Burton last head to head.
- This is 19th v 21st in the English Championship. A real relegation six-pointer.
- Only 2 wins in 21 matches.
- Beat 22nd and 24th at home and play 21st today.
- Only 2 wins last 10 but only 3 defeats.
- Only 3 away wins.
- Scored and conceded in 3 of 4 away v 20th and lower.
- A real relegation six pointer, so I am leaving this well alone. Sorry! Wimping out of this one!
15:00 - Ipswich v Newcastle - 1.79 Newcastle
- 3-0 earlier this season.
- This is 15th v 2nd in the Championship.
- Scored and conceded 9 of last 11 matches.
- 5 score draws ended with a win last home match.
- Not beaten top 5 home or away.
- Only 3 defeats since start of the year.
- 2 0-0's and 2-1 defeat last 3 away.
- 70% halftime scores away 0-0 or 0-1.
- Unbeaten away 8th-19th inclusive.
- Not conceded both halves away.
- Ipswich have been tough to beat recently but too many score draws suggests they are layable if scoring first.
- Ipswich not beaten any top 5 team home or away and that looks conclusive. Do not expect Newcastle to lose. Newcastle really must win with Brighton having a winnable home match.
- Halftime score could be 0-0 or 0-1 Newcastle.
15:00 - QPR v Sheff Wed - 2.38 Sheff Wed
- 1-0 Sheff Wed in the last head to head.
- This is 17th v 6th in the English Championship.
- Relegation threatened.
- 4 consecutive defeats.
- 4 consecutive home wins ended with a defeat last home match.
- Only 6 clean sheets.
- Scored and conceded last 9 at home.
- No home 0-0.
- Did beat 5th side Leeds at home but the only win v top 9 at home.
Sheff Wed stats
- 4 consecutive wins.
- Failed to score in only 6 matches.
- Only 1 0-0 away.
- 8 0-0's at halftime away.
- Another of those important matches for either side could see QPR play above themselves.
- Sheff Wed are poor away from home but always seem to have a goal in them v 16th and lower so I would expect a goal from them.
- Both teams could score today. It is a recent habit of QPRs.
- A championship match where it is a mystery why the top 6 side is not the strong favourite in the betting market.
- I would lay QPR if QPR scored first.
15:00 - Cardiff v Nottm Forest - 2.32 Cardiff
- 1-2 Cardiff in the last head to head.
- This is 14th v 20th in the Championship.
- Forest are in need of points more than Cardiff who have breathing space to the relegation zone.
- Only 3 defeats in 12 matches.
- No defeat in 5 at home, scoring and conceding in the last 4.
- Only 1 0-0 at home.
- 6 wins, 2 losses and a draw at home v teams below them in the league.
Nottm Forest stats
- Only 2 wins in 12 matches.
- No win in 11 away.
- Really poor away but intriguingly have wins v 13th and 15th away.....playing 14th today.
- Conceded 2 goals at least in 11 of 13 matches away v top 13 sides.
- On form Cardiff really should not be losing this match. Forest are so poor away can likely to concede 2 goals at least. They did beat 13th and 15th away and play 14th today but that looks anomolous.
- Lay any late 0-0. I would lay Forest if Forest scored first today.
15:00 - Reading v Rotherham - 1.38 Reading
- 0-1 Reading last head to head.
- This is 4th v 24th - Rotherham are down. So basic research.
- 4 wins in 5 matches.
- 6 wins and 2 draws last 8 home matches.
- 67% of halftime scores at home 0-0 or 1-0.
- 6 wins out of 6 home and away v bottom 5 scoring 3 goals 4 times.
- 13 consecutive away defeats.
- No win in 21 away.
- Conceded last 22 matches and last 21 away.
- All defeats v top 9.
- A much-needed win for Reading on the cards to help consolidate a top 4 spot.
- Rotherham highly likely to concede so note that if Rotherham happen to lead.
- Reading most likeliest first half first goal scorers.
- Lay the 0-0 Halftime score market.
- Expect a Reading win.
15:00 - Derby v Huddersfield - 2.68 Derby
- Deep joy. Another favourite at 2.68 odds tells us it's another indecipherable Championship match.
- 1-0 Huddersfield last head to head.
- This is 8th v 3rd in the English Championship.
- Derby are 10 points shy of the play-offs. Huddersfield are 7 points shy of automatic promotion.
- 3 wins in 4 matches.
- 3 defeats in 8 came away.
- Unbeaten in 5 at home.
- 13 0-0's at halftime at home.
- Only 4 defeats at home. Failed to score at home v 1st and 2nd but beat 4th 3-2.
- Only 1 loss at home v top 13.
- 20 of 29 home goals scored 2nd half.
- All 5 draws this season were 1-1.
- 3 defeats last 5 matches so wobbling.
- 2 consecutive away defeats.
- No 0-0.
- No draw home or away v top 11 teams.
- 5 defeats and 2 wins away v top 9 teams.
- On form, I would be with Derby in this very important match (and all matches now are very important, particularly for Derby who must win).
- Huddersfield have shown consistently a vulnerability v the top 9. Derby have only 1 loss v the top 13 so I would lay Huddersfield if Huddersfield scored first.
- Again, a caveat, these top clashes may not go with the form such is the importance of the 3 points.
- If 0-0 at halftime, fear not, Huddersfield have not had a 0-0 this season.
- Lay any late draw.
19:45 - Alaves v Villareal - 2.62 Villareal
- As the sole Primera Liga match I have to research but when a favourite is 2.62, the market is telling us this is a toughie.
- 0-2 Alaves the last time these 2 met.
- This is 12th v 5th.
Alaves 100% stats
- Not beaten top 4 at home yet.
- Not scored 2 goals in a home match v top 9.
Alaves other stats
Villareal 100% stats
- Not conceded in both halves.
Villareal other stats
- No draw in 9 saw 6 wins.
- Lost only 1 match at halftime away.
- Only 1 loss away v 9th and lower saw 6 clean sheets.
- 7 of 8 goals conceded away came 2nd half.
- Villareal look tighter away from home and don't tend to concede 2. Lay Alaves if Alaves score first?
- If Villareal do not concede 1st half, they are likely to concede 2nd half.
- Might be 0-0 at halftime so watch out for that. I would not expect a 0-0 fulltime.
20:00 - Middlesbrough v Arsenal - 1.58 Arsenal
- 0-0 the last time these 2 met.
- This is 19th v 7th in the Premiership. Points required for different reasons.
- Basic research today.
- No win in 14 and in 6 at home.
- Failed to score in 6 of 8 matches.
- 3 0-0's at home in last 6 home matches.
- No win home or away v top 15.
- Not scored a 2nd goal home or away v top 11.
- Only 2 wins in 8 matches.
- 4 consecutive away matches conceding 3 goals.
- Failed to score only 3 times.
- 9 consecutive over 2.5 goals matches away.
- 4 goals scored in each win away v bottom 4.
- Twice as many goals scored and conceded 2nd half as first half away.
- At their best (and they are far from that), Arsenal are capable of 4 goals today.
- At their best, Boro can nick a 0-0 which is a recent habit.
- With Boro unable to score that 2nd goal, if they score first, they are opposable.
- Must wins for either side!