As with yesterday, 17:00 start today on Twitter. England and Scotland both produced a late winner as they should have (red card Slovakia and a strong habit from Slovenia for conceding 80th+ minute goals). England reached 10/1 in play before scoring. I do hope some of you managed that scoreline.
00:30 - Argentina v Peru - 1.24 Argentina
- We are still in the group stages in South America where all teams are lumped together.
- Brazil are head and shoulders above the rest. 2nd place is all to play for, with Uruguay in the driving seat but Argentina are in the chasing pack.
- 2-2 last time these 2 met saw Argentina take the lead twice and provide the equaliser for Peru.
- This has been a dire campaign for the Argies. Only 2 wins in 9 world cup qualifiers.
- Only 3 losses at home since 2000 should give the Argies a shout tonight.
- Peru are on a 3 match 2-1 winning sequence in qualifiers.
- That follows a 2-2 so the Peruvians are scoring 2 goals regularly.
- In 8 of 10 matches, Peru scored 2 goals at least.
- This should be an entertaining match. What chance a 3-2 scoreline here today if Peru continue to score 2 but lose (given the Argies excellent home record).
- If the Argies lead, you might want to lay them (if you are up!!) and hope the Peruvians feel like scoring and equalising as they did in the first match.
00:30 - Chile v Ecuador - 1.42 Chile
- Chile are in with a chance of moving up the big group in South American world cup qualifiers, Ecuador less so.
- Only 1 draw for Chile was a 0-0 which suggests we lay the late draw or 0-0.
- 3 losses in 4 for Chile now At home they are far better. 4 consecutive wins and a loss v Paraguay.
- Chile have scored and conceded in 4 of their last 5 homes.
- Only 2 wins in 12 for Ecuador, one was a 3-0 at home v Chile.
- 4 consecutive defeats for Ecuador.
- Home advantage should tell here.
00:30 - Colombia v Paraguay - 1.44 Colombia
- it really is competitive outside of Brazil in South America.
- No draw for Paraguay in 15 matches may suggest a way of playing. All or nothing?
- Paraguay beat Argentina and Chile away, 2 giants in South America and lost to Uruguay, Brazil and Bolivia.
- only 2 defeats in 12 for Colombia came away v Brazil and Argentina. On that form they should not be losing with home advantage.
17:00 - Georgia v Wales - 1.96 Wales
- Serbia, Wales and Ireland occupy the top 3 berths in Group D with advantage Serbia, some 4 points clear of Wales. Austria still have a shout here but need some strange results to occur.
- Georgia have scored and conceded in their last 6 qualifiers with 5 score draws.
- Serbia and Ireland were the only teams to win.. With this pattern for Georgia, it has been a case of lay the first team to score as Georgia have been able to equalise as well as score first and then concede.
- Wales are in for a frustrating evening, that is if Georgia can be bothered. They will not be qualifying. The draws have taken care of that!
- Wales themselves had a destructive run of 5 draws which has ended now with 2 wins v Austria and Moldova.
- 74th, 80th and 90th minute goals for Wales in their last 2 matches.
- I do feel 0-0 is in play here at least until halftime.If 0-0 at halftime, I would take a chance 2nd half on a 0-1, 1-1, 0-2 if the correct score odds appeal.
19:45 - Austria v Serbia - 2.28 Serbia
- If Serbia win tonight and Wales do not, Serbia guarantee qualification.
- Austria have an outside chance of a 2nd place berth with 2 wins but will require Wales and Ireland to lose their 2 remaining matches.
- 0-2-1-0-1 scored by Austria lately. The 2 were scored v Moldova and one was a 90th minute goal.
- Serbia led on 3 occasions at home to Austria to secure a 3-2 win.
- With Alaba, Arnatovic and Hamsik in the team, Austria should be better up front. 3 marquee names.
- Serbia are unbeaten.
- Draws v Ireland and twice v Wales.
- 3 wins and a 1-1 draw away.
- A game tough to call. I do note Austria's poor scoring and that may be their Achilles Heel. An inability to score 2 against a top team.I would lay Austria if Austria scored first.
19:45 - Croatia v Finland - 1.14 Croatia
- 0-1 Croatia the last time these 2 met.
- This Group I is hugely competitive. There are 4 teams in with a chance here. Finland are not one of those teams.
- Croatia must be eyeing the win here today. There is simply no other option. Their immediate contenders for qualification may cut each other's throats. Turkey and Iceland meet each other and they are 2 of the other sides in with qualification chances.
- 2 1-0 losses for Croatia came away from home. 2-0, 1-0, 1-0 at home. The market expects a more emphatic scoreline. Croatia will take a 1-0 but will be aware that goal difference may play a part.
- 2 consecutive 1-0 wins for Finland v Kosovo and Iceland.
- Do not be surprised if Finland park the bus, or the sleigh. Do expect Croatia to breakthrough eventually if this turns into attack v defence.
19:45 - Italy v FYR Macedonia - 1.1 Italy
- Macedonia led 2-1 the last time these 2 met before Italy won 2-3. More fun and games today I hope.
- Spain and Italy are the only 2 teams in Group G.
- 4 wins to nil and a loss v Spain for Italy in their last 5 matches.
- Italy are unbeaten at home in World Cup qualifiers since 1961!!
- Macedonia lost only 1 of 4 matches, a 1-2 v Spain.Their wins came v Liechtenstein, and Israel and a draw v Albania.
- A big shock if FYR take the lead and hold on to the lead. Italy should assert.
- 1.1 odds suggests 3/4 goals minimum.
19:45 - Kosovo v Ukraine - 1.16 Ukraine
- Group I has 4 teams vying for qualification and Ukraine are one. This is a must win and it will be a shock were there any other result.
- 3-0 Ukraine the first time these 2 met. Kosovo have had 2 consecutive 1-0 defeats. 7 consecutive defeats Kosovo.
- Ukraine have been poor away and only beat Finland 1-2. Ukraine would take a 0-1 despite the market expecting 3/4 goals minimum from Ukraine.
19:45 - Liechtenstein v Israel - 1.18 Israel
- Spain and Italy dominate Group G and these 2, I'm afraid, will not be winning the World Cup in Russia.
- Israel only won 2-1 with home advantage so are clearly limited themselves. A Liechtenstein win would be as shocking as a Hungary 0-0 with Andorra and a France 0-0 with Luxembourg. It is possible but 0-0 is best case scenario for Liechtenstein.
19:45 - Rep of Ireland v Moldova - 1.12 Ireland
- 1-3 to Ireland in Moldova the last time these 2 met. Moldova are yet to win and have failed to score in 3 of their last 4 qualifiers.
- Serbia, wales and Ireland dominate Group D. This is a must win for Ireland.3 draws and a loss though for Ireland sees them faltering.
- 2 1-1 draws and a 0-1 loss to Serbia. Where is that 2nd goal which secures the win coming from?
- 0-0, 1-1, 0-1 loss at home now for the Irish.
- I predict a nervy night if this is 0-0 for any longer than is comfortable. I would consider laying Ireland at 1.12 but that would need a 0-0 or a Moldova goal for us to collect.
- You may get a run for your money backing 0-0 pre match and hoping Ireland splutter up front. 1.12 odds does suggest a repeat of the 3 goals scored away at Moldova (2 were 69th+ minute).
19:45 - Spain v Albania - 1.09 Spain
- Top spot in Group G is between Spain and Italy. Spain have a 3 point advantage so a win here secures qualification.
- Spain have yet to concede that 2nd goal in qualifiers so are always worth backing of the opponent scores first.
- 2 2nd half goals made for a professions 0-2 win away at Albania.
- 8-4-4-3 goals scored at home ties in with a 1.09 quote.
- Albania are unbeaten in 3 but don't get carried away. They played Israel, Liechtenstein and Macedonia.
- Spain are missing 3 big names but have an amazing squad and are expected to get the 3 goals minimum.
19:45 - Turkey v Iceland - 2 Turkey
- Group I is as tough as it gets with 4 of the 6 sides up for qualification. Only 2 points separates these top 4.
- 3rd and 2nd meet today and the winner which gain a real shot of eliminating the competition in their search for that qualification spot.
- 4 wins in 5 for Turkey sees a recent 1-0 v Croatia which caught the attention.
- 2-0 Iceland though from the earlier head to head.
- 2-2-2-1 scored by the Turks at home in a draw and 3 wins.
- 3 consecutive clean sheets at home now for the Turks.
- 5 wins and 2 defeats for Iceland. The 2 defeats came away and sandwiched a less than convincing 1-2 win v Kosovo (who are pants).
- I would tentatively side with the Turks tonight not to lose. They seem to really take advantage from playing at home.