The return of league football, although I must say that the Champions League and Europa League were very giving this week. I will do a review/preview video at DRT Facebook.
ENGLISH PREMIER LEAGUE
20:00 - Wolves v Crystal Palace - 2.00 Wolves
- 1-1-1 goals scored at home by Wolves with just 1 1-0 win v Fulham. 1-1 v Newcastle latest saw Wolves concede an 89th minute goal. 1-0 win, 0-1 win, 1-1 draw latest.
- Wolves 3 wins were to nil.
- Both teams have scored in 4/5 matches for Palace with just one win 1-2 v Fulham latest. 2 wins and a loss away, both teams scoring in the wins.
- Wolves have scored 2 goals only once and this is a little one dimensional.
SPANISH PRIMEIRA LIGA
20:00 - Eibar v Cadiz - 2.37 Eibar
- A poor start to the season for Eibar with a draw and 3 defeats. Win, Draw, Win last 3 matches for Eibar. 0-1-0-0 goals scored at home by Eibar is obviously a concern. 0-0 last home match is therefore a best case if they continue to fail to score.
- Cadiz's 2 defeats came at home. 0-0 v Villareal latest is impressive. Cadiz are yet to concede away with 3 wins, including v Real Madrid. Quite clearly Cadiz cannot be discounted here, hence 2.37 the favourite.
- If Eibar score first, you may want to consider laying Eibar. Where would a 2nd goal come from?
19:30 - Schalke v Stuttgart - 2.15 Stuttgart
- No win yet for Schalke in 4 losses and a 1-1 draw. No clean sheet. 2 consecutive 0-0's at halftime saw a 1-1 and 3-0 loss.
- Stuttgart lost their opener 2-3 v Freiburg. Win, Draw, Win, Draw 2 wins away for Stuttgart, scoring 4 and 2 goals.
- I would have to side with newly promoted Stuttgart here today but I do remember that some ends to Schalke's miseries last season were v newly promoted sides. Stuttgart have a consistent scoring vibe.
PORTUGUESE PRIMEIRA LIGA
20:30 - Pacos Ferreira v Porto - 1.53 Porto
- Only 1 win in 5 for Pacos Ferreira. 0-2 loss at home v Sporting Lisbon may be the template for Porto.
- 3-5-2-2-1 goals scored by Porto this season. Only 1 loss and one draw saw Porto score 2 goals.
- 0-5 and 2-2 v Sporting Lisbon away form for Porto.
- Expectation here is for Porto to score 2+ goals at best.
18:00 - Vejle v Randers - 2.25 Vejle
- A loss, then 4 wins and a draw for Vejle.
- 2-4-2-1-3-3 goals scored. Newly promoted as well.
- 4-1, 2-2, 3-2 at home for Vejle.
- Won their first match then draw and 4 consecutive defeats. 2 consecutive 1-0 away defeats.
- I like newly promoted Vejle this season but they have conceded 2 goals v teams around Randers in the league. Vejle did concede first last match and won 1-3 so have that goal power.
GERMAN BUNDESLIGA 2
17:30 - Fortuna Dusseldorf v Heidenheim - 2.25 Fortuna Dusseldorf
- Only 1 win for both of these 2 this season. 1-0 and 2-2 at home for Dusseldorf. 3 away defeats.
- Win Draw, Draw at home for Heidenheim. 2 losses away 4-2 and 2-1. Both teams scored.
- No strong angles here.
17:30 - Hamburg v St. Pauli - 1.53 Hamburg
- Newly relegated Hamburg are worth following. 5/5 wins for Hamburg. 2+ goals scored in all bar 1 match.
- St Pauli have had a 2-2 in 4 matches this season, 3 2-2 draws and a 4-2 win. They have lost only 1 match.
- Hamburg then, seem capable of scoring 2 goals today? Will St Pauli follow suit?
BELGIAN JULIPER LEAGUE
19:45 - Genk v Eupen - 1.80 Genk
Genk - 8th
- Failed to score and kept a clean sheet only once and that was in a 0-0.
- Win, Draw, Draw, Win, Win last 5 matches saw both teams score and Genk score 2+ goals.
- 6 over 2.5 goals matches in 7.
- Scored and conceded last 7 matches and last 5 at home.
- Both teams scored and Genk unbeaten v 9th and lower.
- 6/9 goals scored at home came 2nd half.
Eupen - 12th
- Only 2 wins.
- Only 2 losses came at home.
- 4 draws and a win away.
- Scored in their last 6 and last 3 away.
- 5/6 goals scored away came 2nd half.
- Both teams tend to score in Genk's matches with them tending not to lose. I will enter the match with that idea.
DUTCH EERSTE DIVISIE
17:45 - Helmond v MVV Maastricht - 2.37 Helmond
- Only 2 wins for Helmond came in away matches. 5 losses and a win last 6 matches.
- 4/4 losses at home for Helmond.
- Only 1 clean sheet.
- Only 2 wins for MVV too. A draw and 3 consecutive losses.
- Notably, all of Helmond's losses came v the top 7 - they play 15th today. Helmond though have not met any side 7th or lower this season.
17:45 - Jong Ajax v Almere - 2.45 Jong Ajax
20:00 - NAC Breda v NEC Nijmegen - 2.37 NAC Breda
- The market has gone luke warm about NAC Breda who won 6 consecutive matches but have lost their last 2 matches. NAC Breda have not had a 0-0 at halftime.
- 3 wins and a draw for NEC Nijmegen. NEC play 4th today and have only lost to the top 3 this season. NAC Breda have only lost to the top 2, and meet 5th That may explain the odds.
20:00 - TOP Oss v De Graafschap - 1.53 De Graafschap
- Only 2 wins for Oss came within the last 3 matches, 2 home wins.
- 1-2-2-2 goals scored at home.
- De Graafschap have lost only one match 7-3 away. 4 wins and a 0-0 last 5 matches.
- De Graaf have failed to score in a 0-0.3 2-1 wins in 4 matches for De Graaf.
- Due Deference to Oss and their 2 goal scoring habit. The market is not taken by that pattern.