I will do a review/preview video (what a great league the Norwegian Eliteserien was last night!) and am unlikely to see you on Telegram today, although the Finnish Veikkausliiga kick offs are early enough. I have added the Irish. I research very early in the week using the William Hill coupon and it missed the Irish early on. I have used the Challenge Table this early on to spot patterns. I think there are some good angles there and certainly Sligo Rovers are the eye-catchers early season.
16:00 - HJK Helsinki v Oulu - 1.08 HJK Helsinki
- 5 matches v 4 matches.
- 4 consecutive clean sheets for HJK. 4 wins and a 0-0. Very late goals last match - both 90 minute goals.
- All defeats for Oulu.2 goals at least conceded.
- HJK have had 2 consecutive 0-0's at halftime, which were 2-0 wins at fulltime.
16:30 - Ilves v KTP Kotka - 1.50 Ilves
- Win, Loss, Draw, Win for Ilves. 0-3 loss v HJK and 3-2 win v KuPS at home.
- They only failed to score v HJK.
- The market has them as very strong favourite today.
- Draw, Loss, Win, Loss for KTP this season.
Belarus Premier League
- In lieu of Elite European Football, let's re-acquaint ourselves with Belarus.
16:10 - Vitebsk v Smorgon - 1.50 Vitebsk - 10 matches
Vitebsk - 7th
- Only 1 loss.
- 2 consecutive wins ended a run of 4 consecutive draws, 3 of which were 0-0.
- 3 0-0's at home ended with a 3-2 win latest - a good trading match had I followed my live chat call and backed Vitebsk at 42!!
- 3-3-1 goals scored recently. Not the norm but are those 3 goals the reason Vitebsk are healthy favourite today?
- Wins have come v 10th, 11th and 12th.
- Only 1 win.
- 6 defeats and a draw, failing to score in all of the defeats.
- No wonder Vitebsk are such strong favourite. Smorgon have trouble even scoring. Vitebsk have scored 3 goals twice recently so should simply outscore Smorgon today.
18:10 - Dyn. Minsk v Rukh Brest - 2.05 Dyn Minsk
Dynamo Minsk - 3rd
- Only 2 defeats.
- 4 wins and a loss last 5 matches.
- Win, Win, Loss, Win, Win at home recently.
- Failed to score only twice, including last match.
- Scored in their last 5 at home.
- All wins v 8th and lower.
Rukh Brest - 5th
- 5 wins and 2 losses last 7 matches.
- Last 4 wins did come at home.
- 2 consecutive away defeats came v the big 2, Shakhter Soligorsk and BATE Borisov.
- Failed to score only once.
- Interesting that Rukh Brest have only fallen foul of the top 2....as they play 3rd today. The market has gone with Minsk today whose wins this season came v 8th and lower.
- If Rukh Brest find the top 2 (3?) a step too far, then I will be with the market but must say that Minsk have yet to show themselves v the top 7, failing to beat them so far.
Ireland First Division
19:45 - Athlone v UCD - 2.30 UCD
- A market I am not too keen on.
- 3 losses in 4 for Athlone were the only defeats all season. 2 1-0 defeats came away.
- Win, Win, Loss, Win at home for Athlone.
- 3-3-1-2 goals scored.
- UCD have only lost their last match, that was away.
- Win, Draw, Win, Loss away scoring 4-2-6-1 goals. So against the right opponent, UCD can really pull that trigger.
- 6 goals scored away by UCD last 15 minutes of away matches.
- Angles? 2-2 last head to head fits in with the goal scoring for these 2 at home/away. 3rd v 2nd early season. Athlone's wins have tended to come v 7th and lower. UCD's only loss came v 1st. As the market suggests, a top 3 clash is difficult to read. Certainly we expect goals.
19:45 - Cabinteely v Wexford - 1.60 Cabinteely
- Neither side has had a draw this season. Lay any late draw?
- Win, Loss, Loss, Win, Win at home for Cabinteely.
- Wexford have 100% defeats. Wexford are yet to score away, 3 of the defeats were 1-0 only. They have failed to score in 7 of their last 8 matches.
- Angles? It looks very obvious. Cabinteely already have a 1-2 win v Wexford this season.
19:45 - Cobh Ramblers v Cork - 2.10 Cork
- A local derby of sorts. How the mighty have fallen. Cork used to be perennial top 2 in the Irish Premier Division.
- Now it's 8th v 9th in the First Division.
- Cork have beaten Cobh 2-1 at home already this season but have yet to meet 7th and lower away. Cork's only 2 wins came at home v 9th and 10th.
- Cobh have just the one win, away v bottom side Wexford. They have scored and conceded away v 6th and lower but at home, v 6th and lower, have a single 0-4 loss v 7th.
- Angles. Football purists look away now! Poor sides. Cork have the seasonal head to head and we may see both teams score with Cork not losing if that pattern continues.
19:45 - Shelbourne v Galway - 1.80 Shelbourne
- 1st v 7th, 0-0 last head to head.
- Shelbourne are unbeaten this season. 3-1-3-2-1 goals scored at home. A couple of home score draws suggests they could equalise if Galway score first.
- Galway are yet to beat the top 8 home or away, and a 3-1 loss away v 3rd suggests possible struggles today for the away side.
19:45 - Treaty Utd v Bray - 1.91 Bray
- 6th v 5th.
- Treaty United are unbeaten at home. 0-0 last head to head.
- 3 of their 4 home matches came v the early bottom 3 so they have arguably not been tested yet.
- Bray are unbeaten away, and that includes away v 1st and 2nd (draws).
- On this small sample, favour Bray here today. Arguably, Treaty are not meeting the top sides at home which puts an unbeaten run at home into context.
Ireland Premier Division
17:45 - Finn Harps v Sligo - 2.15 Sligo
- 5th v 1st. Finn Harps are yet to beat the top 4. 1-0 loss v Sligo last head to head.
- Finn Harps have failed to score at home v the top 4 in 3 defeats, either 0-2 or 0-1.
- Sligo are unbeaten away. They are yet to concede a 2nd goal away so lay Finn if Finn score first on the assumption Finn won't have a 2nd goal in them.
- I suppose the market is not emphatically with the league leaders because of the last tight head to head? Looks like a changing of the guard in Ireland!
19:45 - Drogheda v Derry - 2.30 Drogheda
- 4th v 8th
- Only 1 home loss for the Drogs was a 0-1 v 2nd placed Shamrock Rovers.
- 1-1 last head to head with Derry. Drogs have not conceded that 2nd goal away so, as above, if Derry score first, Derry look layable - where will that 2nd goal come from?
- Derry have 2 losses away v 3rd and 9th. They have scored 2 goals only once v 6th.
- Derry don't have any strong angles/patterns.
19:45 - St Patrick's v Dundalk - 2.50 St Pats
- 3rd v 4th and a market with no strong opinion here.
- St Pats are solid at home. All wins bar a loss v 2nd. 1-1 draw last head to head.
- St Pats scored 2+ goals in 4 matches v 4th-9th.
- Dundalk's only away win came v bottom. 4 score draws. 1-1 draw and 2-1 loss away v the top 2. Will that extend to 3rd?
- St Pats look confident at home and have 2 goals in them. Dundalk layable if leading given so many score draws?