Lots of odds-on favourites in today's World Cup Qualifiers means lots of potential trading angles.
17:00 - Georgia v Serbia - 1.75 Serbia
- Only 1 win in 26 World Cup qualifiers for Georgia. Simply on probability they are unlikely to win.
- Serbia are second in Group D.
- Georgia look strong defensively. 1-2 loss to Austria, 1-0 v Ireland, and 2 1-1 draws.
- Serbia are unbeaten in 7 matches in World Cup qualifiers.
- Serbia are full of goals. 2-3-3-1 scored so far.
- I expect Serbia to outscore Georgia today. Georgia might make it tough to Serbia to score but Serbia should score and even 2 goals minimum.
17:00 - Turkey v Finland - 1.45 Turkey
- Turkey and Finland are struggling in Group I. But all is not lost for Turkey. So much so that (other results pending) Turkey could go 2nd with a win.
- 2 score draws, a 2-0 loss to Iceland and a 2-0 win over Kosovo for Turkey.
- 2-2 v Ukraine and 2-0 at home so far this campaign.
- A draw for Finland v Kosovo showcases their lowly ranking. 2 1-0 losses though v Croatia and Ukraine suggests Turkey may struggle to win today.
- Watch out therefore for a 0-0 for a while. Is it possible to back 0-0 pre match and hope Finland bring their defensive game? I tend to lay the 0-0 if 0-0 at halftime.
19:45 - Kosovo v Iceland - 1.39 Iceland
- Group I sees Kosovo bottom and Iceland 3rd.
- 1-1 and 3 defeats to nil for Kosovo.
- Iceland have been very competitive in World Cup qualifiers with a 1-1 v Ukraine, 3-2 win v Finland, 2-0 v Turkey and 2-0 loss v Croatia.
- Iceland should be winning here, scoring 2 or 3 goals.
19:45 - Rep of Ireland v Wales - 2.56 Rep
- 1st and 3rd in Group D, Ireland are having a great campaign.. A Welsh win will take Wales to within one point of Ireland.
- Ireland drew 2-2 with Serbia, then beat Georgia and Austria 1-0 and beat Moldova 1-3 away.
- Wales are unbeaten with a win and 3 score draws. The pattern tends to be for Wales to score first and then concede.
- Gareth Bale scored first in the 2 recent 1-1 draws.
- This is something we could work with. If Wales score first, they have consistently shown that they are vulnerable.
- 1-0 (I side with Ireland today) and 1-1 are workable correct scores for what should be a tight match.
19:45 - Liechtenstein v FYR Macedonia - 1.56 FYR
- Macedonia are a short step above the minnows. Liechtenstein lose but a 2-1 v Israel was a glimmer of hope.
- FYR scored and conceded in 3 defeats v Albania, Israel and Italy.
- I think FYR will not lose but would not discount a score draw. I would definitely be laying Liechtenstein if Liechtenstein score first.
19:45 - Croatia v Ukraine - 1.57 Croatia
- First and Second in Group I and the winner will lead the group. A draw sees Croatia top.
- Croatia started poorly with a 1-1 draw v Turkey but 3 wins since, all to nil.
- 2 score draws for Ukraine and then 2 wins v Kosovo and Finland.
- I think a Score draw will be best-case scenario for the Ukraine today and that is how I approach this match. I will oppose any Ukraine lead.
19:45 - Spain v Israel - 1.13 Spain
- Group G and Spain, Italy and Israel dominate.
- 1.13 odds suggests Spain will score 3/4 goals minimum today.
- Spain have not lost a World Cup qualifier Europe since September 1997 (that is only the start date for the data I have!).
- Spain last conceded 2 goals at home in a qualifier in October 1972 and only then probably because the keeper was wearing flares and a pair of platform shoes!
- Wins have been to nil this campaign.
- Israel look solid. A 1-3 loss v Italy was followed by 3 consecutive wins, 2 were 2-1.
- Quite simply Spain should be winning and mirroring Italy's 3 goals at least. Spain should not be conceding 2 goals at home which tells us to back Spain if Israel score first.
- Expect really a win to nil for Spain so look at correct scores if you want, 3-0, 5-0, 6-0.
19:45 - Austria v Moldova - 1.26 Austria
- 1-0 to Austria the last time these 2 met in World Cup qualifiers in 2015.
- A must win for Austria in Group D as they are only on 4 points after 4 matches.
- A win (and Wales and Ireland could slit each others' throats) will be huge today and could install Austria into 3rd place.
- 1-2 win, 2-2, 3-2 and 0-1 loss to Ireland suggests Austria have the requisite goals but cannot keep a clean sheet. So expect 2 goals from Austria today and a hope that is sufficient for the win.
- Moldova's 3 wins recently have come against San Marino (twice) and Montenegro. Austria are far more robust.
- 4-3-3 goals conceded by Moldova recently.
- I think Austria have 2 goals in them for sure, and in an ideal world they will match their colleagues in Group D in their 3/4 goal wins v Moldova.
19:45 - Italy v Albania - 1.26 Italy
- 2nd and 4th in Group G.
- Italy last lost a World Cup qualifier Europe in October 2004.
- A usually robustly defensive Italy have scored and conceded now in their last 7 matches.
- 2 consecutive score draws at home for Italy. They are unbeaten at home in World Cup qualifiers since 1961 lol!
- Albania's wins have come against Macedonia and Leichtenstein. They lost 0-2 to Spain at home.
- Take our cues from that. Italy will not lose. Lay any late draw as they have 2 match home draw sequence to end.
- Italy are conceding. Will Albania score? Let's hope Albania score first. I do expect a win to nil for Italy given what Israel and Spain did AT Albania.