4 shouts yesterday @drtclub Twitter, 3 came in. I would like to be tweeting tonight at 19:00, unless 'er indoors has made any plans. I hope I can see you @drtclub Twitter at 19:00.
SPANISH LA LIGA
19:15 - Getafe v Eibar - 2.04 Getafe
- Getafe onto a hiding to nothing playing Real Madrid away on their opener. Eibar lost 1-2 at home to Huesca.
- At this early stage, let's look to last year for possible patterns.
- These 2 finished 8th and 9th so will be expecting an above-average season.
- Outside of the top 7 at home, Getafe only lost one match. 0-0 v Eibar last season at home.
- 7/12 matches saw clean sheets at home v teams below them in the league. Will defence be getafe's calling card at home?
- Eibar only beat 3 of the top 16 away last season. They failed to score in 6/8 matches v top 8 away last season.
- If last season's pattern continues, Getafe will concede a maximum of 1 goal, if they concede at all. That could open the door to laying Eibar if Eibar score first.
21:15 - Leganes v Sociedad - 2.46 Sociedad
- Leganes started well away at Ath Bilbao and were mugged by a Bilbao 90th minute winner to take a one-point 1-1 to a zero-points 2-1 loss.
- Sociedad won 1-2 away at Villareal.
- Leganes will thank the Bottom 3 that they were so bad. Leganes finished comfortably 4th in the end but that was an unwelcome flirtation with relegation last season.
- Outside of the top 10 at home, Leganes lost only 1 match .8 clean sheets in 10 matches there reminds you of Getafe at home. Clear defensive bent for Leganes v the lesser lights.
- And Sociedad are one of those lesser lights, finishing 12th last season. They lost 1-0 to Leganes at Leganes.Sociedad were poor away last season. Only 4 wins v 13th, 14th, 18th and 19th.
- If Leganes' defence clicks, they could get a positive result. Sociedad have goals in them, as witnessed by the 3-2-4-1 goals scored in those wins above. Expect Sociedad to be goal-laden at home. Leganes defence may come out on top today.
19:30 - Bayern Munich v Hoffenheim - 1.24 Bayern Munich
- The Hoff went 3/4 head to heads unbeaten and tended to do their winning at home in recent head to heads.
- The Mighty Hoff (as they are known in these circles) took a 0-2 lead away at Bayern last head to head, only to lose 5-2 so there could be a real chance of a trading angle tonight.
- Bayern have unloaded Costa and the excellent Vidal and brought in only Wagner and Gnabry from.....the Hoff. Testament to the Hoff's season last season.
- The Hoff's transfer buys are severely budget-restricted.
- Bayern only lost 4 matches last season, one was v the Hoff 2-0 away. Bayern lost only 1 home match last season. They failed to score 2 goals in a home match only once.
- 3rd placed Hoff undid the Bayern/Dortmund Duopoly, along with Schalke. The clear form fact though for the Hoff away is that they lost to all top 4 away, conceding 2 goals at least. In fact they conceded 2 goals v all top 7 sides away. They kept only 2 clean sheets away.
- Bayern have been very quiet in their transfer business, so says soccerway. If last year's form is upheld, expect 2 goals at least from Bayern. Do not lose faith even if the Hoff lead 0-2.
FRENCH LIGUE 1
19:45 - Lyon v Strasbourg - 1.31 Lyon
- Lyon won their opener at home 2-0 but lost 1-0 to Reims - that was the double for Reims v Lyon.
- Strasbourg won 0-2 away v Bordeaux and 1-1 draw v St Etienne.
- 3rd v 15th from last season. Much expected of Lyon. Only 2 defeats at home last season for Lyon and a 4-0 win v Strasbourg at home. That was one of 5/6 clean sheets v the bottom 6 at home last season. Lyon ended last season with 6 consecutive home wins and scored 2+ goals in each of their last 9 season-end matches.
- Strasbourg lost 5/5 v top 5 away last season, conceding 2+ goals.
- Expectation is for the Lyon win today, scoring 2 goals at least. Do note the unbeaten start to Strasbourg's season but they failed to score away to 2nd, 3rd and 4th last season.
19:45 - Middlesbrough v West Brom - 2.54 Middlesbrough
- 2-2 draw and 3 consecutive wins for Boro sees an excellent start to the season. They have scored 2+ goals in 3/4 matches too. They have kept 3 consecutive clean sheets. All matches have seen 2-3-1-2 goals before halftime. 12th, 7th, 12th, 13th minute first goals as well.
- West Brom started the season very uncharacteristically with a 1-2 loss v Bolton when dominating. They followed with a disappointing 1-1 draw v Forest away. Their last 2 matches have seen them score 11 goals though in 2 wins. 3 1-1's at halftime in 4 matches. The latter 2 scorelines are what I expected from the start from this West Brom squad chock full of Premier League experience. Rodriquez, Robson-Kanu, Gayle, Livermore, Brunt, Chadli, Barry, Morrison and Gibbs are all recognisable names and some-time Internationals.
- This will be a fascinating clash. The early angles are goal before halftime at least. As with Wigan the other day, if 0-0 after 20 minutes, I'd lay the 0-0 in the halftime score market. Remember the sample is small.
- Other than that, it is tough to call with both sides building up goal-scoring momentum. Both teams to score has a chance here - remember Boro's fightback v Millwall and West Brom's scoring in every match and 11 in 2 now.
19:00 - ADO Den Haag v Fortuna Sittard - 1.93 ADO
- No win yet for these 2. 2 defeats for ADO and a draw and a loss for Fortuna. Both teams have scored in those 4 matches.
- Neither side has had a 0-0 at halftime, albeit a very small sample.
- ADO have been 2-0 down in their 2 matches and scored the next goal. Possible angle today? Ditto. Sittard have conceded first and scored next.
- Only 2 matches can hardly count for any definitive conclusions but you may want to lay the first team to score? Both teams to score? Maybe goal before halftime?
- Sittard are newly promoted. ADO were an encouraging 7th last season but only won 4 matches v the top 15. They did beat the bottom 3 at home -dare we assume Sittard will be bottom 3?
TURKISH SUPER LIG
17:15 - Rizespor v Erzurum BB - 1.75 Rizespor
- 2 matches into the season. I thought I would look at this as we have a home favourite at odds on.
- Both teams have scored in these 2 teams' matches.Loss and draw Rizespor. 3-2 and 1-3 loss Erzurum.
- Rizespor are unlucky to have lost 2-3. They were 2-0 up. Their opponents were awarded a penalty then 2 late goals saw, I feel, Rizespor lose concentration.
- With Erzurum conceding 3 goals, Rizespor have an opportunity for a positive result. I will enter this match with that expectation.
- Both of these are newly promoted sides 2-0 win for Rizespor last season at home to Erzurum.
CROATIA 1 HNL
19:00 - Osijek v Slaven Belupo - 1.61 Osijek
- In Croatia, Dinamo Zagreb, Rijeka and Osijek look the 3 reliable teams to focus on.
- 4 matches into the season - 3 home wins for Osijek and a loss away to Dinamo Zagreb.
- 4-3-3 goals scored at home.
- 2 score draws for Slaven and a 2-1 loss to Dinamo Zagreb.
- Both teams have scored in all Slaven matches without them winning. A ready angle to note if Slaven score first?
- If Osijek continue that impressive haul at home, it should be a comfortable home win.
DUTCH EERSTE DIVISIE
19:00 - Helmond Sport v Twente - 1.81 Twente
- 19th v newly relegated from last season.
- 2nd bottom last season, Helmond did beat 7th, 8th, 11th, 15th, 16th and 20th at home.
- Twente are the unknown quantity down to this lesser league.
- 0-0 this season for Helmond. 2-1 home win v Sparta for Twente. Encouraging considering Sparta are strong favs today.
- A hint Twente may find this less rarified air to their liking.
19:00 - TOP Oss v Jong PSV - 2.3 Jong PSV
- 15th v 5th from last season.
- Outside of the top 7 at home last season, Oss lost only 1 match. They lost 0-3 at home to Jong PSV.
- Jong PSV did lose away to teams throughout the league which smacks of inconsistency. Only 5 away clean sheets.
- Both sides scored 2 goals in wins in their openers.
19:00 - Almere City v Roda JC - 2.58 Roda JC
- 9th v newly relegated from last season.
- Only 2 home defeats outside of the top 3 last season for Almere. They scored and conceded in all bar 2 home matches last season.
- Roda a relative unknown in this new league.
- 2-3 Almere win in their opener. They were 0-3 up. Roda beat Jong Ajax 2-1 at home. Encouragement from both sides. But if you think Almere will be as careless again, lay them if they score first today, better still if 2-0 up.
19:00 - Sparta Rotterdam v Volendam - 1.54 Sparta
- Newly relegated v 14th. This ....is....Sparta. The market expects Sparta to win today.
- Only 1 away win v top 15 last season for Volendam.
- Both sides suffered a 2-1 loss in their openers. Both sides did not have a 0-0 at halftime.
19:00 - Den Bosch v Waalwijk - 2.04 Den Bosch
- 11th v 18th from last season. More struggles for Waalwijk this season?
- Only 1 loss at home for Den Bosch v 10th and lower. 0-0 at home v Waalwijk. 0-0 in this league is a rarity.
- Only 1 away win for Waalwijk last season.
- 1-2 win for Den Bosch and 1-0 win for Waalwijk in their openers. Both 1-0 leads at halftime.
19:00 - Jong Ajax v Dordrecht - 1.42 Jong Ajax
- Champions Last season v 13th. I assume you cannot have 2 'Ajax's ' in the one league?
- 4 home defeats last season for Jong v 4th, 5th, 16th and 17th, 2 of those defeats v other sides called 'Jong'.
- 3-0 at home v Dordrecht.
- Sporadic away wins for Dordrecht v 4th, 7th,9th. 12th and 3 of the bottom 4. 3-5-6 goals conceded away v top 3.
- A 2-1 loss for Jong Ajax in their opener, and a 0-0 Dordrecht.
19:00 - Cambuur v Jong AZ Alkmaar - 1.55 Cambuur
- 8th v 16th from last season.
- 6 consecutive wins ended the season for Cambuur. Only 4 home defeats.
- They beat Jong AZ 3-2 at home.
- Jong AZ did not have a draw last season away. 1st, 5th, 7th, 11th, 12th saw wins away.
- 2-2 Cambuur in their opener. 2-3 loss Jong AZ in theirs. No 0-0 halftime both sides.
- NEC were 2-0 up, ended 2-2. Jong AZ were 0-3 up, carelessly conceding 2 goals late on.
19:00 - FC Eindhoven v Go Ahead Eagles - 2.42 Go Ahead
- 12th v 17th from last season.
- 4/4 wins at home for FC v the bottom 4 scoring 3+ goals.
- Only 3 away wins for Go Ahead, perversely they beat the Champions away.
- 2-1 Jong PSV win v FC Eindhoven and 5-0 Go Ahead win v Jong Utrecht in their opener.
- Another match with no 0-0 at halftime.
The Irish Cup sees some potential trades. With odds such as the ones we see below, expectation is for 3/4+ goals and a goal at least before halftime. Simplistic angles in.
19:45 - Cork City v Maynooth University - 1.04 Cork City
19:45 - Dundalk v Finn Harps - 1.11 Dundalk
19:45 - Limerick v Cabinteely - 1.65 Limerick