I have concentrated on what league football there is today but the Irish Leagues are still far too early in their season for enough form to have been embedded. The Dutch Eerste Divisie takes its usual place on a Friday and has some decent angles.
There are some good International Friendlies but I will not research those. They are best served via the inplay stats. Russia v Brazil the standout. I will do a DRT Shorties list at the DRT Facebook page.
19:45 - Drogheda v Galway Utd - 2.38 Drogheda
- 14 goals scored by Drogheda in their 2 matches. Galway have won 2 and drawn away.
- Too early but Irish First Division worth following once we get form.
- Do not expect a 0-0!!
19:45 - UCD v Cabinteely - 1.62 UCD
- UCD have played 3 and scored and conceded in those 3 without a loss. 2-1, 1-1 at home.
- 3 losses and a win Cabnteely.
- Both sides beat Athlone. Cabinteely lost away 3-1 v 1st in the league.
- The market is with the home side. Little form but Cabinteely did lose to 1st and play 2nd today.
- Given UCD tend to score and concede in defeat, lay Cabinteely if Cabinteely scores first.
20:00 - Finn Harps v Wexford - 1.42 Finn Harps
- Only 2 matches played by Finn Harps, 1-1 and 0-2 win.
- A win and 2 losses Wexford, conceding 11 goals in their last 2 matches.
- Small sample of matches but Wexford clearly have problems defensively. Faith in the market?
19:45 - Bohemians v Bray - 1.64 Bohs
- 7 matches played by Bohs and 6 played by Bray so early doors.
- Bohs only won their opening match. They failed to score in 4 of their last 5 matches. No clean sheets yet for Bohs.
- These 2 are bottom 2. 2 home losses for Bohs were 0-1.
- A 0-0 and 5 losses for Bray. 0-0-0-1 scored away.
- Only clean sheet for Bray came first match.
- Tough to trust these 2. Their early season form is dire.
- I will leave this one be.
19:45 - St Patricks v Limerick - 1.62 St Pats
- St Pats have failed to score in 3 of their last 4 matches.
- Their 2 wins came away.
- Only 2 home matches St Pats, v Cork and Dundalk.
- Wins for St Pats came v current bottom 2.
- 0-1, 8-0, 5-0 so far for Limerick away. Sole win for them v 8th 0-1.
- Another toughie. But if Limerick have conceded 13 goals in 2 aways, then their defence is weak enough for a weak St Pats to get a goal or two.
- Lay Limerick if Limerick score first?
19:45 - Waterford v Shamrock Rovers - 2.44 Shamrock
- 4 wins and 2 losses Waterford so far this season, the 2 losses came away.
- 2-1, 2-0, 1-0 Waterford at home.
- Shamrock are current 2nd so are in good form early doors.
- 4 wins in 5 for Shamrock. They failed to score v the 2 teams which beat Waterford.
- This looks tight but 2 in-form sides suggests we are entering this Irish Premier League a bit early form wise.
19:00 - Fortuna Sittard v Cambuur - 2.04 Fortuna
- 1-1 and 1-0 Cambuur last 2 head to heads.
Fortuna Sittard (3rd)
- Scored and conceded in 5 of their last 6.
- Only 6 clean sheets.
- Scored and conceded in 5 of last 6 at home.
- Scored in last 15 at home.
- Only 2 0-0's at halftime at home.
- 9 wins and 2 draws at home v 7th and lower.
- 19 goals scored at home last 15 mins of matches.
- Scored and conceded last 5.
- 7 0-0's at halftime away (47%).
- Not beaten top 13 away.
- 13 of 16 goals scored away came 2nd half.
- If form is upheld this should be revenge mission for Fortuna.
- Slight both teams to score pattern for both so I would lay a Cambuur lead.
- Cambuur yet to beat top 13 away. Note they score 2nd half mostly so you might want to lay a 1-0 lead Fortuna 2nd half if they are leading.
- Strong home form v 7th and lower suggests the home win.
19:00 - Helmond Sport v FC Oss - 1.89 Helmond
- 3-1 Helmond and 0-0 last 2 head to heads.
- 3 wins and 0-0 last 4.
- 3 consecutive home wins.
- Only 1 0-0 at home.
- 5 0-0's at halftime at home.
- Only 3 wins and 8 defeats v top 14 at home.
FC Oss (11th)
- Only 2 wins in 9 came at home.
- Failed to score that 2nd goal away since 27th October 2017.
- Poor away - only 3 wins v 12th, 16th and 20th.
- But losses away v 14th, 15th, 18th and 19th - unreliable form.
- 22 of 27 goals conceded away came 2nd half.
- Tough to rely on FC Oss away form. Argument for both teams scoring and a 1-3/3-1 correct score which might have trading legs. If Oss win away they tend to score 3 goals, same Helmond at home.
19:00 - Jong Utrecht v Jong PSV - 2.22 Jong PSV
- PSV have enjoyed 3 consecutive 2-0's in head to heads.
Jong Utrecht (20th)
- Only 4 wins.
- Only 3 clean sheets.
- Only 1 loss in 4 at home.
- Conceded in their last 15 and last 11 at home.
- 6 0-0's halftime (40%).
- Did beat 1st at home but all defeats home and away otherwise v top 8 - that win came recently.
- 22 of 28 goals conceded at home came 2nd half.
Jong PSV (6th)
- Scored and conceded last 6.
- 3 consecutive away defeats.
- Conceded 2+ goals in each of their last 5 away.
- Drew 1-1 away v 18th, lost 3-2 away v 19th.
- 70% of goals conceded away came 2nd half.
- We may see a surprise here. Jong Utrecht recently beat 1st in the league 2-1 as part of a run of 3 unbeaten in 4 at home.
- Jong PSV no win away v bottom 3. I would seek value in laying any Jong PSV lead here.
- Strong 2nd half conceding both teams so if 0-0 at halftime, take that on.
19:00 - MVV Maastricht v FC Eindhoven - 1.83 MVV
- 1-1, 0-0, 3-2 Eindhoven last 3 head to heads.
- Only 1 loss in 7.
- 3 consecutive home wins.
- Unbeaten at home v 9th and lower.
FC Eindhoven (16th)
- 8 defeats in 10.
- 7 defeats in 8 away.
- No 0-0 at halftime last 12.
- Not beaten top 14 away.
- If form plays out, expect 2/3/4 goals from MVV in a likely win today. Unbeaten v 9th and lower playing an away side yet to beat top 14 away.
- I would lay the 0-0 in the halftime score market given FC Eindhoven have seen such big numbers scored before halftime recently.
19:00 - NEC Nijmegen v De Graafschap - 1.51 NEC
- 1-1 and 1-3 NEC last 2 head to heads.
- 3 wins in their last 4 matches.
- 3 clean sheets in 4 matches.
- No defeat in 15 at home scoring in every match.
- Unbeaten at halftime at home. 6 1-0's.
- Scored first 12/15 at home; led halftime 12/15 at home.
De Graafschap (7th)
- No win in 3.
- Failed to score in only 3 matches.
- Only 1 0-0 in 11 matches.
- Scored last 11 away.
- Beat 1st 0-5 away, drew 1-1 v 3rd away.
- Scored and conceded all bar 1 v top 13 away.
- A good argument for laying the 0-0 in the halftime score market.
- Both teams look highly likely to score. De Graaf have goals in them, but most likely without winning today and that would be my angle here v an NEC tending to score first and lead at halftime at home and indeed remain unbeaten.