CHAMPIONS LEAGUE ALERT FOLKS! Remember the chaos caused to the results the last time these major teams played a league match prior to a Champions League match. Bayern Munich and Monaco are the 2 candidates tonight. Will they play as they are supposed to, or are both sides value lays given they tended to under perform the last time there was a Champions League match (indeed Bayern lost to Hoffenheim).
18:00 - Nice v Angers - 2 Nice
- 0-1 Nice and 0-2 Angers in the last 2 head to heads.
- No draw in 6 matches for Nice. 3 wins in 4 matches though to date so good recent form. All were wins to nil.
- Angers ended a sequence unbeaten and with a number of score draws, when they failed to equalise in a 0-1 loss to Metz. That was unusual as they had a habit of equalising after conceding first.
- Nice have hit a nice patch at home, 2-0 and 4-0 and I expect them to not lose today. They seem full of goals and Mario Balotelli is behaving himself and scoring plenty.
- Lay Angers if Angers score first. Do not expect a 0-0 in this match in the current form Nice are in.
19:45 - Lille v Monaco (Champions League match upcoming) - 1.71 Monaco
- 4-4-4 scored by Monaco in the last 4 head to heads. The last team I remember scoring 4 goals regularly in head to heads was Barcelona v Eibar, and they followed up with 6 goals.
- The market though does not think Monaco will be as emphatic. Perhaps the odds are higher because they are away from home.
- We are 6 matches into French Ligue 1 and can now get some kind of a flavour into how the sides are getting on.
- Only 1 win for Lille came in their opener. 0-0-1-0-0 scored since then suggests tonight is a case of Monaco simply outscoring Lille.
- Lille failed to score in their last 2 matches at home.
- 5 wins and an away loss to Nice (Cote D'Azur derby where Balloteli was on fire for Nice, scoring 2 goals).
- 3-4-1-6-0-3 goals scored by Monaco this season, 4-1-0 away. Is there a slight concern with their 1-0 scored in the last 2 away matches?
- Monaco should score at some point (remember the 0-0 at halftime and react accordingly if so). Will Monaco score 4 goals again? The market does not think but if 0-0 at halftime you seekers of higher odds can back any other away score at what is sure to be tempting (and tradable) odds.
19:30 - Bayern Munich (Champions League match upcoming) v Wolfsburg - 1.17 Bayern
- 11 goals to no reply for Bayern in the last 2 league head to heads.
- 3-2-0-4-3 goals scored by Bayern this season and 1-0-2-0-0 conceded. Bayern's only loss was in a pre-Champions League match v Hoffenheim where Bayern made multiple changes to the first team.
- Wolfsburg's loss 0-3 at home to Dortmund should offer a template as to what to expect today. 1.17 odds suggests 3 goals bare minimum.
- 0-1-1-0-1 scored by the Wolf this season and best case in that scenario is a 0-1 or 1-1. It will not be sufficient against Bayern Munich.
AUSTRIAN EERSTE LIGA
17:30 - FC Wacker Innsbruck v Hartberg - 2.28 Wacker
- 2-2 and 3-1 Hartberg in the last 2 head to heads.
- Why on earth am I researching an Austrian Eerste Liga match?
- I like what I have seen from Hartberg this season on the occasions I have been able to follow their matches.
- 3 losses for Wacker this season came away from home.
- 4 match winning run at home.
- They failed to score only once.
- They beat 1st in the league 3-0.
- Only 2 defeats, one came in their last away match.
- Since we layed Liefering 0-2 up (and Hartberg drew 2-2), Hartberg have conceded, then drawn in the 90th minute, conceding 2 again then drawn 2-2, conceded first, then won 3-1, scored the winner after 2 1-1 draws, and lost their last match.
- You get the idea though. Hartberg have tended to be a good trading side and have caught my attention.
- Let's hope Hartberg are in a giving and fighting mood. FC Wacker are likely to score.
- Any 1-1 looks gettable here today as Hartberg have shown an ability to score a winner.
BELGIAN PRO LEAGUE
19:30 - Antwerp v Kortrijk - 2.2 Antwerp
- 7 matches into the season so I thought I would research this match.
- These 2 have only recently met in 2 friendlies so I will discount those matches.
- Only one loss was a 3-5 v Genk.
- Both teams have scored in the last 5 matches.
- Current 2 match 1-1 sequence.
- Failed to score only in opening match of the season, a 0-0 v Anderlecht.
- All wins have come away v 12th and lower. They play current 8th today. Is this Antwerp side just capable of beating early season strugglers?
- Not won to nil this season.
- 3 of 4 goals scored at home came last 15 mins of matches.
- Both teams have scored in the last 5 matches.
- 3 consecutive score draws.
- 2 consecutive 2-2 scorelines.
- Like Antwerp, only failed to score in opening match of the season.
- No 0-0 at halftime.
- An interesting match with a number of patterns.
- I would look to lay any late score draw here as both teams have a current score draw sequences and they cannot go on forever.
- I would lay the 0-0 in the halftime score market based more on Kortrijk who are yet to have a 0-0 at halftime.
- I would back 2-2 pre match as a trading angle only. Kortrijk do look vulnerable if leading. Both teams have scored in their last 6 matches and their score draw sequences suggest both teams concede readily. I tend to trade out if a team leads 2-0/0-2 or even at 1-1 (depending how early in the match the 1-1 is, I may stay in as a 2-1/1-2 scoreline will reduce the odds for 2-2 dramatically).