Well, BATE Borisov and Shakhter Soligorsk need to self-isolate after that performance. I was throwing my spare loo roll at the computer in shame. It is a gentle reminder though that the first day of any new season can be fraught with danger. I based my research on last year's patterns being reproduced. These are unique times though. No crowds and minds elsewhere.
There was a profitable opportunity to trade if you backed BATE at odds of 7 when 2-0 down at halftime. When they equalised 2-1 those odds dropped enough to allow a cash out. (I always advocate backing BATE and laying the underdog leading - you'd have profited from both eventualities at 2-1). I will do a DRT Review/Preview video.
BELARUSSIAN PREMIER LEAGUE
15:00 - Dinamo Brest v FK STI - 1.18 Dinamo Brest
17:00 - Dinamo Minsk v FC Ruh Brest - 1.38 Dinamo Minsk
- What did we learn from yesterday? The first day of a new season affords us no angles in. Reliance on last year's form may be redundant in light of 2 very short priced favourites crashing yesterday. We have 2 very short priced favourites today. Both play at home which is an advantage. Or is it ? - without a crowd!
- Clearly the inplay stats must be your guide. During this period, I'd like to offer you all free membership of www.drtinplaystats.com/scanner until the 4th April (initially) in order to help you follow the stats in these leagues we do not ordinarily cover. Email me if you want to take this up. Non obligatory. My way of helping you get a fix on these matches and teams you may not be familar with.
- I will have a look at 2019's season for these 2, fat lot of good it did yesterday.
- The value, if yesterday was anything to go by, would be to lay the 2 Dinamo sides at short odds, at the off?
SINGAPORE S LEAGUE
11:45 - Tanjong Pagar United v Albirex Niigata - 1.58 Albirex
- A foray to this league earlier in the week was successful.
- Only 2 matches into the season. Draw and loss for Tanjong so far. Win and draw for Albirex Niigata, 4-0 home win and 2-2 away draw.
- These 2 last met in 2014, suggesting Tanjong Pagar are newly promoted.
- Ideal angle is to follow the in-play stats and expect struggles of the newly promoted side at home. Albirex are averaging 3 goals a game (albeit a small sample of 2 matches).