Happy New Year. See you tomorrow on Telegram for a bumper coupon. A quiet start to the New Year, I will of course be following Sheikh Russel in the Bangladesh Federation Cup. What a way to start the New Year! Come on the Sheikh!
ENGLISH PREMIER LEAGUE
17:30 - Everton v West Ham - 2.00 Everton
- 3rd v 10th.
- 4 consecutive Everton wins, 3 to nil sees home wins v Chelsea and Arsenal. Bring on another London side...This put to bed a very poor November for the Toffees.
- They have failed to score in only 2 matches.
- Only 1 0-0 at halftime at home for Everton and away for West Ham.
- Neither side has had a 0-0 at fulltime.
- Only 1 win in 5 matches for West Ham sees them having a less successful Christmas Period.
- West Ham only failed to score in their last away match, v Chelsea.
- Angles? The seasonal stats say lay the 0-0 in the halftime score market but do remember, 2 recent Everton wins were 1-0 and there were 3 clean sheets
- On Christmas form, you are with Everton to at least not to lose. 3rd consecutive home London win?
20:00 - Man Utd v Aston Villa - 1.70 Man Utd
- United are unbeaten in 9 matches now, needing a 93rd minute winner to beat Wolves.
- Let's remind ourselves of United's home goal scoring. 1-1-0-0-1-0-6-1. I thought the 6 goals scored v Leeds was indicative of a United solving their one goal a game problem at home but it looks an anomaly doesn't it?
- These single goal habits don't concern if United are winning 1-0 as they have done twice recently at home.
- 5 0-0's at halftime at home for United, only twice at fulltime.
- 2nd v 5th here, 0-0 at home v 6th, 1-6 loss v 7th and 0-0 v 8th at home.
- Villa's blip came in November. Since then, Win, Draw, Win, Win, Draw. 4 clean sheets in 5 matches is the strong pattern here for Villa. 0-1, 0-3, 1-1 away. The 1-1 was v Chelsea.
- Villa have failed to score in only 2 matches.
- Villa have scored in their last 7 away matches.
- Solid v the top 6, Villa beat 1st at home, 3rd away (0-1) and 6th draw 1-1 away.
- Angles? The key to this match is whether United will revert to one goal a game at home? Certainly they play a far more defensively solid Villa with their 4 clean sheets, coming off the back of a 1-1 away v Chelsea.
- Bar the Leeds match, United have had 3 0-0's at halftime at home. Dare we back 0-0 pre match and cash out if 0-0 at fulltime? Will defences be on top here? Final scores if these patterns continue? 1-0, 0-1, 1-1? New Year's Resolution for United? Score more than 1 goal in a home match.