Some readable World Cup friendlies I think today and arguments for one side over the other which I hope will be reflected in-play. I'll try to be on Twitter @drtclub for the Brazil match onwards. Well worth a watching brief too I think. How did you play the Austria match? Did you lay Germany as they scored first? If so, well done! 2-1 to Austria. Did you back 0-0 Ireland match and trade out before halftime? We woz mugged 45th minute with a goal. The 0-0 in the Thailand match lasted until the 35th minute.
15:00 - Brazil v Croatia - 1.68 Brazil
- With Croatia playing Argentina at the World Cup, this friendly with Brazil is a logical move.
- Brazil face two European sides in the Group Stages so this match is beneficial for them too.
- Brazil's only loss in a friendly was v Argentina, since September 2013.
- Brazil have not conceded 2 goals in a friendly since June 2013.
- Already Croatia have begun their South America team friendlies with a 2-0 loss to Peru, 0-1 win v Mexico.
- I cannot see a surprise here tonight despite the friendly nature of the match. Let's hope the Croats score first.
15:00 - Albania v Ukraine - 1.78 Ukraine
- Neither side is heading to Russia.
- Only 1 win in 7 friendlies for Albania was a 2-3 v Turkey.
- They have even lost to Kosovo 0-3 and 1-2 to Luxembourg.
- On that basis alone, we'd have to be with Ukraine here all ends up? Surely?
16:00 - Andorra v Cape Verde Islands - 1.69 Cape Verde Islands
- The match the world has been waiting for. After yesterday's tantalising affairs such as Kenya v New Zealand, we have another clash of 2 footballing giants.
- Andorra have won 2 recent friendlies v San Marino and Liechtenstein and drew 0-0 with Azerbaijan.
- 5 consecutive 0-1 home defeats, spread over a few years, for Andorra.
- Looking at recent results for the Cape Verde Islands, in particular the 2-1 wins v South Africa and 2-3 v Algeria,and it looks a good price for the Islanders.
- 4 consecutive away friendly wins v Congo, Portugal, Luxembourg and Algeria suggests to me that Cape Verde are a touch higher in quality than the established minnows (Gibraltar, Kosovo, San Marino, Liechtenstein et al.
- I would expect a positive from Cape Verde today. What chance another 0-1?
18:00 - Costa Rica v Northern Ireland - 1.92 Costa Rica
- Serbia, Switzerland and Brazil await Costa Rica in Russia.
- Northern Ireland were excellent in qualifying but did not make it
- 0-0-1-0 scored by the Costa Ricans recently in friendlies, 3 defeats and a 0-1 win v Scotland.
- Only 1 loss in 10 friendlies stretching back to 2015 for Northern Ireland.
- They conceded 2+ goals only once, v Croatia.
- 0-0 last match v Panama.
- No strong angles here, sorry.
19:00 - Saudi Arabia v Peru - 1.59 Peru
- Denmark, France and Australia for Peru in their group.
- Russia, Uruguay and Egypt for the Saudis.
- The Saudis have played a huge amount of friendlies.Wins since 2017 v Cambodia, Moldova, Algeria and Greece.
- Overall Peru are unbeaten since March 2017, with 9 wins and 4 draws.
- 7 consecutive wins for the Peruvians in friendlies. I think the Pan Pipes will be playing tonight. On that momentum, Peru should really be eyeing the win today. A side in solid overall form and solid friendly form v all-comers.
20:00 - Spain v Switzerland - 1.36 Spain
- It is worth researching friendlies as you saw with Austria v Germany yesterday.
- 0-1 Swiss back in 2010 the last time these 2 met.
- Spain meet Portugal, Iran and Morocco in their group.
- Switzerland meet Brazil, Serbia and Costa Rica. A focus more on South Americans would be beneficial.
- Spain have not lost a match since September 2016.
- Only 3 wins in 7 friendlies saw 4 score draws, 3 2-2 or higher. The winning mentality not quite switched on in friendlies.
- Only 3 losses for Spain in home friendlies since November 2002 were 0-1 only.
- 4 consecutive clean sheets for the Swiss. They like to park the Big Toblerone.
- 4 consecutive friendly wins for the Swiss, 2-1 v Moldova, 1-0 v Belarus, 0-1 v Greece and 6-0 v Panama.
- A Spanish home defeat in a friendly is a rare occurence so I'll place my faith in that. You may want to take out a 0-1 insurance incase the Swiss do the in-frequent and win 0-1.
- Spain have been banging the goals in of late. Other value options? 2-2 and 3-3 correct scores - remember those 4 recent score draws in friendlies for the Spaniards.
14:00 - Landskrona v GAIS - 2.48 Landskrona
- Only 3 wins all season.
- Failed to score only twice.
- 3 draws in 4 at home.
- Only played 1 home match v 6th and lower so big gap in form.
- 2 consecutive wins after a run of 3 defeats.
- Only 1 clean sheet.
- Conceded in their last 5 away.
- All defeats this season v 5th and higher.
- 5 of 7 goals scored away came 2nd half.
- We suffer again from a 'gap in form' for Landskrona at home. So, based more on GAIS away and their tendency this early season to only lose to top 5 sides, I would be with GAIS not to lose today as my angle here. Keeping only one clean sheet, GAIS may concede and a hope they concede first to allow us a trade.
16:30 - Orgryte v Falkenbergs - 2.3 Orgryte
- Top 2 in the league and sometimes these matches can see the teams cancel each other out.
- 2-1 Orgryte and 1-1 last 2 head to heads.